VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Cliff

Cliff Member

Because you've run out of headroom and ASW is kicking in.

2. manfer

manfer Member

When exactly kicks ASW in? is there a Description for the "ASW-Auto"?

3. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

4. mlsxld

mlsxld New Member

New V1.5.5.2 has been deployed, Sadly no further optimization of vehicle light performance at night or raining, I hope it is still in devs' list, at least add an option to limit number of vehicle behind player.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cliff

Cliff Member

What we need is the ability to dim the dash and wheel lights.

6. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes that would be so nice! Please devs add this option.

That would be awesome as well. Sometimes the screen in the car is too bright.

7. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Just tested AMS2 on my Quest 3 using the Steamlink app.

Previously i used the Link Cable mode with an aftermarket Kiwi cable (ain't paying 5-times the price for an official one) and frankly i was always struggling with the right combo of framerate / quality and could never ever find a sweetspot for any setting.

That being said with the Steamlink it runs so well ! Not totally perfectly as you would using a cable on a beefy PC but where previously i had constant random loss of frames, jutter and the low bitrate ruining the image, with the Steamlink app (120 hz mode disabled to reduce battery drain) it all runs and looks really great ! Also still having the cable plugged in to increase battery life as i did in Link Cable mode.

Router i use is the Tp-Link Archer AX55 AX3000.

8. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

sounds like a really nice bunch of improvements coming for the PICO and Streaming Assistant. I only use mine for AMS2 and AC both of which have been problematical getting them to run i.e. in the headset and not on a big screen in the headset.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

I’m on the scout for a new VR set and PC as well, as you all can see in my sig. My PC is from 2017 and it still works great with AMS2 and 1 screen but not so good for use with the current VR headsets. I really miss racing in VR. I had an Oculus Rift v2 but sold it a year ago due to EOL . Any recommendations on a VR set? I thought a Reverb g2 but that one is EOL according their website.
    So a Meta quest 3 also have very good reviews. Although it is from Meta and an FB account is mandatory . That is Doubtful of course.
    There are more sets but I really don’t know which is the best option. They all will have their pro’s and con’s.
    Planning to buy an AMD Ryzen7 7800x3D CPU and an Nvidia 40xx (TI) GPU.

there simply is to much to choose from. :eek:

10. dryheat94

Just to be clear, you need a Meta account, not a Facebook account. I do not have a Facebook account.

11. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I got that Quest 3 before xmas and for me it wasn't even a competition to what to look for (we'll maybe pico 4, but when I could afford quest 3, I didn't think about it much). You have options if you are just wanting a headset only for simracing/pcvr, but you need to have beefy computer and willing to put some serious money often to get better results (like Pimax Chrystal)

It's definitely not perfect and people with 4090 especially has said the 4090 helps with getting more out of from Quest 3 in simracing, but you don't need 4090. I have 3080 and I doubt I lose that much in quality (but I'm limiting the vertical fov in sims a lot to get the headroom needed). I and my kids use it also outside simracing as standalone thing, which was big help with justifying the purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GFoyle

and even if you do, you don't need to connect it to this account (I didn't)

13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

thanks.
    The Primax is a bit above budget.

Really? With my Rift I had to otherwise I could not start the needed software anymore. Did they change that?

14. GFoyle

No idea, but that's how it worked with Quest 3 now. My first proper VR headset

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. dryheat94

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

Facebook. Meta. Same same. I just set up account to get Oculus Home going, turned off all notifications and jacked up privacy options and never used the Facebook thing again

• Like Like x 1
  17. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

Moving back to this thread, in case anyone missed it, us Oculus users can now use OpenXR Toolkit thanks to this great new tool: GitHub - rodolZ80/bypass-oculus-detector: Windows Library that simulates not having the Oculus service running and having the VR Headset disconnected.

So, keen to know what settings people are using. I'm on Rift S and have ASW auto and vertical FOV 0.8 in ODT and for OXRTK I have CAS 90%, FFR custom 80% inner, middle 1/2, outer 95% 1/16, prefer Horizontal, 165% horizontal scale, 10% vertical offset, turbo off, PP on Sunglasses light, override resolution 2500x2161. This is with 7800x3d and 3080. I don't have any sharpening applied in the ini though not sure if needed on top of the CAS. I have shadows off too as find them too jaggy in this game. I don't mind the ASW kicking in for day night transitions, it's better than the frame drops with ASW disabled. Haven't touched NVCP either. MSAA is high in game. If anyone has any tips let me know.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Hey folks.
    Do we have a consensus on VR camera settings?
    I'm not using a motion rig so bouncing around with the car is out of the question, but i would like to lean with the car during banks.

I think i have it dialed in but was wondering what other people were using

19. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Thanks for sharing

but if i am not mislead it was possible since few weeks ago to use opencomposite finally running openxr runtime

the trick was to crate a game launch shortcut in the steam app and launch from there

having used the Q2 in a while since the pico neo3 link is my Simracing headset now so I will try later

good there are options now though so again thanks for sharing

20. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Works great thanks again for sharing

• Like Like x 1