Why isn't Ribeirão Preto in AMS2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Lizardfolk, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk lizard people run the FIA

It's a track that seems to have been in Reiza's games before, and I love street tracks, so I found it a bit of a shame that Ribeirão Preto isn't a part of AMS2. Would there ever be plans to remaster that track in older Reiza games to AMS2? Could we get the newer layout for it as well? Brazilian Stock Cars has some pretty unique temporary circuits and I'd love to race all of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I completely agree with what you wrote. I personally find that AMS2 is not sufficiently provided with urban circuits to date. I hope Detroit makes an appearance (as part of IMSA) and fingers crossed for Surfers Paradise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because it's: 1) not in the current SCB calendar, 2) would require extensive modelling to be brought up to the AMS2 standard, and 3) is one of the worst race tracks ever created.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk lizard people run the FIA

The last time Salvador Street Circuit was on the SCB calendar was 2014,
    Seems we have 3 different layouts that span all the way into 2015.
    I know the Game Stock Car one is the 2010 layout but I'd be pretty happy with just the 2015 layout (although I'd like all three)
    Ribeirão Preto Street Circuit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]