AIs running out of fuel

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JavierZumaeta, Feb 4, 2024.

1. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

There was a reddit post Reddit - Dive into anything
    that brings up something I've been experiencing a lot recently in the longer races. Indeed, a lot of AIs lately have been really over-ambitious in their fuel usage, and are running out of fuel on the last lap, so every race is ending with a FCY.

Is this happening with default AIs? As fixing AIs is so so difficult, a workaround could be disabling the safety car on the last lap. Something to keep an eye out as Reiza keeps perfecting AMS2. And honestly it's so close to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does this happen with all races? Or only with a certain class in particular? I've done a bunch of long races in F1 and I've never experienced this issue.

3. JavierZumaeta

myself I've experienced it with the non-formula cars - so the GT1s, Grp Cs, GTEs and GT3s. But mostly because most formula cars don't need to worry about fuel strategy. I haven't tried the indy cars recently.

4. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

Do you have mandatory pit stops?
    I've noticed that in few races the AI didn't perform the mantadory pitstop (usually when there is FCY mid-race), this results in their DNQ once timer reaches 0. They immediately stop on the racing line, resulting in a FCY.

5. JavierZumaeta

no mandatory pit stop

6. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same issue. Had 1.5hour race yesterday with LMDhs over LeMans... time x20, tyres and fuel x3. Half the AI did not make last lap of the race, they ran out of fuel.

• Agree Agree x 1