Ai gearbox failure bug

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Philip00, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi Reiza team!

Is it possible that when the ai has gearbox failure make them stop the car in order to retire from the race?

Its bad when they stuck in first gear and go slowly on the track makes some mess(especially in open wheel series). More over the lapped cars whom catch the ai with gearbox failure wont taamke back the lap so they stuck behind the car who has gearbox faluire (who lapped them earlier)

Is it possible to fix this?

Thank you so much in Advance

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We dont have gearbox failures in the sim, either for AI or player. Can you explain what you saw that gave you that impression (a video or replay even better)?

3. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi Renato,

Thank you for the reoply, pelase check the video:

Unfortunately in the video there is no sound but you cansee that the car is stuck in foirst gear and run in 160 km/h because he cannot upshift becasue he has gearbox faulire. It happens on lap 40 before he did not have any problem. Also you can check that the lapped cars catch him but stuck behind him becasue they were lapped so they will not overtake.

You can also check a race result where you can see couple of gearbox retirement:

[​IMG]

I think it is connected to enginelifetime line in engine file but the game generating different faulires in order to keep te realism.

Thank you for helping me

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  4. Renato Simioni

This looks like some error in the mod AI physics. Do you get this behavior with any original content?

5. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi Renato,

Yes it is happen in all content.

Please find the video and the picture below with Formula V12

[​IMG]

In Rfactor it was the conncetion of engine lifetime in engine file and attration line in GDB and those who get faulire in the race the game was generated faulire (Engine, Brakes, Suspension and Gearbox).

It is a cool feature however the AI car who suffer gearbox faulire contine the race with stucked gear and makes a mess despite stop the car and retire like with the other 3 faulire.

Is it possible somehow to fix this?

Thank you so much for your helping

6. Renato Simioni

Heh, I´d forgotten that random AI gearbox failure even existed :p I haven´t run accross this issue in original tracks though, this may related to Attrition value in that mod track GDB file?

7. Philip00

Philip00 Member

I think it is not depend on mod because attration value exist on original content too. Just to clearify i like this part of the game my only problem that the ai not stop the car with gearbox faluire

8. Renato Simioni

If you run into this issue with an original track with original cars please report, until then I can´t do much because I haven´t managed to reproduce it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm always impressed with your support! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi Renato,

I have reroduce it with original contents (f1 v12) (track interlagos 2015)

[​IMG]

All what i did is rewrite in the engine file below in order to generate more faulire:
    LifetimeAvg=7400
    LifetimeVar=3000

11. Renato Simioni

I´m not sure I follow you - you´re reporting failures that are not actually happening with the physics as they are? I understood you want us to change the behavior when AI cars have gearbox failures, but if they don´t have the failures there´s no behavior to correct :) Do you get failures without changing the physics?

Mind you I still want to give a go at gearbox wear (for both player & AI) before v1.5, though I´m not sure we´ll have enough time for it.

12. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Actually i did not cahnge the physic just a probability of ai mechanic faulire. The original value was 12000 and 1000. It can happen with those values too just maybe more rarely but the main problem is still exist.

That is why i ask is it possible to force the AI cars to stop with gearbox faulire?

13. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi All,

I was really amaized of these updates whic we got from you gyus automobilista is teh best aut simulator.

About this issue is there any possible fix? Maybe if lapped car faster then the one who lap reovartake or disable gearbox faulire?

Thanks for the answer in Advance

14. Roninho

Roninho New Member

Did anyone ever got a solution to this issue?

Its no fun when an AI has an issue and keeps running inlow gear for laps untill another ai crashes into him..