DAMAGE IA VS PLAYER

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by IVAN CAMILO DAZA, Apr 19, 2024.

1. IVAN CAMILO DAZA

IVAN CAMILO DAZA New Member

I want to thank you for this game, I really enjoy it,

but I have noticed that when I play against the AI, the full or maximum damage, the damage suffered by the AI is not equal to the damage suffered by the player, I would like to know if in possible updates this aspect will be balanced which is very important for simulation

thank you so much

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think thats pretty unlikely to happen, if they had the same sensitivity almost no AI would finish or it would be a pit marathon. They barge against themselves too much, heck even with damage as it is, Monaco, Classic Hockeheim, Sudschleife and Historic Spa are mayhem with lots of AI retiring at some point due to crashes.

There are also issues with the collision detection on the open wheel cars, sometimes when they touch, depending on the angle they explode in a rather spectacular fashion. Try Monaco for some evidence :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cornflex

Cornflex New Member

Maybe the AI could also suffer from random failures. Engine damage or a blown tire, for example.

4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They do suffer from mechanical failures, just make sure you have them on sync to race, otherwise they won't scale to the length of the race and won't suffer them in short races. Also keep in mind that most modern cars are incredibly reliable, so you won't see many failures in those classes even with sync to race.

5. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There was a time a few years ago (mid-2021 id say) where the gap between the AI damage sensitivity and player damage sensitivity was much smaller, and for the F-V10 Gen 2 (can't speak on other cars with confidence) just about every race the two leaders and various other cars would pit after the first lap due to damage from contact. It was better when the cars spread out a bit, but you'd still have plenty of AI battles end in one or more cars heading down the pit lane, it was garenteed.