Load predefined races? Proposal to Reiza

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Luismuku, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

I'm sure that all players who enjoy AMS2 enjoy Livetrack and historical content too, but I find it a problem when I try to emulate a concrete race: I have to search for all the data.

The best solution I find to this is to allow players to select files on the race mode (and championship mode), which might have all the options required to emulate a historical race by the fastest way possible.

For example: If I want to emulate the 2005 San Marino F1 GP, this file would select the circuit, weather (livetrack), number and kind of cars, hour and day of the race, rules...etc.

I think this could be an amazing improve for the community and would help to enjoy even more offline races, having the possibility to upload these files to this forum, racedepartment or anywhere. What do you think guys?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe this can already be done using the xml files and editing directly. I always thought this would be implemented by Reiza as a mod feature for the community to use to provide such conditions for racing. In game integration would be nice for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can edit the drivers parameters on a track by track basis with the XMLfiles, but not the race scenario like laps, weather, etc.

I don't think this is something that Reiza would ever do, but at least the game does give you the option to choose the date, weather, time, etc so we can technically do it, we just have to do a whole lot of research.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

It may be possible now, but you have to export xml and all that kind of stuff. I don't think it would be much difficult for Reiza to make an integrated browser for these xml, and the improvement for the game would be awesome