Time race slower speed than other players

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Tony Ford, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Tony Ford

Tony Ford New Member

I have ran some time races today. Vintage Touring Cars - Lotus 23 / Interlagos.

I'm a little bit perplexed because I'm slower on straight than the other player that I have added as ghost. The other player hasn't changed the setup. Normally I would expect that I have nearby the same speed on straight. But I'm significant slower than the other car and lose some car length on every straight.

I have checked my gamepad settings and set up the accerlator sensitivity to 100. Then I have calibrated the accerlator. But the result is the same.

If I would solve this issue then I think I could be minimum 1 seconds faster.

I'm the user mail2 and the other player with higher speed is kyto.

2. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

It's possible - but definitely can't say for sure - that it's a TT time from a previous physics version. Maybe the new tyres have increased rolling resistance for example leading to slower speeds.

3. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I believe he has just hidden his setup, there is some sort of exploit to prevent your setup from showing in Time Trial iirc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If your game is running at far below 60 fps, your car will be moving in slow motion so doing TT is impossible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tony Ford

Tony Ford New Member

This isn't the problem (120 fps) but thx for your anwer.

6. Tony Ford

Tony Ford New Member

This could make sense but shouldn't be because it would be unfair.

7. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think that when people do that it also prevents the replay from being uploaded - or if it is uploaded, then others cannot see it. For that reason I believe that players who use that exploit should have their times wiped - they may well be legitimate laps but without the replay it's impossible to judge.

The exception for that of course should be laps that are so long that they exceed the file size limit for the replay, not a lot the player can do about that.

Anyway chances are that if the time trial lap has a working replay but no setup listed then it was the default setup. At least in my experience, unless a certain now-banned former forum member was using a different exploit anyway.

(Edit: And by "replay" I mean "ghost" I guess)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  8. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

The replay and setup upload are different from each other, there are plenty of leaderboard entries with either no ghost or no setup but I didn't see any where there is neither.

There are many of times at the top of leaderboards with no setup showing that certainly have some setupwork done, that's for sure. And if a car is pulling away on the straights no apparent reason with no setup showing for, I'd guess the setup just didn't upload.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tony Ford

Tony Ford New Member

OK. I understand. Thx for your anwer. For a newbie like me, it's a bit confusing.
    Maybe it would be better to remove the setup icon in the list when it canĀ“t be ensure that it is correct.

10. Tony Ford

Tony Ford New Member

I did a lot of laps and found out that I can get more speed out of the corner.
    So it was primarily a driving issue and not a setup issue.