I‘m (maybe) looking for new pedals!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggi_Stoppschild, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Hi all, I‘m using the Asetek Forte Pedals for about a year now and I don‘t feel very happy with them. In the meantime I found out (a couple of weeks after buying the pedals) that the break pedal is not a load cell pedal in the „classic“ way, as it‘s not measuring the real weight one puts on the pedal plate but the distance of the pedal travelled, and maybe this „breaks“ the pedals for me.
    So long story short:
    I maybe want to buy new load cell pedals for around 500€: Which pedals can you recommend?
    Only thing that is important to me is that I prefer a softer break pedal (thats why I use a third party elastomer in my Forte Pedals).
    Thanks in advance!

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe buy some Heusinkveld pedals. I’ve heard that they’re good, but I don’t know how much they go for

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Heusinkveld pedals 100%, great products and the BEST customer service ive ever had.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

And Niels is a great guy. He worked with Reiza before on AMS1, etc. If you buy HE you feel Niels next to you <3

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I went from the HE sprints which were good, to the SRP pneumatics and they are sublime, not cheap though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

Nice but now aren't we so far in the diminishing returns area? Going from HE to SRP can't be that much of a change surely. Even going from my old old CSR Elite pedals to the V3's and now HE Pro's isn't night and day.

7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

The Assetek pedals are certainly excellent pedals. But it is not suitable for everyone because they mainly work with the (path of the pedals). You have to get used to it and it's not suitable for everyone. Personally, I have the HE Sprints and am very happy with them. I now had the Conspit pedals for comparison and they were very poor compared to the HE Sprints

• Like Like x 1
  8. F1Aussie

You could do, but you could say the same about wheelbases as well. With the SRP the throttle pedal feels much better than the sprints and I can trail brake a lot better with the SRP's. And that is a common observation with those that use them. The brake itself has no elastomer so it feels a bit different too. It does not have a spongy feel to it like the elastomer brake pedals can do

9. 2ndLastJedi

I actually had this moving from an old Fanatec GT2 belt drive to the CSWv2 then to the CSL DD. I honestly didn't feel all that much change, I do believe if I went backwards from the DD to the v2 and older I would notice the change more but going up it wasn't massive, haha maybe I'm just a simpleton though, lol

10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

I have the same. I had a cheap wheelbase and bought the CSWv2. That was a huge leap upwards. Later I bought the CSL DD Pro. Felt great but not a huge leap up compared to the CSWv2. That said, I feels smoother and it is silent, which you can’t say of the CSWv2. :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. F1Aussie

I did a bigger jump, from T500 to DD1 and that was very noticeable, as I expected. I recently went from DD1 to simagic ultimate and I would say that it is more refined but not massively different

• Like Like x 1
  12. Siggi_Stoppschild

Thanks for your answer.
    So maybe I‘m just not made for the Forte Brake-Pedal. I would like to try the Invixta hydraulic brake, but the upgrade kit is so expensice and I don‘t want to waste money here.
    I had the Conspit Pedals on my list, what do you don‘t like about them?

13. Danielkart

There are some things I don't like about Conspit. The clutch pedal was good, but I found the brake pedal (hydraulic) and the accelerator pedal bad - I had much less feel than with the HE pedals. I think it is very individual and everyone has different preferences and ideas. For me personally, the HE Sprints are much better in comparison. But like I said, that's just my opinion;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Siggi_Stoppschild

Thank you! I asked my question here to get different opinions :)
    So I will add the Sprints to the Top of my list, maybe as a 2nd hand purchchase. I wish I could test them before buying!
    One question about the Sprints: How soft can you make the Braking Pedal?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mike from simracing604 recommends simforge, interesting price

16. Danielkart

Testing would be the ideal solution before buying something. But unfortunately this is not always possible. And good, reputable tests are rare on the Internet and often paid for by the manufacturers. I think the best reviews are made by the sim racers themselves

17. Siggi_Stoppschild

Has somebody tried the VNM Lite and/ or the Simgrade VX Pro Pedals?

18. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

I've tried many pedals from g27(classic!) to simucube active pedal(tooo expensive).
    VNM is also fine.
    TLCM usually malfunctioning on its accel sensor. By design, it is prone to wear and tear.

Worst was augaugury pedals. It is toooo long. It suitable to goofy's foot. And strange hammering vibration.

Best with cost, functionality, feeling is the fanatec v3 pedals.
    With enable all vibration effects in fanalab.(TC, ABS, suspensions..)
    That is lot of fun to me.
    If you have v3 pedals, try it!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Go Ali express and look for Simjack pro that’s knock off of the HE SPRINT

therre is a new maker that has taken the concept a bit further

you can spec them up with dampers as well as coil springs additional upgrade that would take you around the $300 mark

I have the Simjack pro myself and they are good once you set it up right and do some tuning with the brakes

• Like Like x 2
  20. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the Simjack's as well and for the price they're hard to beat. They do require a bit of tweaking though.

Also take a look at SIMSONN again on Ali. They appear to be an updated version of essentially the same design. Better elastomers and more importantly bearings at the hinges rather than brass bushings. Also they come in black.

Link to pedals.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1