Do you want snow?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Racinglegend1234, Jul 16, 2023.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I post this thread since I wonder what the forum’s opinion on snow is. I really want Reiza to add snow into AMS2, but some are against it. So I wonder what everyone else thinks.

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Given the cars and tracks that AMS2 has at this moment and upcoming in the Adrenaline Pack part 1, I would say no -- at least for now.

There was an ice lake racing track in AMS1, and for that as well as for proper rally stages: Then snow and ice weather makes sense. But as long as AMS2 doesn't have this kind of racing and is just focusing on road courses and rallycross, I would say that snow and ice is not that relevant.

In fact, I'd say that we don't really need Thunderstorm and Storm conditions either, as races would likely be red-flagged when that sort of weather happens. And instead we could have had more nuances of normal weather, e.g. adding "Overcast Drizzle" as somewhere in wetness between Light Rain and Rain. But I realize that Thunderstorm and Storm conditions are popular in order to showcase the weather system, so I suppose the same argument can be made for adding snow weather as well, even if that snow would melt as sleet (melted snow) on the track.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Racinglegend1234

True, but I would say it would be nice driving street cars in snow

4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

But it is not nice RL so why should it be nice in a Simulator?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Well I like driving in snow

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

PCars2 depicted rallycross on snow/ice tracks. I'm pretty sure there are real-life series that do that kind of racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I loved snow in PC2 with RX cars so, it's a great Yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I think given the current roster of cars and tracks snow would mean red flag situation for most of the combinations. And since all textures, physics would need redoing I would prefer they use their development resources elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. mansell

mansell Active Member

but we had snow in snetterton some months ago... :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to see snow only on tracks that get snow in RL

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Snow and ice for champions.
    that is absolutely fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mark III

Mark III New Member

I'd love snow in AMS2. I'm patiently waiting for it. For now I have PC2 installed JUST so I can race in the snow when I feel like it. If AMS2 gets snow then PC2 will be uninstalled. I hope Reiza adds it. Not because it is needed for racing but just because it is FUN! …and sometimes we need a little fun.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Yes we need more fun because there are not enough cars or tracks in the game. Even with mods you still need snow.

We also need much more mud and gravel. But none of these added weather effects and terrain mean anything unless we have Tractors, bulldozers, front end lifters, graders, dump trucks, and bob cats.

But more importantly, we will need snow plows, shovels, snowblowers, mittens, boots, winter suits, and heated seats/wheels.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Racinglegend1234

Not necessarily. I’ve driven karts in snow with IIRC wets and that was really fun

15. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

You do not have beamNG or snowrunner?

16. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

If it is going to have snow, then do snow things. I have sledders game and it is cool, but there is no F1's or drift cars in it...I wonder why?

17. Racinglegend1234

You also need to remember that AMS2 is a racing game so no snow ploughs and tractors. Road cars in the snow is also fun

18. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Then it should try to do better at the racing elements it has now. Besides the Brazilian stocker's, everything is missing so many elements. It's like a partial hot lap simulator mostly.

Don't even get me started on multi/lobbies. That is were 90% of their effort should be right now after so many years. If this is a racing game/sim, then you should be able to race well with it online or offline.

This game is really great and I wish it would not be such a broken experience when it comes to actual racing. I keep hanging in there hoping and coping!

19. Mark III

Mark III New Member

No, I don't. I started on PC2 and went on to AMS2. Whilst I love AMS2 I still miss the snow sometimes and have to go back to PC2 for my fix. With AMS2 graphics and physics getting better and better all the time though, it's getting harder to go back as each time it feels like more of a downgrade.

20. Mark III

Mark III New Member

I'm no sim racing expert but from what I have seen AMS2 seems to be really good for racing, both online and offline. I certainly don't have any problems with racing in it, either online or offline.

I see a lot of sim racers online complaining about how AMS2 doesn't have all the online public lobbies and rankings, etc. like iRacing has but those lobbies and rankings are still there, they are just not public like iRacing's are. You need to join a league to find them in AMS2, that's all.

Joining a league is a better way to go anyway, IMO. That way you can get involved with a community and have their support around to help you out, which is massively beneficial especially for beginners.

I just don't see how the racing is broken.

Just out of curiosity - how can a racing game where the actual racing is such a broken experience still be a really great game? Also, what is it that you're hoping for? What exactly do you see as being broken with the racing?

• Agree Agree x 1