Reiza and racecraft.online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, May 3, 2023.

1. PiccoloLost

PiccoloLost New Member

Hi Roszman,
    I really like RCO, great job! Unfortunately, we are very few racing here. I have a couple of suggestion which might help on this.
    1 - let's have races on popular tracks in the standard layout. Today we have a race in Ibarra reverse which I had never driven before.
    2 - let's stick to tracks of vanilla game. Today GT4 are in Watkins Glen but I don't have the DLC.
    Hope this can help.
    Ciao

• Like Like x 1
  2. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also find RCO a great enrichment for AMS2. I am in the AMS2 Baker program and never had to pay for the DLC, so I paid the money saved last month times in your donation box (50 euros). I hope the money arrived.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Hey, thx for your support.
    Thanks to all donations I was able to pay for website hosting and racing servers in May. Big kudos ;)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. omni

omni New Member

I was thinking that it will take about 150+ hours of backand developing, but maybe i was too optimistic.
    What about Reiza position, now i'm thinking that it doesnt so much matter. Look at the popular titles like ACC, they have own system but LFM is just better and all are using it.
    RCO is great service with all features working and besides popularity its even better than LFM, has more options and more sophisticated at the end. So with popularity it has all chances to success.
    I'm promoting RCO in comments under every AMS2 video, i'm watching. My interest is very clear - i want to have good multiplayer race in any time of day.
    I think your service has already passed the most difficult period, users have appeared and the popularity of your service will only grow exponentially.
    In fact, you could add rfactor2 (only free content) to your project and I think it would be cool to have two of the best physics simulators and could unite these small communities.
    In the future, when the user base grows, it would be possible to make statistics and ratings only for players with a paid account, which would allow monetizing the project.
    In any case, I think RCO will develop and certainly pay off, and your development will add weight to your profile.

"I think that AMS2 multiplayer servers are located all over the world, but don't know why I always have a green ping in multiplayer session too - imo it's a AMS2 bug or something."
    No it's not a bug, severs must be just somewhere in west Russia, Ukaraine or Belarus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't speak for RCO but I know there were discussions about RF2. The problem is, LFM already covers that, plus RF2 is about to release its own competition system v2, which might be good, or it might not, but its imminent. Lastly, RF2 is a pain to admin, as the LFM guys will testify, I think one of the main guys said it was 10 times as much work as the ACC ones. LFM has a lot more people than RCO.
    Having said that, the first AC series was just added, if that draws in more people, and then they play AMS2 as well, it could help. RCO is in a good place now, growing slowly but steadily. People just need to temper their expectations and realise its still very much work in progress and there is not a small army behind it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. roszman

It all depend on the developer, we all have different experiences and specializations. Looking back in time, I don't think I will be able to deliver what RCO already have in one month.

You know that and I know that, but for some reason Reiza is not aware of this :p

Thank you very much for spreading the word :) That was the main driver for me: To have free iRacing alternative with any sim I want.

rF2 dedicated server is a pain in the ass to automate in the way I need it for RCO. I think it's possible, but it will be time consuming and error prone. Not sure if it's worth it

I don't want to take money from end users, I would like to prove that such systems can be free. With enough active users it would be possible to maintain such system only with sponsorship money.

For sure there are servers in Russia, Ukraine or Belarus. What I know for sure is even when RCO spins server in Frankfurt and even when I am not the server host, my ping is all green, even when server host ping is red.

basically it's just one guy, with few on/off devs on front-end side

Thank you guys for kind words ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

should the fuel consumption actually always come up? I drove a stock Car 23 race today and ran out of gas in the last few minutes. Could still in the pits to refuel.

8. Pollinflas

Pollinflas New Member AMS2 Club Member

In the last 2 weeks I returned to Racecraft to do some casual racing and had very fun races. Now trying to get gold license to take part on weekly series, their grids are well populated. Thanks for the service!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  9. Mack518

Mack518 New Member

M

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ulotrix

ulotrix Member

I wish Reiza acknowledged the service. It fills the gap for AMS2 greatly. I played 70 hours of AMS2 in a month all thanks to RCO. Otherwise, I'd have migrated to iRacing. :whistle:

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. Mack518

Mack518 New Member

My guess is that they appreciate it but it likely serves zero benefit to them to open the floodgates in adopting a fairly large community and dealing with something that they themselves dont have as a top priority. Love them both btw.ill edit to say I have no idea where it sits on their priority list

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  12. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Been thinking about this for a little bit and wanted to share some ideas with @roszman, take it for what you will.

