Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Leandro Kemp

Leandro Kemp New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm using the Alegunner68 Hybrid File V1 file, however there is a specific bump on Yahuarcocha's T1 (a patch in the asphalt) that I can't notice with this file and any other Alegunner V1 or V3. With the standard + and Danielkart's V500 and V700 files I can also feel it. I would like to continue using the ALegunner68 file, as it was what was best for me (CSL DD 8nm), but it is missing this small detail to make it 100% for me. I've already compared some files to try to find which value I should change, but without success.
    I've already tried changing the effects, micro bumps, hard bumps, suspension, among others. Maybe it's a specific line that I don't know what it is.
    Any tips?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  2. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm using @Danielkart V800 now and it's just what I'm after. I had a fiddle with the file you mentioned and couldn't get that bump you're looking for.
    I think this is the wrong place to ask, perhaps you should be looking in the custom force feedback thread.

3. TotallyTroll

TotallyTroll New Member

This is by far the best solution for Simagic atm (IMHO of course)!

Yet it still lacks some effects, like:
    1) heavier wheel over braking
    2) no engine vibrations because of FX - 0
    3) not to clear understeer effect
    4) maybe some more small pops and bangs that are far from being important

The best and simple test if custom profile suits me:
    Eau Rouge at Spa. When you can feel the compression during the corner - FFB settings suits me.
    If the feeling stays flat same during all corner, like with so beloved by everyone Daniel's V*00 - it's not my choice.
    #No offence to Danielkart. He's doing epic job on creating something that people love so much.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  4. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm agree with you. With the correct amount of smoothness, is being very similar on what you can feel with Lemans Ultimate (GTE Cars). Compression/Loading and tear scrub during a cornrer, and lightness when braking. For me you are correct, the Danielkart's and other files are missing usefull information.

5. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

No problem, everyone should take what they like, whether basic or defaults or customs. The preferences and ideas are as diverse as they are with the different simulations. Well, the best thing about Ams2 is that you have these different options and if you don't like it, everyone can write their own personal file. What other simulation offers this? Practically none, they have to live with it in other Sims even though they aren't perfect either. That's why I love Ams2 because it gives me that opportunity:)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be great to have a more lively custom file to replicate those forces, I think we had a couple back in the day that came quite close but the updates changed things.

7. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The FFB settings described in page 1 are still valid with the latest version?

8. GTManSC2

GTManSC2 New Member

Good morning everyone, I'm new to the forum even though I've been reading you for a long time.For some time now I have made various attempts to refine the parameters of Reiza's excellent default and default+ ffb profiles.These profiles are wonderful for what concerns the information they transmit about the tires and the weight shift of the car, but whatever setting you set (not only on the game but also on the steering wheel) in the end on many cars you end up suffering a lot of pendulum effect or many oscillations which in the long run are too rubbery and exaggerated.Changing the settings only changes the cars that exhibit the problem.

I have also tested many of the latest custom ffb files (Nuscorpi, Karsten and the lasts from other users) but I find them flattened in the movement and overexposed on the effects side, meaning I lose something and gain others and vice versa.

I understand that I can't have a basic setting that works for 100% of cars, but the problem described above remains imprinted in the sensations and the more you play the more you notice it in both cases Reiza or Custom profiles.

Any suggestions??

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Which wheel base are you using ?

10. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a way to feel when you are braking hard? I mean there are no vibrations

11. GTManSC2

GTManSC2 New Member

SC2 Pro ... you're right sorry :(, I assumed you saw it in the signature ... ;)
    The steering wheel feels wonderful, the level of detail is impressive but it's a shame to have what I already described above not even attenuate even by lowering the values in the game as much as possible... I find the default the most coherent, the default+ is more informative but loses coherence on the movement of the "car" mass and is a little more confusing in the sensations, but both are beautiful, the problem on both profiles is that by raising the values (to obtain a complete sense offullness and completeness of the effects) leads to an excessive shift of the weights with a pendulum effect, what is an advantage in the case of a bump and/or a change of slope or direction with the habit of playing becomes a persistence anda struggle with this pendulum even when the change in slope and direction is not there.

Edit:
    If I use the custom ones instead I can partially resolve the pendulum and I can also find a new pleasant balance with the effects that I set as I think and according to my tastes by modifying the values in the file, but in these files various problems arise such as jolts or oscillations in the centerif you leave the steering wheel, a sense of weight of the wheels that never disappears (not even in flight, not even on the grass and not even if you slide badly, you have the slip effect but the weight is always there) and therefore the car loses thatwonderful consistency of weight management compared to the default profiles (obviously excluding the pendulum criticized by me)!!!

