Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

It has never been qualified discussed in this forum.
    I have raised this a few times but the reaction has been the goofy: Its the same for all ... so :rolleyes:
    Principally AMS2 is the only socalled sim where the car state in TT is NOT reset when you are crossing the finish line. Which means you cannot compare lap 1 with lap 2 with lap 3 ...etc.
    So in TT mode AMS2 dont care if your fastest lap is set on lap 1 or 2 or...
    So eventhough the car state is different you are unable to check this on the official LB lists.

And its the same with your un-optimal tire and brake temps.

2. slow tragoul

slow tragoul New Member

So, I might be late to the game but I have noticed that the Copa B mini has been disabled in timetrials. Also noticed a P3 car set the fastest copa B time at Adelaide.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

I've been doing some time trial and there's one thing I'm finding that's quite annoying. I'd like to know if this is some sort of bug or if I'm doing something wrong. The car stalls immediately upon entering manual control at the start of the time trial. I've tried in first gear, second gear, neutral no clutch, neutral clutch in with no luck at all. I just get the grinding gears sound and then stalled engine. I then have to switch the ignition on, restart the engine and try to take off with a good launch out of the last turn to make the first lap usable.

I don't understand what's going on with this. I'm not using any nanny aides. Everything is set to manual. This is H-pattern car. I have not done any TT in a sequential or paddle shift gearbox cars. Am I doing something wrong here on the starts?

4. BrunoB

Have you tried different cars?
    I have never had this issue - and Im doing TT all the time :D
    If you have this issue in other cars too then find the other thread thats running at the moment with similiar issue.
    Similiar but just in Race i guess(?)
    and check one of the formula cars in TT :)

5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I never experienced that, Try to verify the integrity.
    (If change your mind you can hire here The Nanny Aid - Strengthening Families One Nanny at a Time)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

So, it was doing it with all cars I tried. Not sure how I figured this out but it turns out it was my ignition switch. It's mapped to an on/off toggle switch. For some reason, starting the TT with the ignition in the on position it thinks you are switching the ignition off when the sim gives manual control and thus kills the engine.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. BrunoB

A thinking ignition switch caused it - OK.
    At least good it got solved - without SaxOhares nanny:p

8. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried the Copa Montana @ Salvador, a track I've (shamelessly) never driven at so was surprised to see it was street circuit. Anyway on the first lap, driving fairly slowly so as to learn it, I got a Track Limits warning and subsequent Invalid Lap, I hadn't cut a chicane or anything as this was simply on a bit of track with walls either side of me....seems odd that. o_O

9. J!M!X

J!M!X New Member

@MarcG
    There is a yellow line after Turn 1 on the right side. Should be a pit exit lane ...

01-02-_2024_23-09-45.png

Just before the big glitch left Turn, where cars can use the right wall to lean on without damage.
    Watch my Ghost ... i did a 1:12.211 . Saw it first on Puberts Ghost. That should be fixed.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

Losing a couple of tenths or more is enough damage, don't ya think? :D

11. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Classic Gen3 Time Trial leader bobards are down on all tracks

12. J!M!X

J!M!X New Member

Seems u dont have seen the Ghost. Ridin the Wall like in a Rollercoaster made it a Lap Record, which would be really hard to beat without touchin the wall.
    Actually the first 4 Positions are using this Rollercoaster. Its a big Advantage.

rollercoaster.png

Greetz ;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  13. BrunoB

When I experience something like that in TT I just quit that track.
    And load one of Reizas other lovely tracks.
    No reason to compete with such kind of obvious cheated laptimes.
    That could be seen as the difference between a sim mentality and arcade mentality.;)

14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

But it was done IRL

15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

(I know I've asked for this before, but I still don't have an answer, and it's so mood-spoiling, so I'll do it again)
    Is there any chance that we will ever be able to run against our fastest session time in Time-Trial?
    I find it so annoying that the ghost changes to whatever what time when I change my setup. Even when I quit my TT session, and load my fastest time from the driver-list on the start screen, I get a random time.
    Please give me a "Fastest-Session" ghost and not the "Whatever-Stint" ghost

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gran Turismo was indeed the real driving simulator :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. BrunoB

Haha good one.
    But as I see it its some kind of accident.
    But I agree that eventhough you can probably only do it 1 time in a race because of damage then it looks like you can earn a lot of positions.
    Hehe even in RL it looks pretty arcadish:p

18. BrunoB

You are so right.
    Its pretty lousy they havent solved this BUG long time ago.
    But I have given up reporting it because it looks like there are no interest solving such a basic thing.:rolleyes:

19. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems to use your fastest time in a "session", until you hit restart, and then it uses the fastest time you set before you hit restart the last time, no matter if 2 (or 131) restarts ago you went faster.

I agree it's not very useful and I guess it could be changed by just not overwriting the ghost/delta if it was slower than your fastest, it's kept somewhere in memory, so it probably can be fixed, then again Madness engine can be quite mad, so perhaps not.

The optimal way would be to store the delta as user generated content, like the ghosts on leaderboards are, so your personal best delta is available every time you go to a track in TT, but just retaining the best time after loading up a track and using that delta no matter how many restarts you do until you set a faster time would go a long way.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
  20. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member