Rating system is bugged

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MarcoMd, Apr 16, 2024.

1. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

Please Reiza correct ur rating system..
    ur servers go offline and u remove 53 points..
    happened tooo many times

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Every Tuesday Steam has a maintenance. Just avoid rated lobby's on Tuesday evening, around 22.00 - 02.00 CEST. Rest of the weeks it's 99% stable, the other 1% you're in the hands of our Lord Gaben.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

Hmm, it’s not good to lose 53 points every time the game encounters a problem. Server outages are not uncommon. There seem to be several "simple adjustments" that haven’t been addressed. For instance, it’s frustrating that when I set up a server, I have to repeat the process each time. Even if I enter a server and find no one online, I still need to reconfigure all the details. This has been a persistent issue for three years, and unfortunately, no improvements have been made. Sometimes, I avoid setting up a server altogether due to this reason.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Right now, why does your rating matter?
    Pretty much all the rated races are U100 lol
    Which is no rating system pretty much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

i'm not talking about my rating, i'm talking about a bug
    please let's concentrate about the topic: we have a bug, can be please fixed?
    i'll prefer that i could save the preferences of the server, instead of rating system

6. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

You are the one that talked about loosing 53 rating points.
    But you make my point exactly....the ratings do not matter at all right now.

There are many bugs and poor implementations of several things in this sim. The biggest one to me is the multiplayer system in total. Basic game issues are something else all together.

7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Look. -53 is a heavy amount. It's just because there's 1% of the racers who are in the range of 1600-2000. The other 99% are often lower than 1550. I even saw 900. So it's that if you have 1900 points, like me, and you're doing an open lobby with people around 1200-1400, which is the average then if on Tuesdays the server goes down, and I play on a ranked lobby.. I get as well the -53. Happened a couple of times. As well whenever I join a ranked lobby, a huge crash happens, or maybe I spin and finished 8 place it also will deduct a lot of points. It's just that some of us have insanely high rating, and should be racing with people with these ratings too, but real life is different.

So on Tuesdays avoid ranked lobby's. Rest of the days make sure you don't spin, crash, etc. Make sure you're in the top 5, so it's often a -5. Never rage quit because that's -35/-50 as well. Look you also can play it safe and only join ranked lobby's with 3 players and win all the time, but whats the fun of that? Also you can try a league and play with people of the same ranking, so if you manage to get a 8th place your points won't be deducted so fast.

Anyways, we all love AMS 2 and we are all different people, we all have a different ranking. AMS2 MP-player base is unfortunately too small to have 'tiers'. As a higher ranking you can only do you best, make sure to avoid F1 lobby's and lobby's larger than 15-20. Because both often lead to a crashfest or divebombinb. Avoid Tuesday ranked. That's it. Just have fun on MP and make sure you're doing your very best to keep that ranking high & encourage people not to leave and finish the race cause that will make them better racers and better racers make both of you happy and everyone happy too. We are all one family.

8. Julien Lemoine

Julien Lemoine Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem with multiplayer is the lack of communication and the technology used. P2P isn't made for the PC. Just like the management of results files, replays, etc... There is a real lack of development direction for this.

I've already had discussions with some of you, with no follow-up, even though things can already be put in place quickly and with very little development.

9. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

Wow, you know a lot of details about the rating. That’s why often when I win a race, I only gain 2-3 points, and if I come in second or third, I remain with the same points or even lose some. I wonder, how is it possible? There are no penalties—I haven’t touched anyone—and yet I lose points just because I didn’t finish first. One thing I really hate is when someone is slower, can’t overtake me, and deliberately pushes me off the track, resulting in the game deducting points from me. Yesterday, during the Spa race, I lost 53 points. The game crashed 20 seconds before the finish line. My lobby had 28 people, always in GT3. In Formula 1, no one ever shows up.
    ha forgot, if I remember correctly, 2 times of crash I also suffered a total reset of my rating and I had to reminisce from scratch ! I don't think I will remember about Tuesday but patience. pernso that however Rezia for example could add a line of code like: if in the same minute at least 40 users at the same time go offline, then don't take points away from anyone :)

10. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

apart from the kind of technology used, it would only take small touches to make many players happy, or at least me organizing very populous servers !
    1 the most important one: make me save my server profile and not have to reset a server every time, or if it is complicated when I enter a server it should not take the props from that server so that when I recreate my server the settings are not changed

2 it would be very nice to put a counter to see what the qualifications are at before entering so that people see and decide better (if I remember correctly in Ac with content manager it is like that)

3 maybe it would also be nice to have people enter the race even if they enter when qualifying is over, they will start in last position, but this way we could have more fun servers

question for everyone reading: the AMS2 community doesn't like F1 ? if i organize a F1 server no one comes, so i learned Gt3 to play with others

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

11. Julien Lemoine

Julien Lemoine Member AMS2 Club Member

It would also be cool not to have to go back to the lobby every time.

12. Bealdor

Bealdor Member

Because it's an ELO rating system, just like in chess. You're not supposed to constantly increase your rating. ELO compares players relative to each other.
    If you got an 1900 rating and win against a bunch of 1500 rated opponents, you won't gain many points because you winning that race is the expected outcome.
    On the other hand, if you don't win that race, you'll lose a significant amount of points which the 1500 player who's beating you will gain.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

My rating have been reset to u1500 over 10 times while playing PC2 and AMS2.
    I don't believe rating system in this engine anymore.

• Like Like x 1