The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. _Was

_Was Member

In open wheelers, raindrops on the helmet camera are very few, which greatly reduces immersion. I hope that in the future, it can be improved and we can see something like this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Could we please receive a button in the strategy options to auto load pressures from current setup ?
    Cause having to screenshot the pressures from the setup screen and dialing them in accordingly is a pain in the bum, at least if you do adjust existing strategies :(

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

Apologies if some of this is fixed, but I have complex setup which makes changing sims hard. I am wondering if those things are planned, considered? :

* ability to turn off ghosting in offline race during formation, in pits and during SC phase
    * ability to have basic SC phase on major accident (like in old isiMotor games) with any series offline
    * formation/standing start procedure (F1 style start)
    * series accurate DRS rules for F1/DTM? Perhaps allowing users to define rules, as they change often
    * ability to have full size offline grids for 24hr events

Thanks!

4. FlashQld

FlashQld New Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again. A save game feature. I would happily sacrifice the real weather. Just so I can run a full race. I have limited time to run and I can't keep the game on pause as I use VR and this would kill the system. As much as I love this sim I am fast losing interest in it.

Also would be great if when the cars have been updated there could be an update number or a green star next to the model in the menu, so we know what is new or updated. Maybe blue for new.

Please though a save game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk lizard people run the FIA

Something that caught my eye while playing with the Group C cars. There's low downforce bodies of the Group C for Le Mans and Daytona, but, despite it being a fictional possibility, it would make sense for these cars to have low downforce body for the Fontana road course as well.

I get this wouldn't be a big priority, but if I wanted to host a few "big low downforce races" with the Group C with some friends, it'd be great to have Fontana as one of these options as well.

I'd imagine the fix here would just be to add Fontana amongst the list of Le Mans and Daytona of "automatically switch these cars to low downforce variants"

6. jjaanneekk

jjaanneekk New Member

There's the "current date" session setting ( albeit faulty in practice ;)
    Could we please also get a "current time" session setting ?
    (maybe rounded to the closest full hour to simplify things ?)

7. SaleenSpeedstar

SaleenSpeedstar New Member

Would like to be able to adjust yellow flag rules e.g weather or not lapped cars can unlap themselves.Also having red flags integrated including restarts.As well as a driveable formation lap for standing starts.

8. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Save game during a race would be awesome so that we can run really long endurance racers, I used to love being able to do this in the GTR2 days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fiyah

Fiyah Member

Possible to add a Ghost car setting to Test day ? It would be really nice to have your ghost (with on/off setting in Test day). :)

10. Christian Wendt

Christian Wendt New Member

Something that I really miss is saving between qualification and race. While saving mid race seems difficult, this can't be that hard right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

You can make a custom championship with just one race, once you've finished qualifying go to the race then you exit, next time you start the championship it will be the race session with the qualifying result from your previous session.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Christian Wendt

Christian Wendt New Member

Ok thanks

I didn't know that and it will be super helpful!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

My vote for that, a must have for endurance players

14. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Someday the karts drivers 3D body view distance can be fixed? I really don't know why this never be adressed.

If drivers body in Madness Engine have a fixed view distance for LOD show, can Reiza set a driver body in far LOD kart model itself? Karts now are really nice to drive, but this missing drivers body is really bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Can we get an assignable control to increase and decrease the turbo boost? The FUSA earlier gen cars had onboard adjustable boost and this is important to control fuel usage and to limit power as needed.

I know we have an onboard mixture option right now, but low, medium and full rich are too limiting. Even at medium the FUSA cars are not able to run at a competitive pace.

It will be nice if we can lower boost on twisty sections of a circuit and open it up for the straights like at long beach.

16. Mad Day Man

Mad Day Man Member AMS2 Club Member

I would really like to see progressive dirt build up on the windshields (LMU does this very cool) and more noises inside the car (which i think is very good made in ACC).
    Talking about effects on the windshield, i think spray from a car in front, should result in much more water on my windshield, so the wipers a really needed to be used.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TotallyTroll

TotallyTroll New Member

Would be great to get some kind of 'Track Days Addicts DLC'. With some popular track-driven street cars, from brands that you already have partnership with. And maybe Tourist layout for so beloved Nordschleife.
    And here is the field where you guys can start shining for real, in case of representing several popular tyre options. Like A052 / AR-1 / CR-S / Cup2R, etc.

18. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just use time trials instead and turn on your own ghost.

19. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn't there an option to turn this on in the Visual FX menu?

Attached Files:

20. Mad Day Man

Mad Day Man Member AMS2 Club Member

yes it is, but it could be much more dirt in my opinion, when you look what happens on the windshields in real life.

• Like Like x 2