Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: JCW Mini
    Applicable Settings: Rain conditions (for this example we used April 22nd 2016 wet track present with rain going into light rain at Brands Hatch GP
    Report: Wet tires seem to wear faster than they should, close to 10% per lap for some. This was season 8 of our champ in a field with experienced racers with no artificial assists on, we did a 13 lap race (20m) and most people lost all displayed 'green' in the HUD after about 10-11 laps. I tested myself separately and the tires don't seem to wear much if you lock up or spin the wheels, but in side load from cornering the % just bleeds off.

2. Djangopass

Djangopass Formula Vintage cars

Img_01.jpg Img_02.jpg Track & Layout Used: It seems to happen in any track
    Car Used: It seems to happen with any car
    Applicable Settings: settings seems irrelevant
    Report: The first time I enter an online session (with different car and different tracks), the car is completely trasparent whether by using VR (my standard setting) or Monitor (see the pictures). After this, I have tried to run in a offline session but it happens the same. Close and open the game as well as shut down the PC. No way to have back the render of the car. What solved the problem was to scroll among the different camera views. Not sure it is normal.
    Steps to reproduce: Try to join any online session.

3. muzarati

muzarati Member

Track & Layout Used: Galeao Airport
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Bad stuttering at certain parts of the track
    Steps to reproduce:
    I wonder if some of the track textures need more optimization, it's a wide expanse of detailed concrete unlike a normal circuit that is broken up grass. Also the groove looks quite wide and heavy in parts.

4. oseoin

oseoin New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos GP
    Car Used: F3
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Race position missing from race results, but not for all drivers: https://storage.googleapis.com/ams2-session-logs/race-18758-result.json
    Code:
    "76561198038249727" : {

"counts" : {

"qualify" : {

"positions" : {},

"positions_per_size" : {},

"states" : {}

},

"race" : {

"positions" : {},

"positions_per_size" : {},

"states" : {}

},

"race_finishes" : 0,

"race_joins" : 1,

"race_loads" : 0,

"race_loads_done" : 0,

"track_distances" : {

"-1478712571" : 76116

},

"tracks" : {},

"vehicle_distances" : {

"302183120" : 76116

},

"vehicles" : {}

},

"last_joined" : 1706220157,

"name" : "oseoin"

},

Steps to reproduce: Unknown, has only happened once

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  5. the birb

the birb New Member

Track & Layout Used: Tested with Spielberg full modern layout and Spa-Francorchamps 2022 (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Any of the TSI Cup cars, happens on all 4
    Applicable Settings: Stability Control has to be on
    Report: The front tires can get bugged out, deform, and causes the car to get frozen stuck, unable to move unless pushed by another car. Respawning doesn't fix it. The first time I discovered this, the car was partway in the ground and eventually the back tires broke too as they kept rolling, but I wasn't able to reproduce that part.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive a TSI Cup car while having SC on, and drift sideways with the handbrake with enough speed (around 40 mph should be enough) and the car will be stuck in place and the tires will be bugged out. Screenshot 2024-01-26 233524.png 20240126215745_1.jpg 20240126224655_1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

I can confirm this also happened to me in both practice and race sessions driving a P3 class car at Oulton Park. So I suppose it's a general bug that will happen at any car/track combo.

Hopefully to be addressed soon, since other than that it's a great feature.

7. the birb

the birb New Member

Found another!
    Track & Layout Used: Tested on Adelaide (modern), Brands Hatch Indy, Goiânia External, Monza Junior, Snetterton 200, and Tarumã Internacional. (Also tested on these short tracks and it didn't happen, maybe a length related thing? Snetterton 100, Tykki RX, Tykki Tarmac, and Tykki Dirt 2)
    Car Used: Kart Cross
    Applicable Settings: AI on (skill level seems irrelevant), Fuel usage real, Pit stop refueling allowed on
    Report: AI Kart Cross cars will usually pit after the first lap to refuel way too early. Not all of them will, and the ones that don't pit don't try to pit the next lap, so they shouldn't need to pit so early.
    Steps to reproduce: Just race a lap with refueling and fuel usage on in the Kart Cross class, and usually most of the AI will pit the first lap. 20240127141555_1.jpg 20240127142825_1.jpg

8. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

something odd happening with the skid marks. rally cross @ santa cruz
    ss123802.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. pr07

pr07 Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Formula USA 2023
    Applicable Settings: Accelerated fuel use
    Report: Fuel calculator is wrong, it says your fuel will last for far longer than it actually does. Either it doesn't account for the multiplier, or it's just wrong. Impossible to run qualifying like this because the AI puts on what the game says is 3 laps of fuel, but then it's not enough for them to complete 3 laps (outlap, flying lap and inlap), as a result they end up with qualy times many seconds off the pace, because they pit at the end of their flying lap, to have enough fuel for the inlap.
    Edit: I did some more testing. The multiplier was taken into account, but it was probably the wrong one. Everything worked fine with normal fuel usage.
    Steps to reproduce: Accelerate fuel usage, look at how many laps the setup screen says it will last, drive the car and see for how long the fuel actually lasts, and check the setup screen again, to see if it still says it will last longer than it actually did.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  10. pr07

pr07 Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Accelerated tyre wear (the multiplier doesn't seem to matter)
    Report: When changing tyres, the new set of tyres seems to suffer much less tyre wear than the old one before the pitstop. It's not because of lighter fuel, because it also happens with refueling. Happened on pretty much every race I've done in the last 2 months. What I haven't figured out yet is if it just stops taking the multiplier into account, or reduces tyre wear massively for no reason.
    Steps to reproduce: Do a race (any car on any track) and observe the tyre wear for a few laps, then pit for a new set of the same compound of tyres, drive for the same amount of laps, and compare the tyre wear between the two stints.

11. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Curvelo
    Car Used: Any (many)
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: ctd w every vehicle tried
    Steps to reproduce: select Curvelo on Single race screen; been this way for months

12. Gabriel Sanabria

Gabriel Sanabria New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos
    Car Used: P1, GTE and Classic FL
    Applicable Settings: Single Player, Multiclass race with mandatory pit stop on
    Report: Damage repair occur during pitstop even if the car has no damage and damage repair is set to "no" in pit menu. Lost more than 1 minute repaing none damage
    Steps to reproduce: Don't know, only happened once. I haven't had the opportunity to run this race again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

As far as I know, the in-game calculator does not account for the multiplier, or if it has before, that hasn't been the case recently. Usually you have to keep in mind what multiplier is on and do the calculations yourself, which is just not great (and even worse when it's a multiplayer lobby and you don't know what the rate is)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Maddin71287

Maddin71287 Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Historic 1976 full
    Car Used: Formula Vintage Gen. 1
    Report: In a 39 Laps Race, after about 25 Laps one of the AI Cars broke down and retired, causing a full course yellow. The car stands half on the track with black smoke and did not disappeared. The safety car was out till the end of the race.

15. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

This looks like a legitimate bug. At 10:30, James looks at a replay, but when he goes back to gameplay, LiveTrack freaks out a bit, seemingly resets the track, or locks his tires to be ice-cold.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I did experience this a while back, posted at the time. Session had been drying since the start, watched replay, track state reset to the start. Not sure about the tires. (Think it was just a solo test drive session)

17. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

^^^

Known issue with livetrack. If you watch the replay during a session the track conditions reset to those at the start. Don't watch a replay until the race has finished!

18. Superstardj 2

Superstardj 2 New Member

Track & Layout Used: It seems to happen in any track
    Car Used: It seems to happen with any car
    Applicable Settings: settings seems irrelevant
    Report: It's new, but starting a Championship season with any car, on any track, the air and track temp. are only about 7-8c. I use the default setting, but tracks like Barcelona or Imola are defaulting at such low temps it is impossible to get enough heat in the brakes or tyres to even get through a corner.
    This only happens for the first race in a Championship.

19. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

Track & Layout Used: Any/All
    Car Used: Any/All
    Applicable Settings: Any/All
    Report: Bokeh in photo mode appears as a black wall or visual plane that moves back and forth with focus distance. It's clear the black represents the portion of the photo that's supposed to be out of focus.
    Steps to reproduce: Enter photomode with using the RX 7800 XT graphics card

Bokeh Turned On
    [​IMG]

Bokeh Turned Off
    [​IMG]

20. Hoffi_Official

Hoffi_Official New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any Tracks
    Car Used: Gen 3 GT3 Porsche and i think any cars with full course yellow on.
    Applicable Settings: Full Course Yellow on
    Report: If the Safety Car drives out of the box and everyone overtakes it while he is leaving the Pit, then you have +1 lap because you overtake the safety car. As soon as the safety car is on the track and you you are behind it you stay in the same lap. Everything that is in front of the Safety Car is in the next lap.
    There is no announcement that you can overtake the field when the safety car drives onto the track in front of you.
    Steps to reproduce: That you can get round back during the race to be in the same lap.