I‘m (maybe) looking for new pedals!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggi_Stoppschild, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Completely agreed

• Like Like x 1
  2. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

How much money did you invest into the pedals after pruchasing same, for example for elastomer etc.?

I'm currently considering the Najam S120 Pedals:
    S120 Pedals - Najam Simtec

Edit: Wow, the 2 pedal Simsonn Set only costs 170€!

Last edited: May 18, 2024
  3. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I only spent money on replacing elastomers. So about €20-30. First set I bought was far too soft for me. The Simjack's when I purchased them didn't come with a selection of elastomers and I didn't like the feel of the brake at all. The spring allows for too much initial travel without any real resistance.

But with the Simsonn set you should be able to find a decent combination. Probably the 3 70 shore + 1 50 shore would be quite nice.

I also bought the two pedal set but, recently purchased the clutch, which I'm now waiting on. So in the end I probably ended up paying more.

Also I would get the dampers, they do give a nice feel to pedal return and on my set at least they are useful for taking up a small amount of play.

It's really tweaking more than modding that's necessary, you just have to get your head around the design and make adjustments.

Owh and in general it doesn't hurt to have some silicone grease or something for general upkeep.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Thanks for the insight into what to expect from these pedals! I will think about it and maybe I will order them soon.
    Is this the configuration you would consider?
    [​IMG]

5. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're very welcome. Yes, if I were looking for a two pedal set that's what I would get.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jox05

Jox05 New Member

I'd recommend checking out the Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals. They offer a genuine load cell experience and have adjustable pedal stiffness, so you can get that softer brake feel you prefer.

• Informative Informative x 1