Single Race Settings Not Saving

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Theseus, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Theseus

Theseus New Member AMS2 Club Member

If you set up a single race for offline and select save are all settings supposed to be saved? My Session settings save (Weather/length/time/) and my track saves, but the car I select and the classes for the race don't save. My car used always reverts to a Stock Car and then it adds Stock Car to my multi class race when I only want LMDH/GT3. Any help would be appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Welcome to AMS2 - you will get accustomed to such issues after a while.
    Most of them has been in this socalled sim from day one.
    Conserning "the revert to stock car" then it does not happens 100% of the times.
    If you are lucky then sometimes the game does actually save the last car you used.
    But then a random number of sessions later the stock car are again launched.:rolleyes:

3. Theseus

OMG ffs.....lol. Is there a config file that I can edit myself?

4. BrunoB

You mean a config file to decide which default car the game switch back to?
    No.
    But check this out - eventhough it sounds crazy.
    A few years back I succeded in getting the game to save the current used car as the new default.
    But I dont know if it still works.
    But if you crash your car completely in a session and then without going in pit or save something but just ESC completely out (if I remember right) of the session. Then I succeded a few times to get the game to "remember" the new default car.
    Just check it out it doesnt take long;)

5. Theseus

OK so I tried setting a preset to LMDH+GT3 and now the car defaults to an LMDH and it at least has the car classes correct. So making some headway but its still not saving the grid settings/how many cars in each category. Its kinda crazy that you can't just save a single race settings and create multiple ones if you want. I know you can do Championships but yeah......oh well.

6. BrunoB

hehe it will probably not help your mood that there obviously are lots of other even more irritating issues/bugs that has to be solved.
    But at least its also obvious that Reiza are working pretty hard to solve all these fu*** ehh - issues.
    The main problem as I see it is that by buying the Madness game engine Reiza didnt know that beside its potiential there existed millions(slightly exaggered :D) issues to transfer this game to a sim.:whistle:

ByTheWay: A stable sim I mean;)

7. Christian Wendt

Christian Wendt New Member

I had that a few weeks ago and it went away after I bought all DLCs. I'm not saying not that this is the suggested solution but it seems something was reset after the DLCs were unlocked.

What made this bug even more irrirating was that in a multiclass race, because the game defaults to a V8 car, it also add V8 class to the race, so I had to remove them every single time.

P.S. I read that a new UI is coming so maybe this is going to be moot very soon.