I think you should consider wiping the track practice requirement entirely. Especially with the state of the services now with relatively low numbers most times, it kind of makes starting off quite an uphill battle. From my experience let’s say I have 30 minutes to race. I jump in, I see a race with 3 RSVP’s and I post up a practice server so I can get my 3 lap clearance done. A few times in a row now the race server already posted by the time I was finished. And I wasn’t willing to wait for the next rotation not knowing if anyone was going to be there or not. I think for this time in its life with participation, it would be better to just let people in for pickup races immediately. Eventhough I understand your idea for safety clearance requirement.
    If you want to keep safety rating which you should, consider starting everyone off with a safety level where they are eligible to join all rookie races. And then take it away if they have too many incidents, which then makes them need to qualify and have successful races to be back into that tier.

Once the service is more populated and has more consistent strong turnouts, you can considering going back to the track certification method used now.
    Anyways. Just an idea to bring numbers up, figured I’d share.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

It's 3 laps o_O. You make it sound like they're making you do a full 30 minute race for this. Most CLC's will take ~10 minutes to complete.

You're not even supposed to drive at race pace, even the tool tips tell you to take it easy and not push too hard. 3 consecutive laps is literally the bare minimum requirements for racing on a track.

Daunting for new players? The Rookie has 3 series available, 2 of which almost always race on short tracks. Clearing all CLC's for a week for a Rookie will take slightly over 30 minutes. The higher the license, the more CLC's per week indeed - but you also keep your completed CLC's and, like you said, you can always do them while waiting for a race. (unless it's the Norschleife ofc, then yeah that's gonna be a slog).

In fact I'd say we need a per car per track system, since driving e.g. Imola in an F-Inter is gonna be a way different experience to driving LMDh on it. But I'll concede that would be too extreme.

So not sure exactly what your point is o_O For new players the CLC's shouldn't take long, you can do almost all of them while waiting for a race, you get gradually introduced to more CLC's over the course of your license (which I'd say is fair given the increasing responsibility with each rank), and you keep your completed CLC's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Theoloop

Agree to disagree then. I think the majority of the community is good enough for driving on MP, especially on a rookie level since ams2 is still pretty niche. Just from my experience a low barrier of entry does tons for getting people in. Just dropping my suggestion as RCO says they have over 7k+ people registered but the races don’t reflect anywhere near that. So clearly something is up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. roszman

if you know given track then Clean Lap Challenge should take you 10 minutes of your time, if you're RCO driver you know that you should clear the track at the beginning of the week, as I said it takes 10 minutes.
    If clearing the track is taking you more than 10 minutes then you should't race online on this track.

Previously CLC was required for every car and track combo, now it's per track only. Personally I would prefer to make CLC per car and track again.

• Like Like x 2
  16. roszman

Those 7k drivers registered over the course of the year, so it's not like they all came on 1 day and said "ehh, they want us to do CLC so it's no go for us"

so it's almost 600 new drivers per month and 150 per week. My splified view on that is:
    150 drivers registered in week 1, they played a little, they found out no one is there so they moved on after the week, then another 150 came and so on, and so on.

On top of that RCO had race server stability issues, we've lost a lot drivers due to that. It took me some time to figure out how to host stable races for 26 drivers and RCO can do that since 3 months only. So only 1200 (600x3) knows that RCO server are more/less stable and can host bigger grids.

Now comes CLC. 35% percent of our registered drivers coldn't or didn't want to finish CLC
    So le'ts say that 4500 drivers are able to keep car on track from which only 800 (1200x35%) drivers are aware that serves are stable and can host bigger grids.

800 is not much and imo it's not CLC is holding RCO back, in fact i think it makes racing there a fun experience, what holding RCO back is that most of our registered drivers don't know that RCO is quite stable platform now and that our grids are getting bigger and bigger since the beginning of current season (due to schedule changes).

We just need to spread the word imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. roszman

we were typing at the same time, my toughts exactly :p
    thx

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Theoloop

I was looking at it as more of a situation where you sit down, see what’s racing, and want to jump in immediately. Not sure how many go into RCO on Mondays and get their CLC laps in to prep for more RCO during the week. Seems like more of a casual thing than that to me, considering the current numbers as well. Anyways that’s all I had, food for thought. Good luck to you guys.

• Like Like x 1
  19. roszman

in last 7 days around 400 drivers did just that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm an average user on RCO and I really miss more people.OK.
    This year my attendance at the RCO sessions is higher than I used to and I have actually experienced great races, with great drivers. It was actually possible to notice more users on the servers.

Although I have experienced very few problems with the RCO servers, Im happy to know that @roszman is saying that he managed to improve the stability of the servers, perhaps this improvement in the volume of users is totally related to that.

About the 3 laps before race... That is completely fare to me... as soom as you anable that track once... you don't need to worry about that any more. It`s seems to me RCO copy the 3 stars of acc and that is very ok.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    • Like Like x 2