Thoughts on Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter Kasbergen, Feb 21, 2024.

1. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me (moza r16)
    graphic: great
    GTE: good
    P2: good
    HY: some bad, some very bad
    (If HY performs normally, it would also be good, but not yet.)

2. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

generally really happy offline and against AI (when they not in a murderous rampage, as they sometimes do, ramming up your butthole.. )

Online, nope. just nope. corner smashers and rammers worse than a room full of 10 years old in Forza.. i guess once they figure out how to not punish us for being stuck in junior league and loosing safety points for getting smashed into that will improve.

3. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me:
    Graphic: Great, except for night, too much blur and lights sometimes flicker too much
    GTE and LMP2: They're basically the same cars as in RF2
    HY: Great, the 499P is the best car I've ever driven in a simulator

4. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But... if it's broken. If it has the suspension geometry wrong and the FFB of the hypercar is wrong. It's impossible to drive it. And you're not the first person I've read saying that. There are people for everything haha

5. Inkta

Yeah, I've seen some people really hate the hypercars, and I think its because people's first experience with this cars is cold track, no rubber, cold tyres. Do that and the things are basically impossible to drive, but give them time and drive with care and once the tyres get up to temperature they're fantastic.

But yeah, there's people for everything..

6. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have tried LMU several times, but HY is almost unable to drive. So far, FPS has increased. Half of HY can be driven, but I feel that the quality is only 60% of normal.
    The other half of HY still couldn't drive, and when I entered the race track and stepped on the throttle pedal, there was no sound. The sound only appears a few seconds later when I upshift and drive. At the same time, this half of HY is not as capable of driving as that half of HY.
    I'm not sure if it's a game issue or a device issue. I think there are a few devices that are not a problem, and their experience has always been good. However, most devices have issues with HY and require game adaptation and optimization.:)

7. Inkta

I assume the no sound thing is the hybrid engine to go out of the pits until you hit 60kmh.
    I don't know, for myself I had a couple of races with the AI and some online, and the driving of the HY is the thing that keeps me returning every time. I assume the experience being early access and all will vary between players

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I don‘t drive the Hypercars as much as I drive the Oreca 07 LMP2, but I think if you get the tyres up to temperature & set the Hybridsystem right (never get to 100% charge, you will have massive breaking power on the front axle if you do, meaning you will spin under breaking!), they drive quite ok.
    The Oreca is really good and I enjoy this car the most, as in Rfactor2. I hope that they really create some ELMS content, so that we get the Ligier LMP3!

9. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

the hypercars are fun for me on 2nd or third lap once gthey get fully up to temp. really enjoying them. the lmps are outstanding, gte's are.. meh.

10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Just bought it for the fun and nice price. Will see if it is a stay on the pc or move to the shelf. :D

11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont drive much else beside formula cars.
    Does anyone consider it possible that there will ever be some formula cars in LMU.
    I mean it wasnt so many years ago the french F1 GP was driven on LeMans.:whistle:

12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It’s the official WEC game so I don’t think so. I also think your perception of time is a bit off

13. BrunoB

Oh yeah I should have thought about the WEC thing :p
    Conserning my time perception then time lines gets shorter and time goes faster when you gets older.
    Hehe so I could say that its others socalled time "perception" that is a bit off.:whistle:
    Because as with all socalled perceptions its a very subjective thing.
    But Ok now I can see that the last F1 race was back in 1967.
    And the last F3000 was back in 1990.
    So without twisting the words I admit its not exactly "not so many years ago":p

ByTheWay: But wasnt it 1Stein who said Everything is relative?:p

14. Inkta

to be fair, alonso drove the 2021 alpine on lemans.. so maybe there's a chance :whistle:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't count on openwheelers for LMU but maybe there could be historical content at some point: Group C, Porsche 917 etc. I think that would be pretty nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BrunoB

If I after my WEC ignorance :whistle: can be allowed an extra question - then how is the visual look on the LeMans track compared to the look inside AMS2.
    I mean in AMS2 I get a good feel of "realism" even on a 2D flat screen when I look around while driving.
    But is there much difference?

17. Inkta

Both tracks are great, there's more trackside objects in AMS2, for example that purple tent on the porsche curves, I cannot find that one in LMU. But the night illumination on LMU is superior, the panels on the side of the track get that blue light and the main straight has those reflective pieces that you can see in videos:

Also the night sky is considerably darker in LMU, for whatever reason Lemans in AMS2 has always had a very bright night sky.

I preffer AMS2 graphics wise mainly because I think it looks clearer, LMU has a somewhat blurry look to it, nothing major but it's there for me

• Like Like x 1
  18. BrunoB

Thanks for the video.
    Is there a link to a good video from daytime?

Hehe pretty annoying with the whistling sound from - ehh turbo (or regen)?

19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

20. Inkta

Yeah, electric deployment and regen. Sound is pretty spot on for the most part: