The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Shark

Shark New Member

How I never saw that previously is beyond me, thanks for uncorking my head from my butt. About those unspeakable things...it's just a prank bro!

2. muzarati

muzarati Member

Totally agree, the mirror in the SV8 is way too big and in the way! In AMS1 I was able to edit the GMT file and remove it, not sure this is possible this time around?

3. Micha28

Micha28 New Member

Will it happen at some point that the car settings with a fixed setup (such as ABS etc.) will be carried over from qualifying to the race???

4. Peter Kasbergen

Peter Kasbergen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just thought of something while setting up a 2.4Hx10 race with multiple weather slots. I love the AMS2 weather system and think it's the best out there. Therefore, I normally like to set up a couple of random weather slots to see what nature wants to throw at me.

However, I really dislike driving in the rain. To prevent having to set up all weather slots myself and then know what the weather will be like beforehand, it would be great if a "Random Dry" option could be added that will give any weather BUT rain. (Of course, a "Random Wet" could also be added for all you rain lovers out there.)

Here's hoping this is an easy change to make.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Imo it would be interesting if we could set weather to random within certain limits. In your case you'd check all dry options and the game would randomize within those options. In my case I'd check all options except storm/thunderstorm and anything with fog and the game would randomize within those options.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. KingJareth

KingJareth New Member

I'd love the ability to limit AI to a certain car class/classes in MP servers.

Also the ability to set a driver limit for the server and the game fills it to that size with AI but AI will get replaced by humans joining. e.g. I set it to 25 and no matter how many human players do or don't join there will be 25 cars in the grid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

Title: Option to remove static reflections in windscreen

Some cars have static reflections seen on the windscreen, like the BMW M1 Procar with its dashboard (see below). This looks alright on a screen, but is really bad and weird in VR. The reflection doesn't change when you move your head, and the distance to the reflected dashboard should be further away than the windscreen. It's super distracting and adds nothing but breaks the immersion.

Suggestion: Add a new option in the FX Visuals to remove those static reflections.

I believe those reflections are simple, almost transparent, textures laid on top of the windscreen, along with the dirt and smears from the whipper. So disabling those textures shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

Reflection 0.png
    Edit: The picture is at the very start of a time trial at the Nordschleife with the BMW M1 Procar. I found some more bad looking reflections and added them as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Replays:
    As the game engine does not allow to jump to a certain point in replays, it would be nice if we could fast-forward 20x or 30x (or even more).
    If you do a long race and want to see a certain scene of the end of the race, it now takes ages to get there in replay.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Marg

Marg Active Member

I would like to have log files from singleplayer sessions (at least race sessions), something easily readable in PC desktop, for now I'm saving screenshots.

10. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

It would be interesting if the competitors' choice of tires were displayed on the pre-race screen and on the ranking on the HUD. This could allow you to adjust your own strategy.
    Along the same lines, an idea of tire durability in number of laps could be given to the player before the race to help establish his strategy.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Johnb

Johnb New Member

I'd have fun being able to use the boost functions that a car may have even outside the designated areas, or in tracks that don't have them at all such as Nordschleife.

I also wonder how useful it'd be to have a visual/telemetry of the car's movement while breaking, to compensate for unrealistic breaking pedals or just not being there and feeling things.

12. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Title: Option to DRIVE back to garage

So far, I haven't found a way to just drive back to garage and stay there to make setup changes, or just wait while relaxing a bit. The only way to do that is to puase the game and click the "return to garage" option, which is super immersion breaking. It would be nice to be able to just drive back to get into boxes again.

Suggestion: add another step to the request pit stop. One click: pit stop, two clicks: back to garage, three clicks: cancel.
    It could also be a separate button if possible, or an option in the ICM

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

Has there been any updates as to when/if the copas Petrobas de marcas fwd's are going to make an appearance? One can dream.. :whistle::cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Graphics:
    Post race celebrations, fireworks, flares or podium celebration would be nice
    10pm fireworks at Daytona ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Knvite

Knvite New Member

Replay Cameras:
    The ability to use the „Helmet Cam“ when replaying a race. There is a “Cockpit Cam“, but it misses the cinematic and dynamic feel of the „Helmet Cam“ available during the races.

16. Marg

Marg Active Member

Also car camera looking back (from back of the car)...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Marg

Marg Active Member

At least some simple drivers gesture, one hand up (waving?), so something like this, showing his emotions after a win.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ombra79

Ombra79 New Member

SOME IMPROVEMENTS ;

1. in VR the possibility of turning off the monitor to save a few fps (on/off rendering monitor)

2. in the dedicated server the possibility of placing a Kick button for unsportsmanlike drivers

3. For broadcaster or race director improve system for live community ( many options for a decent camera)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Knvite

Knvite New Member

UI: Change in game name & nationality

Currently the player‘s in-game name is linked to the Steam name, however, being able to use a different name in AMS2 would increase the immersion, especially when doing offline races.

Same goes for changing the nationality.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

You can edit name in the profil

• Agree Agree x 4