No spring sale?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Akak7, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Akak7

Akak7 New Member

Hi! I've been looking forward to the spring sale to purchase a few or all of the DLCs since I bought the base game about a month ago. However, I noticed there's no discount for them on the Steam page, even though the sale has already begun. Does anyone know if they will be discounted during this sales season?"

2. _Was

_Was Member

i was wondering the same

3. _Was

_Was Member

The Spring sale is up

• Like Like x 1
  4. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

So weird to me that brand new DLC is already at half price...

5. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Why? AMS2 is a constantly developing game.

Better to gain long term consumers by encouraging DLC sale (especially with LMU's release recently). They're the people who will hopefully continue to support the game and buy future DLC.

6. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Well, you'd think that Reiza also wants to make some money! :D They make nice stuff, but they're basically giving it away for free. I mean, why would you pay full price if you know it's gonna be 50% off two and a half months later. If it were up to me, during these Steam sales, I'd make the base game really cheap to draw people in and make the real money on the DLCs.
    But what do I know, I have no education in marketing.

7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it also works with making everything cheap so you get more buyers

8. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Think about it this way, the people who are buying the game/DLC during a sale are the ones who never would have bought it at full price regardless. I.e. either new buyers who aren't fully convinced or already established fans who are waiting for a discount.

Either way, you're not losing money as that customer base would have never paid full price anyway. Reiza already get their full price sales from the rest of the people who likely buy the new DLC as it comes out - cause, you know, new DLC and they wanna play it. Discounting the game just means you get those extra couple sales you otherwise wouldn't have got. So in fact, a sale really only brings profits.

Not to mention the very important aspect of customer retention. Probably the biggest and most important hurdle of any business is attracting new customers and keeping those customers. Sales means potentially attracting new fans who are then likely to buy your future DLC full price - and even if not, they're future discount buyers.

So basically sales are almost always a win-win scenario. :D

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone know if I can buy the All-Inclusive bundle again if I buy it once?