Simagic wheelbase settings

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F1Aussie, Feb 22, 2024.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all, as of yesterday I have dropped fanatec and setup my new Simagic Alpha Ultimate and FX Pro wheel. I must say, the build quality is absolutely astonishing on the simagic gear.

On my DD1 I used to use Maurice's fanalab settings and they worked very well.

Simagics SimPro software looks very good too but it's AMS2 profile doesn't feel optimised to me.

Would anyone here with a simagic wheelbase like to share their FFB settings from SimPro and also your ingame settings?

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Look up Kuku

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

On RD

4. F1Aussie

Okay, thanks

5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a Fanatec DD2 (which the OLED screen died) and the F1 wheel rim (but it's too small at 270mm). Do you feel better any major FFB difference with the SimMagic base? I'm thinking of upgrading to the exact same setup you bought but a little reluctant since Fanatec usually works with every software (EA WRC, Forza, etc...). Thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
  6. F1Aussie

Probably a bit early to tell overall as I have only run it for about 3 hours tonight. I had to tweak a bit to get the ffb how I liked and that ended up including the custom rfuktor file. I have it pretty much how I like it now and am impressed by it. It feels like there is a bit more fidelity than the DD1, the simpro software is nice and simple to use and does some cool stuff, even though I used to love fanalab and Maurice's profiles. The wheelbase itself is significantly smaller than the DD1, almost looks tiny in comparison. Can feel a bit of warmth to it but not hot to touch, no fans like the fanatecs though.
    The FX-PRO is absolutely stunning and functions very well, it is 2cm wider than the fanatec formula rims and whilst it does not sound like much, in the hands it is noticeable.
    I decided I did not want to support fanatec and their basket case business practices anymore and I really love the look of the different simagic wheel rims, I find that even though fanatec has a large range of rims they are very samey. The buttons on the FX-PRO are very tactile and high quality, the rotarys have a nice solid click to them and the thumb encoders have a nice stiffness to them, this is the opposite of the fanatec ones. The LEDs make the wheel look stunning in the dark. The dash is a good resolution and has many dashes you can choose from.
    I am happy with the gear and my decision to swap out of fanatec and look forward to adding some further rims to my collection in the future.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for this amazing feedback. With my investment in Nvidia stock and yesterday's mega boost, I will join you in your hardware switch! :)
    By the way, is there a cable between the rim and the base or is it all wireless or pin driven?

• Like Like x 1
  8. F1Aussie

The rim is cable less, it comes with a cable just for updates or if automatching doesn't work.
    On the wheelbase there is what looks like a gold plated wifi symbol and it carries the power to the rim. The rim has 5 pins inside the quick release and they just touch the gold pad on the wheelbase, so unlike fanatec they don't need to slide into individual holes. I like this idea, was always worried about bending the fanatec ones. the Simagic ones are shorter too so don't look as fragile.
    My wheel automatched the base so they could talk to each other, it was seamless. The QR is rock solid, just as robust as the fanatec QR2. Also when you put rims on you put the gold wheelbase symbol facing left.
    The entire product just screams quality. The FX-PRO has a lot of really good reviews online, it really is a work of art. In fact I think it is the prettiest looking wheel in Sim racing. I will throw some photos up

9. F1Aussie

20240224_093742.jpg
    20240224_093759.jpg
    20240224_093816.jpg
    20240224_093903.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. F1Aussie

Even the photos don't do the wheel rim any justice, looks so much better in real life. I was able to setup the individual rev leds to match the Porsche 963, didn't take long. Another cool feature is that when the TC is engaged the yellow TC led around the encoder flashes and the flash seems to change depending on how much TC kicks in.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024