Last edited: May 9, 2024
  12. Ungrim

Ungrim New Member

I am very happy with my setting,I own a DD pro 8NM fanatec.
    In game : 100 gain; 7, 50 , 50 and 10 ( classic from reiza i think, excepte the 100 gain, I prefer tweak the gaine from my base, so 100 here).
    And from fanalab : SEN: auto
    FFB 75
    FFS Peak
    NDP 16
    NFR OFF
    NIN OFF
    INT 3
    FEI 100
    FOR 100
    SPR 100
    DPR 100

In game I set up most of the car FBB beetween 75-85 %, most of the time it's 80 %.
    I really like it like that, as soon as I did that, It's really change the game for me, I see now a lot of comons points beetwen the driving in automobilista 2 and the driving in Iracing.
    I drive mostly GT, but the littles formulas and proto I tried are really better for me like that ( use the set up for arround 20h till now so far).
    Don't know if it will help some people or not but just wanted to share it in case.
    Have fun :)

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

FYI SimuCube2 owners:

There's a new firmware release at Granite Devices release page with a test build featuring the new Reconstruction filter v2.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Danielkart

Wow, I just read it. "Torque reduction when steering angle is over 110 degrees" . That sounds fantastic if this becomes the base rules and will be a huge advantage, especially for Ams2. Cheers for Granit devices:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Actually, the new Recon-Filter v2 seems to enhance the very high frequency (super fine detail), improving the sense of grip to grip-loss and tire scrub (both laterally and longitudinally) from my testing. Of course, placebo is always a possible factor. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Danielkart

Yes, if it achieves the similar effect as the static force reduction, but coupled with the steering angle it should be exciting. I'll test it tomorrow or Saturday, I'm very excited. thanks for your information

17. Danielkart

I tested the beta version of the Reconstruction Filter V2 from Simucube.In my opinion, it's a big advantage.This V2 filter eliminates the grainy feeling.Yes, you can do that with V1 too, but unfortunately it has side effects.With this new filter, there will be no oscillation when increasing the speed and no rubbery feeling.The wheel will remain responsive and lively.It's great if it stays that way.
    To achieve the same effect as V1 due to the reduction in granularity, the filter in V2 needs to be about 5-6 higher. So with V1 with filter 2, V2 must be around 7-8
    On the other hand, there is absolutely no feeling of the steering axis reducing power above 110 degrees.Let's see what else comes.

Last edited: May 31, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Spie

Spie Member AMS2 Club Member

For Simagic users i think i've finally cracked getting some "realistic" settings that provide plenty of detail. Please note that i am using a Simagic Alpha Mini with the heavy 330mm round wheel, so if you have a lighter wheel i'd say you might need to tweak some settings (hopefully i will have a GT Neo to test in a month or so). This was all tested on the latest version of Simpro and the latest firmware 191.

In Game on Default FFB:
    Force = 57% (obviously you will want lower for the alpha)
    LFB = 5 (this is to remove the light centre feeling - a lighter rim may need less)
    FX = 55 (this is user preference)
    Damper = 40 (likely require higher for a lighter wheel, but just tune to remove any unwanted oscillation)

In Simpro (fw 191):
    Force = 100% Max 10nM
    Smoothness = 1 (anything up to 3 is ok, might need more with a lighter wheel)
    Wheel Rotation Speed = 3 (Anything from 0-10 is ok, but anymore and the software taints the FFB signal, its like a negative damper on the wheel return which feels wrong. Note if you are used to a higher setting this will feel super heavy and strange, but IMO feels more realistic and provides better nuanced details)
    Feedback Detail = 14 (user preference here, but higher is generally better, although it can be noisy and create too much heat at higher values. It will depend on how sturdy your rig is and rim weight)
    Mech Damper = 0 (not needed with in game damper and low WRS)
    Mech Friction = 5 (anywhere from 0-10 is ok)
    Mech Inertia = 0 (maybe required with a lighter rim?)
    Feedback Frequency = 0 or 1

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024
  19. Rintintin78

Rintintin78 Member

Hi, are they still valid for the latest version of Automobilista 2?

20. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

For most bases a setting of 50 for
    I have done a lot of testing with the default profiles and the majority of the custom ones.

I agree that none give me everything that I want without losing out on other things.
    I have over time come to the conclusion that the default+ profile is the best all round profile, with the FX slider being the most important.

Many of the recommended settings give 50 as the starting point, I personally have found a setting of 0-20 gives the best results for a more realistic and communicative feel. (The Default profile in terms of what you feel through a steering wheel is actually more realistic, but ultimately less satisfying to use)

I personally have settled on 10, but tweak it up or down depending on car. I have noticed the stock cars with the 1.6 tires benefit from slightly higher, not sure if that's a car or tire thing, although the F1 ultimate 1.6 can be run with the same FX settings.

I do feel that the default + profile has the potential to be excellent with a rebalance of the forces, or perhaps a separate dial for yaw and weight movement. (Unlikely to be added)

A lot of work has gone into custom profiles and all those involved should be commended for their efforts. If you sit on the subjective side of the fence when it comes to FFB, with some time it is certain that a custom file can be found/tweaked to cater for an individuals taste. I have and still do use custom files.