Blinking/Flickering AI

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by irishtim7, Jan 25, 2024.

1. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

Hi,
    I was messing around last night in Gr.A at Oultan park. AI Race. Daytime. 28 cars (with thunderflash GrA also). 16 cars visible in the settings. the AI cars 3-4 positions ahead of me kept blinking in and out into Knickerbrook. Might have been in one other spot as well but can't recall. It was happening every lap in traffic into knickerbrook. My FPS was stable at 100-110. Anyone experience this issue or know what might be causing this?

2. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

Alright. I've got to get to the bottom of this. It's happening on every corner of Brands now. It's immersion breaking and annoying. 3-4 cars are disappearing end reappearing a second or two later like they are having connection issues in a multiplayer race. I'm running 160 fps. 25% CPU Utilization. I have the power to run a simple AI race. I don't get it.

3. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

I will say also that I am running last when this is happening so no cars are being rendered behind me. And the cars disappearing will be in the middle of the pack of cars drawn in front of me.

4. Marcos Santos

Marcos Santos Member

Check your performance setting for "Maximum Visible Cars".
    Make sure it is set to OFF.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

Thanks mate. That did the trick. Cost me 20-25 FPS, but much better.