Reiza, any chance of adding slow AI in laps?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Andrew Curtis, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

For me the AI in AMS 2 is the best I've ever seen in sim racing but one feature missing is the way the AI drive on an in-lap, they drive quickly and stay on the normal racing line then duck into the pits at the last second. What they should do is drive slowly and stay OFF the racing line, making it easy for faster cars to pass.
    Is there any chance this will be added in future updates?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think AI is using different speeds if on in-lap or out-lap compared to timed lap.
    Right, they could stay away of racing line and don't block if they are going to pit.

3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, they have gotten better than before, but they still tend to not move out of the way on corners or don't slow down enough.

4. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

All I'll say, if it was easy, they would have done it already.

Slow in and out laps, where the AI give cars on a flying lap space sounds like a no-brainer immersion expanding nice to have, but I don't know of any sim that does it, and it's probably for a good reason.

5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The F1 games do it pretty well! Yes its not a proper "sim" but it doesn't change the fact that it does it and its very good at it. I dont think it being a sim or not makes any difference really, not saying its easy one way or the other, be it a sim or a simcade. Just that what makes it more difficult is probably the size of the dev team or the game engine.

6. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

I've never tired those games, but it's interesting to know that it is doable. How much work it takes is anyone's guess.
    It would be nice if someone from Reiza chimed in...