VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

80 vFOV for the G2??? No way haha, i get 96. Crazy how much this measurement changes face to face.

2. Tuborg

Tuborg New Member

Yes, it is very individual which fov you get, but it is interesting to see the difference between the brands!

Reddit - Dive into anything

3. gmorris

gmorris New Member

In the past week or so my crystal has suddenly decided to lock itself to half frame rate even when the option is unchecked. I get 60hz in 120 mode and 45 hz in 90 mode. The only way I have found to get full rate in AMS2 is to start the game and then check 'lock to half frame rate' and apply and then uncheck and apply again which gives me the full 120hz. Anyone else getting this?

4. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

I wanted to share something with you guys. It's a guide on how to make sure your VR is set to high CPU priority permanently.

I've been having for about 2 months now a lot of stutters and black screens, and I think it's because of the VR headset losing CPU priority to other applications that may be running in the background. In my case I was even getting black screens that could last 2 or 3 seconds, and when it would come back, I'd be in the wall with a wrecked car. And if it's multiplayer (thankfully it never happened) but I might have taken some other people out with me.

So I was changing the CPU prio on the Task Manager details tab, but it wasn't sticking. It would go back to Normal every time the VR is launched. So setting the permanent setting should fix it.

5. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

Try Process Lasso ;)

6. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

I would only start to mess around with this stuff if turning off HAGS hasn’t worked. That seems to sort out various form of stutter in AMS2 for a lot of people and is pretty quick to turn off and on depending on the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

I’ve set a 90fps caps on all places I can but still a 1 frame stutter. When I use the OpenXR toolkit I have a frame adding problem. It goes from 90fps to 91fps. When I use just the Oculus Home, I see a 1 frame stutter, from 90fps to 89fps. It is very annoying. It is not constantly but often on the same location on a track. I really don’t know what to chance to keep this from happen.
    Even when I lower the setting it still occurs. Even when I set the max fps In oculus home to 75fps it happens, (Normally I run it with 90fps) But then from 75fps to 74fps. So it has nothing to do with a to high setting in one or all the applications I use.
    I even set the precise fps of my monitor in the xml files in the AMS2 documents folder. This because it can give latency problems. (What I have been told).
    If somebody have an idea what to alter to make this 1 fps dip go away…. :( Please post it here. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Weird man, sorry not sure what it is as I don't experience that at all. I wonder if that is the "AMDip" I've read so much about.

9. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

You mentioned a certain portion of a track right? Can you share where it occurs?

also does that happen in daytime or night?

i give you 2 examples of my own experience both hockenheim and Virginia raceway were giving me lower fps and sudden frame time drop on specific parts of the tracks usuall some slow corners

I had to reduce resolution to get back a locked 90fps

I would play with resolution and see where your stutter threshold sit

just a thought

10. Bull Shark

Yeah I read a lot about the frame drops with a 7800X3D. But as far as I see, they talk about high frame drops. I have constantly 1 fps drop.
    I see that there is a new driver version. Will try that one. Strange, the game runs silky smooth on 90fps. Besides the few 1fps drops here and there on a track.

it occurs on any track. Mostly around the same postion on a track. Not exactly the same spot. It looks like that those positions are more demanding for CPU and GPU.
    I will start with a clean installation. No mods etc. And see if this will remove the 1fps drop.

EDIT:
    Looks like I found the problem.
    Updated the drivers and set the Link Sharpening in teh ODT. From quality to normal.
    But I presume it was the update of the driver. I still see the 1 fps drop, or raise but it won't give a stutter. It is back to silky smooth.

Last edited: May 5, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

My tip is lowering the horizontal FOV in headset until you don't really loss any visible FOV and lower vertical FOV when you have the desired FPS and graphics quality you want.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Djangopass

Djangopass Formula Vintage cars

Hi, is it possible to play Ams2 in Steam VR using Quest 3?

13. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

14. Michael Roth

Michael Roth New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,
    is there a setting for VR where you can set the following. In the replays, the driver is rendered quite late. I see him pop up about 100 meters away.

15. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

I've never noticed this before. But I also rarely watch replays. But it could have something to do with the graphics settings for the track or car.

16. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

If you use the helmet view you will notice on modern helmets that you can set the vertical Fov down to 0.3 (even a little less) without noticing the edges. Sometimes I do that and set the resolution to NextGen level. It looks crazy, but the walk back always hurts.

17. PostBox981

PostBox981 Member

I experience something similar with the pit crew. When I enter the pits, I only see the wheels and the wheel guns. Then when I get closer, suddenly the pit crew pops up. Don´t know whether this is a VR thing only.

18. Bull Shark

Hey, are there any Quest 3 users here? What kind of 3rd party headstrap do you use? I don’t think I want the Bobovr s3 pro. Way too bulky. And to be honest, I do not need an extra battery pack. I almost only play via a link cable.
    Which one can you recommend besides a Bobovr?

19. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I love this head strap. I use the battery, but even if not using it, it's worth the money. The gear mechanism lets me move the facial interface off my face. The only thing about using the link cable with it, is the heavy cable needs to be plugged in 180 degrees from normal because the gear interferes with it. Either way, best strap for me. I see right now it has an $8 off coupon. Great deal.

Edit: another great feature is the way you can swing the front of the facial interface up. You could completely remove the facial interface and still have the front supported without touching your face. Overall excellent design.

Search Amazon U.S. for:

KKCOBVR Q3 PRO Comfort Battery Pack Head Strap 10000mh Compatible with Meta Quest 3

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Bull Shark

If it is a bit of a good design, then it is a nice one. Price wise it is a no brainer. €32,00

• Like Like x 1