Car Selection Image

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Brown, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Dave Brown

Dave Brown New Member

How do I replace the car selection image, it appears to be a DDS file, I have tried using photoshop with a Showroom image that I took, but to no avail, any help will be much appreciated
    Thank You

2. fast_bear63

fast_bear63 New Member

Hello,
    It's very easy.
    Open the picture you want to use as preview with paint.net or any other software capable.Then resize it as indicated ( (2048 x 600 px ) and save as dds.

3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I think you are meaning the "preview"

This can be changed in the livery override xml...

<LIVERY_OVERRIDE LIVERY="53" NAME="Yardley Mclaren - M. Hailwood #33" BASELIVERY="Default">
    <PREVIEWIMAGE PATH="F1_1974\preview33.dds" />
    <TEXTURE NAME="BODY" PATH="F1_1974\body33.dds" />
    </LIVERY_OVERRIDE>

If you are using your own skin this is where you'd place it... If you are just wanting different looking previews for Reiza's skins then you'll have to manually add the skin into the texture name "body" path...

As said above the size needs to be 2048x1024 and saved in BC3 DXT5 format...

4. eKlasik

eKlasik New Member

Sorry to hijack, but does the preview file have a size limit? I'm struggling to get mine to display. Livery works fine and there's no errors in the XML as far as I can see.

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Scar isn’t active anymore so you should ask a livery maker like Just and KRRTDustin

6. eKlasik

eKlasik New Member

Thanks @Racinglegend1234 I've figured it out. The preview image must be 2048 x 600 as somebody stated above, sorry I missed it on my first read!