(G920 + CSL Pedals) Pedals and steering give the same input

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by wild_in_hay, Apr 11, 2024.

1. wild_in_hay

wild_in_hay New Member

Hello. When i assign my steering controls it gives the inputs: X+ and X-, but when i assign the throttle pedal, it also gives X-. The brake works fine as it gives Y+. is there any setting that could help me? Ive tried setting the custom wheel setting, using seperate pedals setting, but nothing helps. Please help me, as I earlier played on controller so i cannot refund the game anymore.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, so when you map the throttle with that designation, then while calibrating your pedals ingame it doesn't pick up your throttle pedal input?

3. wild_in_hay

wild_in_hay New Member

it does, it works in every other game also, but just the issue that throttle and steering sends the same input

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

So to understand that correctly: when you move your steering wheel in the X- direction you get throttle pedal input in your pedal calibration?

5. wild_in_hay

wild_in_hay New Member

Yes, although probably the other way around. When i press throttle i get steering input, since I get X axis which is usually in most games steering

6. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Make sure your Logitech Device ID in Devices and Printers) matches the ID in the Windows Registry.
    HKEY_Current_User\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_xxxxxx should match the hardware ID for the Logitech device.
    Also: When assigning the steering axis, AMS2 generally won’t recognize it until the return to center phase. (Some players don’t realize that and just stop trying at the bump-stops). In some cases, users have had success by un-plugging other USB devices to focus only on the steering, then plug in and assign other controllers. There may be an issue where users who first use the “auto-detection” of controllers feature, where the steering assignment can be blocked.
    If the above items don't work, try deleting the AMS2 documents folder and start over from scratch.
    Also make sure the "Steam controller" options are disabled in the Steam properties section for AMS2.