Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Removed from file explorer and reinstalled all mods and multiclass racing works! :D Love these mods!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

The Mazda Rocket Bunny is crazy fun. Lives up to its name :p <3

Finally adding all the Thunder content on top of the PC2 Team stuff, so I'm set for content until 2025 most likely :) GG guys!

( I did have an unrelated question about Project Cars 1/2 modding - were they generally just cars that were in one game but not the other? Or was there another way to mod with those games? Just curious)

3. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

There are some mods made from scratch. For instance the IR18 is made from scratch, and it is available for pc2 (and ams2 of course).

• Like Like x 3
  4. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The vast majority of cars from PCMT are new to both PC1 and PC2. Some have been lifted from Shift2 (especially for PC1).

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. achus59

achus59 New Member

Hello
    I am still new to AMS2 and am trying out a few things. I have the same problem as you...
    Can you please tell me which file I have to delete at which point and how I then proceed - probably uninstall all mods and then install them again?

6. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Well there still seems to be some bugs because I can never get LMP2 work with anything else. However GT5 and GT3 i confirmed works at multiclass.

Just go in the root ams2 folder then look for mods > enabled. Then all in that folder just delete it manually and reinstall the mods. That helped me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

I can't get these skins to install.

Porsche 963 GTP - IMSA 2023 Private Entries

I did mess up the original install as I loaded these along with the Penske Porsche liveries instead of doing just the Penske file like the instructions said. But I went back and deleted this along with the Jota skin file, reran AMS2CM and it showed them deleted. Then put this file along with Jota back into Enabled but they still don't show up.

8. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great surprise on pcmt.....!!!!
    Thanks a lot @gvse !!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So, the PC2MT Mustang RTR is cool, but there's a weird quirk with the brake temps. If I use the handbrake, the rear brake temps skyrocket to 1200° then shoot down to 500° but will never fully go back to normal. Meanwhile, fully setting the traditional brake to fully front or fully rear doesn't do this, only the handbrake. Is this supposed to simulate a separate handbrake caliper or is this just a glitch?

10. gvse

I set the handbrake setting way too high. It's still manageable if you have an analog handbrake controller; don't apply the pressure all the way up. If you have a button assigned to the handbrake, then yes, it's a problem. I will fix it in an update.

• Like Like x 3
  11. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

A beautiful Mustang to jump on the highway!
    20240121233315_1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. gvse

I have now updated the Mustang RTR-X (sound, handbrake, other stuff).

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
  13. MJP10

MJP10 The Basin of Jatemans AMS2 Club Member

Naive question from me to those of you who know how to do this I'm sure, but asking anyway to see if any one has any insight/better knowledge they could share

I saw a question & answer (likely on the livery thread, cant remember) about using quickbms to extract reizas own liveries to as a base and it got me curious.

Are we able to extract dds texture files out of bffs using tools like quickbms, edit then repack and use the CM to import & replace the existing bffs in the Pakfiles folder? Not making extra cars or liveries just replacing existing ones in game.

I know we can already replace liveries the standard way but the two reasons I thought to look into this is because ;

1, Possiblity to change the colour of other car parts, i.e wheel/rim etc

2, possiblity to also change the tracks ad boards, so we have the potential to swap out advertisments to mirror what time period we are racing in. (inspired by those Fasters logos around the 90s tracks. compliments to reizas art dept there, those kind of small details go such a long way to immerse you in the feel of an era, and like the idea of being able to swap them out on some of the newer tracks to fill out a historic season)

I've lazily tried a few things with quickbms, changed some textures and repacked etc (used quickbms and some youtube tutorials) but have yet to see anything change in game. Likely because I dont really know what I'm doing and there is 75 more steps involved that I'm not even slightly aware of, but I'm wondering if it is even possible?

My thought was that if we are able to add extra cars, the likelyhood of replacing existing bffs might be possible

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  14. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

A certain group of modern prototypes has arrived! Download is over at Thunderflash's place.

Can't wait to give these a try around Le Mans. :D

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately...the Darth Vader car runs in the pit limiter....:rolleyes::whistle:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  16. XTRMNTR2K

Err... what? :confused: The who does what now?

17. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the rev limiter :D...sorry. The R18

18. XTRMNTR2K

Ah, I assume you are talking about the sound cutting off past a certain RPM? Yeah, I noticed that as well. Still, I am amazed how well the sound fits all things considered. Not quite as awesome as it used to be in PC2 (obviously, since we don't have any comparable engine in AMS2), but it works well enough as a substitute for now IMHO. Hopefully Reiza will make it possible for modders to use custom sounds for mod cars someday in the future.

EDIT: One other thing that currently irks me about the otherwise fantastic LMP1s is the way ERS works. Not only do you have to hold down the button (like in the Formula Reiza), but the energy deployment is brutal. No matter the gear or TC setting, you'll get heavy wheelspin. The overall amount of charge available as well as the recharge rate do seem fine, though.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  19. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what sound its using, is it the Nissan GT3 sound? You are right, it does fit well for the diesel sound... Also anybody had to drop the brake pressure ALOT to not lock brakes every turn in those LMP1? Specially the rear brakes seems to be very easy to lock in the already low 75% pressure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. XTRMNTR2K

No idea to be honest, but I'll do a comparison the next time I run AMS2. The transmission whine sounds really good and fits the LMP well, though it does overpower the engine more than I remember from the real R18. But of course the engine note was indeed quite different.

Yes, same here. Generally speaking, I noticed that many Thunderflash cars I recently tried also had the brake balance too far rearward if I remember correctly. The same is true for the LMPs, where something like ~62/38 seems to be well-balanced. Default is closer to 55/45 I think?

• Like Like x 2