Do something Reiza

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Lt.Dan_Taylor, Feb 2, 2024.

1. Lt.Dan_Taylor

Lt.Dan_Taylor New Member

Why is the online mode so bad and nobody does anything about it? first of all, hardly anyone is online, and if someone is online, it's a stupid child who should rather switch to destruction derby. Also, it lags so much that any fun in the game is lost...
    Reiza urgently needs to work on this. i think AMS2 is the most fun simulation, especially in vr - and i've tried almost all of them. but we're not living in the nineties anymore, where you only played against the ai. it's 2024 for ****'s sake.

• Dislike Dislike x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are new here, aren't you ? This horse has been beaten to death. There's several reasons the MP is what it is and another rant about it will not improve it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since he bought the game, as a user he is absolutely free to complain. MP is indeed the weakness of AMS2. Doesn't matter if it is beating a dead horse or not, imho Reiza has to endure such repetitive complaints.

He could have used better words, though.

• Agree Agree x 9
  4. Lt.Dan_Taylor

Lt.Dan_Taylor New Member

yes i'm actually new here. if the topic has been known for a long time, it's all the sadder that reiza doesn't act. and if i used the wrong words, i'm very sorry, that's what deepl gives me....

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are both wrong... the current focus is single player mode. Unless you have that dialed in perfectly (physics, etc..) there is no point to improve multiplayer experience yet. The studio is small, and cannot tackle all challenges all at once... They know the MP needs improvement and they will get to it, hopefully soon.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. 2FAST

2FAST New Member

The other popular SIM MP at this time, has constant server issues.
    This not a simple technology, including the code, and hardware required.
    Yes, AMS2 indicates MP exists, but I think we need to just let it grow in this category.

Remember, its not PAY TO PLAY.

MY OPINION.
    2FAST

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Lt.Dan_Taylor

Lt.Dan_Taylor New Member

Honestly guys, ams2 is now 4 years old. If it had been released recently, it would be a different situation. Reiza has really done a lot in that time, but unfortunately the MP is just bad. I don't have such problems with other sims. Neither on PC nor on PS5. Of course there are crashes or lag with gt7 or others, whether PC or console, but not to the same extent as with ams2. Maybe it's different for you, but with the amount of online players I doubt it. I think that's a shame because I actually prefer ams2, but since I prefer online it's difficult.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Are you completely stupid?
    Just because some issue does exist is not a proof that nothing has been done to solve the issue.
    Haha Im pretty glad Im not a dev creating a game and then has to read such non-sense:rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lt.Dan_Taylor

Lt.Dan_Taylor New Member

They don't do it for free, you know.
    Incidentally, I wonder who is actually the stupid one. After all, I am not defending an product that wont work proper for which I have paid the full price. When I buy a product, I also expect it to be fully functional. And as I already mentioned, there have been 4 years so far. Even if something has happened, it's still not enough.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Great community spirit here @BrunoB resorting to name calling is always going to help :rolleyes:

As for OP, MP is an ongoing piece of work as you can see by the MP tests happening often. But I guess it isn't a quick problem to solve if solvable at all.
    Could just be an inherited problem of the Madness engine.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I agree it needs some small intelligence to understand the difference between:
    Are you completely stupid?
    You are completely stupid?

The first sentence is a question.
    The second sentence is namecalling.

And in a forum like this we can waste a lot of time if we even confuse such basic things.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Welcome to the forum, there are lots of discussions on this topic on these pages, I'd suggest spending a bit of time getting up to speed with the latest developments, you may be pleasantly surprised by what you find. Maybe you won't but it will be interesting nonetheless.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you communicate with someone try to reply in a way you would like to be treated or answered yourself. Bet you wouldn't like to be called "completely stupid"? Especially if you're new somewhere? Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

The ignore feature is really useful, totally saying!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To answer your question, most of the issues with MP are legacy issues carried over from PC2's MP system. Reiza has made a few tweaks and new features (Auto Continue being one of the biggest ones in an attempt to fix the "stuck lobby" bug that plagued PC2 and AMS2), but the reason it hasn't been focused on is due to more pressing issues with the physics and overall game stability. Renato and Co. have stated that improving MP will be a focus of future development, but they're essentially having to fix 6-7 years worth of buggy code.

If you want to help with the process of MP testing, if you have issues, put the MP logs in the linked thread.

As for finding good MP servers/leagues, there's plenty of leagues that you can find for EU and Western Hemisphere time zones. Do some races, ask around, somebody can connect you with a good group of people. Outside of that, check the Community Events tab, discord groups will often post there.

In general, the MP system needs work, but you can have fun with it if you're patient and know where to look. This will never be an iRacing substitute (most likely), but there are plenty of us racing daily/weekly.

Side note: please, new and old community members, let's not resort to name-calling or throwing insults.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

wow i’ve been exclusively racing online in Ams2 for three years and thanks to the OP i now know i shouldn’t have been….. it’s so broken …. how did we manage it … must have been lucky i guess..

• Funny Funny x 7
  17. Lt.Dan_Taylor

Lt.Dan_Taylor New Member

Oh, that's you....

18. sgsfabiano

You bar for MP quality may not be high.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

On the contrary I expect….
    Large grids with the top ten racers often covered by a few tenths in qualifying, ultra close battles and side by side through chicanes and S-bends , a Liittle bit of rubbing is racing and pit strategy’s with some races short 30-40 sprints and others 90 -120 min endurance .

all it takes is good organisation and good people and good drivers .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. sgsfabiano

All it takes is love. If everybody loves intensely the desynced green lights will never happen again! lol

Jokes aside, it seems people are dualists: MP is either useless or great. You seem to be of the great MP camp, the OP seems to be of the useless MP camp. Both of you are wrong.

AMS2 MP is objectively worse than AMS1, and definitely is not on par with the other current sims. One of the biggest demonstration of the state of AMS2 MP is the fact the LFM crowd wanted the service to provide AMS2 scheduled races, but the people in charge dismissed it because of the implications of having a P2P game in that scenario, besides all the instability and known issues of the sim.

However AMS2 MP is also not useless. It works as an environment for uncommited online races just fine. What I've learnt through these past 4 years is that AMS2 is not and won't be the game to go for more serious/dedicated online experience. The risk of spending one whole week practicing and creating a setup just to get disconnected, or starting lights desynced, or pit crew not changing your tyres or not refueling your car, etc, etc, is far too big.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1