Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Karts have just one brake disc mounted on the driveshaft at the rear - see image.
    Only high powered Karts, like the shifter, have single brake discs at the tires (at all four)
    upload_2024-3-27_17-18-5.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Turtlewax

Turtlewax Not So New Member

Learned something new today! Thank you so much for the information!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Pot Hole

Pot Hole New Member

Track & Layout Used
    : Daytona Sports Car Course (Mar 28/24 about 1am EST)
    Car Used: LMDh Cadillac V-Series.R-Low Downforce
    Applicable Settings: Ranked Multiplayer multi-class race with AI's
    Report: Loaded into the Daytona session, it loaded a setup I was using earlier on another track. Selected/loaded my Daytona setup during qualifying, qualified fine, when race loaded it changed my setup back to the setup I was working on earlier in the day at Watkins Glen. I was stuck racing with a setup that was full rev limiter ALL the was down the back/front stretchs in 7th gear. This is how I know that AMS2 switched setups on me. SURPRISE! (the setup is not even listed on my Daytona setups)
    Steps to reproduce: Start with loading into the session with a setup that is NOT for Daytona. Switch to Daytona setup during Qual, then see what setup you get for the race. Ensure you can tell the difference between the setups. I have not tried to repeat this since it put me at a HUGE disadvantage, and made me feel like a fool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

2024 Stock Cars tyre choices are just "blank" when switching between them. 20240330150358_1.jpg
    F-Ultimate Gen 2 also has one type of tyre as "blank"
    20240330151905_1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Brake disc temperature drops to ambient temperature after a tire change
    Steps to reproduce: Perform a simple pitstop.

6. TomLehockySVK

Car Used:
    BMW 2002, both German Group A cars
    Cars like the BMW 2002 or both of the German Group A cars have these glitched shadows since the game came out.
    20240330181655_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

Ahh, the certified MADNESS® lined-shadow. I remember PCars 1 and 2 having those as well.

8. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

Interesting pit-crew while using the LMP2 Mod

upload_2024-3-30_19-8-20.jpeg

upload_2024-3-30_19-8-33.jpeg upload_2024-3-30_19-8-33.jpeg upload_2024-3-30_19-8-33.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Car Used: F Ultimate Gen 2

Applicable Settings: Low Car Detail

Need more love in LOD of rear tyres:

10. jjaanneekk

jjaanneekk New Member

Race/Session Settings: Current date is incorrect (not actually being updated/reloaded for the session on a given, subsequent date, "previous current date" is used in session).

I always use CURRENT DATE in race or practice sessions.

When i run the game on the (whichever) next day the correct "current date" is shown in the session summary on the left after choosing race or practice session in main menu, but in fact if i open up session settings the "previous" current date is shown and if i were to just start the session - it'd use that "previous" current date.

e.g.:
    let's assume the last time i manually set session date to CURRENT DATE was yesterday: 30/03/2024.
    When i ran the session yesterday it correctly used 30/03/2024.
    If i open up the game today (31/03/2024) and enter race/practice from main menu the session details on the left show 31/03/2024, but if i enter the session details it then shows 30/03/2024 and if i were to just start the session without making any changes it'd start with the 30/03/2024 date.

Changing it e.g. for the practice session on a given new date does not "fix" it for the race session and vice versa.

It's been an issue (at least - that's how long i've been using current date for sessions) for a few months.
    In practice that means that on each new day i run the game i need to toggle the session date settings for it to apply the correct current date.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Skulljerker

Skulljerker New Member

Version: 1.5.6.1
    Track and layout used: Nürburgring Südschleife
    Car used: FORMULA HITECH GEN1 M3

In time trail, if i reset to track the car is clipping into the asphalt and not driveable anymore.
    It does this every time.

12. TomLehockySVK

Version: 1.5.6.1
    Track and layout used: Adelaide (Modern)
    Car used: Any
    Report: Modern Adelaide circuit has shadows weirdly glitching out no matter if Shadow Details are Low / Medium / High / Ultra, any other track i played so far has them normal.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive with any car on Adelaide during mid-day and drive near any tree shadows.
    20240331170701_1.jpg

13. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Imola 01
    Car Used:
    Gt1
    Track limits need to be taken in at every chicane here and likely the rest of the track, chicanes can be cut well into the grass with no slow down or track cut warning given. Photo for example isn't event the worst example.

14. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Paulo84

Paulo84 New Member

Track & Layout Used: ANY
    Car Used: Formula USA 2023
    Report: Part 1 - the amount of fuel is always incorrect (too low) in a race, say you do a 8 lap race, and put in 10 laps worth to be sure (considering P2P may use more) then start of lap 2 you only have like 5 laps of fuel.
    Part 2 - side walls of tyres not loading in - so if you start with options (red) that’s fine but either in pitstop or returning to pit box in practice and try to change to primary (blacks) the sidewall is still red and vice versa.
    tyre changes appear to work fine but the side walls don’t change colour - changing to wets works fine though.

16. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

I've noticed a bug that if I create more than 2 custom championships and create a 3rd it will corrupt my previous 2 and won't do anything when I click start on those championships.

17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

ARC Camaro:
    Selection screen says that the car would have 6 gears, but it only has 5.

Unbenannt-1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 4
  18. Reversegrid

Reversegrid New Member AMS2 Club Member

Put crew/pit request stutter has returned for me:

Track & Layout Used
    : Jacarapagua Historic
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen2 Model2
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Clear
    Report: Stutter when pit request and crew ready. I am only showing pit detail for my driver and not ai as that normally fixed the issue but not in this instance. Occurred on lap 15 of 32 almost causing crash mid corner. I’ll test again in a shorter race, without UDP on and SimHub off but it seems to be a new bug for me in latest update.
    Steps to reproduce: My scenario in 1.5.6.1 -Driver pit crew detail only in Formula Classic G2 M2 vs ai, 115% at Jacarapagua. 25 Opponents, forced tire change during race.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. lozarcher

lozarcher New Member

Track & Layout Used: Various (Indianapolis, Le Mans + Bugatti, Adelaide, Azure, Catalunya and more)
    Car Used: Any
    Report: Crowd noise missing
    Steps to reproduce: Increase environment audio to 100, lower the other non-mandatory values to 0.

From the few circuits I've tested, Imola and Daytona have good crowd noise placement. Indianopolis, Le Mans, Adelaide, Azure, Catalunya and many more do not.

If off throttle or with the engine completely off at the side of the circuit, I'd expect to hear something from the crowd when near a grand stand or a hill side with lots of spectators.

I can't not notice there's no crowd noise at a lot of circuits now I'm listening out for it. Session is irrelevant. Practice vs Race, it doesn't matter.
    Yes, I'm aware when on throttle with a helmet on, I wouldn't hear the crowd any way but the fact there's no crowd noise at all at a lot of circuits seems like an oversight.

Demo:

20. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Automobilista 2 partners with Minecraft and presents the Creeper crew

Track & Layout Used
    : Monaco
    Car Used: Fiat Abarth 500 (mod from PC Modding Team, latest version)
    Applicable Settings: After installing mods
    Report: Mechanics are replaced with Minecraft creepers after installing mods. I'm using the latest version for both the AMS2 Content Manager and the mods themselves. Strangely enough, mechanics were alright while playing with the Formula E mod. I guess the latter uses the F-Ultimate modern crew, which is unaffected, while the Abarth mod uses the crew from the 90s or something like that. Now we have to figure out where is the problem: the content manager, the mod or the game.
    I'll try uninstalling the mods and verifying files integrity via Steam to see if it gets corrected.
    Steps to reproduce: I've installed the following mods uising the latest version of Content Manager: BMW 320 TE (Thunderflash), Formula E 2019 (Thunderflash), Fiat 500 Abarth (PCMT) and RUF CTR Yellowbird (PCMT).

upload_2024-4-7_2-56-43.png
    upload_2024-4-7_2-57-14.png
    upload_2024-4-7_2-57-32.png
    upload_2024-4-7_2-57-44.png
    They're cute actually :)

• Funny Funny x 1