Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. muzarati

muzarati Member

Stock Car Cruz 2024 appears to have reverted back to it's original physics?
    Compared with 2022 & 2023 versions no difference is noted.

2. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

Sorry but you get a dislike for a horribly distorted opinion

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pacchia

Pacchia Member

Track & Layout Used: Velocitta' quick version with Caipirinha esses
    Car Used: Gt4 McLaren
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: The "time difference" indicator on the hud (the green/red bar indicating how quicker or slower your current lap is compare to your best time) gives inconsistent values after a couple of laps. The first two laps are usually fine, then suddenly I am shown I am 5-10 seconds faster than my personal best and of course this is not reflected by the eventual time.
    Steps to reproduce: run a practice or qualifying session with the car/track indicated above

4. Pacchia

Pacchia Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: McLaren Gt4, others too
    Applicable Settings: automatic gearbox
    Report: I always use automatic gear shifts in single player.
    If I join a multiplayer session, sometimes I am unable to exit the boxes because it's automatically changed to manual shifting! If I go settings I see that it reads "manual" and if I try driving again...manual it goes! Like if showing the settings screen has been enough to solve the issue. If it happens in pratice, ok. Unfortunately, if this happens in race, it means I am stuck on the grid and everyone rams me from behind.
    Steps to reproduce: join multiplayer session with automatic gear shift

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

When I was doing a stock car 2024 championship race I pitted and after leaving the pits AI was in control of my car. I couldn't regain control. Is this a bug or do I need to change a setting?

6. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Sounds like you put the ai as a driver via the ICM

7. ramsus

ramsus New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: Any car from GT1 class
    Applicable Settings: Races only - test sessions work fine
    Report: Races don't load, BugSplat troubleshooter opens
    Steps to reproduce: Just start a race in GT1 class?

8. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Thats not a bug - You joined a server thats forces manual gears

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pacchia

Pacchia Member

No, because if I go to Settings and go back to driving it takes automatic shifting...

10. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

The same thing happened to me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Can you post a video with that? I never seen that bug before

12. Kenonan

Kenonan New Member

Track & Layout Used: Bathurst 2020
    Car Used: Any, but lets go with Porsche GT3 cup 4.0 liter
    Applicable Settings: Sunny weather day
    Report: Some barriers, like turn 3, have a weird 'veil' visible around them. It's like a translucent surface that is 1-2 feet from the surface of the track barrier. Other turns throughout the circuit have this, too.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the circuit on a sunny day, and pay attention to the track barriers as you take corners.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Same thing on the Nordschleife!

14. Drago

Drago New Member

Hi all. Not sure if I should post this here or in the troubleshooting section. I can’t get the game to launch. Sometimes it locks up in a black screen, sometimes it locks up while delivering “no input” from my pc to the monitor, and occasionally it will go black and then a few minutes later show the option to send a crash report.

Most of the time I have to force power off my PC, but occasionally it will crash and reboot the pc all by itself. I was able to enter the game the first time I ran it. Since then maybe it has loaded 1/100 attempts. Steam shows 2.8 hours in this game, 2.7 of which was spent troubleshooting and/or waiting on a black screen for the crash to resolve. The PC is completely unresponsive until it either crashes, reboots, or I force it off by holding the power button. Every other game I have runs fine.

I have a high end PC with the latest AMS2 update, latest Win10 updates, latest NVIDIA drivers, etc. Everything is updated. I can post those version numbers if it helps. CPU is an AMD7800X3D, 64gb ram, MSI 4090, 850W power supply.

I also have a Quest 3 and I use that in other games (successfully) with virtual desktop, airlink, and steam link. I have a simmagic alpha mini and some logitech pedals that are connected through a leo bodnar cable that make them a standalone device. Since the crashes, I have removed all Logitech software as it is not needed to run the pedals the way I have them setup (didn’t help). I verified the game files in steam, and I tried deleting the AMS2 folder in documents. A new folder gets generated on launch attempt but the game refuses to load. I try launching flat, I try launching in VR, I try with wheel and pedals unplugged, I did full removal of Quest Link software, I tried removing Virtual Desktop, etc. Nothing working.

I am happy to post logs/dumps/etc. But if anybody has any idea of how to get this going, I am all ears. Every other game I have loads fine. One weird thing I noticed is that if I try to launch this game in anything other than Oculus mode in VR, it just goes ahead and opens Oculus mode anyways. Just trying to lauch the game flat with no headset connected gives the same result - usually a hard full computer crash.

Maybe someone can tell me how to get the game to act as if it is a first launch with all initial settings wiped? Thank you for your time and please let me know which logs/dumps are a good to submit as well.

15. SteveO916

SteveO916 New Member

some UI bugs...
    Top of screen says "Track Wetness", really it should say "Track Condition"

in pitbox -> Quick Setup, the time remaining bar is over the Vehicle Setup title.
    AMS2.png

Gen2 GT3's all show as having Wets or Hards in selection screen. - in game they have Softs.
    AMS2-1.png

In advanced setup the tooltip for Traction control has a typo - prvent.
    AMS-3.png
    In the race setup screen the tooltip for the date says something about AI aggression.
    AMS-2.png

16. Drago

Drago New Member

Update for if anyone has a similar issue in the future: Although I did a manual GPU driver update, I forgot to select custom, then clean install. So far the game is working after that. Looking forward to spending time in AMS2!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm currently using the Fanatec McLaren GT3 V2 Wheel for racing. I can use most of my buttons, but for whatever reason I can't bind anything to that red "up / down switch" on the right side. the left one is working, while for the right one I get a error message, telling me something like "invalid input".

The button itself is fully functional as I can use it in rF2 just fine

Attached Files:

18. ercerro

ercerro New Member

Track & Layout Used: Jacarepagua 1988
    Car Used: Formula retro gen 3
    Applicable Settings: Historic weather on the day 13/03/1983, start at 14:00
    Report: Even though it's raining heavily, AI starts on slicks.
    Steps to reproduce: .

19. TheMagicJaaag

TheMagicJaaag Member

Track & Layout Used: Imola 1988
    Car Used: Williams FW13B
    Applicable Settings: F1 1990 and 1995 mods
    Report: After coming in to the pits for my planned tyre change I was delayed getting away from the pits as I was having "damage" repaired, even though I hadn't picked up any damage and had not asked for any damage to be repaired either.
    Steps to reproduce: Difficult, however I've timestamped the pitstop. Also earlier on in the stream when I chose my straetgy everything looked fine and there was no additional damage showing from any would-be damage repair.
    Skip to 1:24:51
    https://www.youtube.com/live/z1UPMhzi8Mo?si=lTzQtRbx2HNExWCS

Last edited: Jul 27, 2024
  20. pr07

pr07 Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any, even mods
    Applicable Settings: Acceleration on tyre wear
    Report: Only the tyre set that I start the race on wears at an accelerated rate. After I change tyres in a pitstop, the new set I just put on wears normally, without any acceleration. The AI however are not affected by this, so you go from being equally matched to the AI on the first stint of a race, to having tyres that last at least twice as long after the first pitstop. This is not due to me having less fuel in the car, since it also happens in races with refueling. This has happened in literally every single race with tyre wear acceleration I've ever done.
    Steps to reproduce: Do any race with any level of tyre wear acceleration, and observe the variation in tyre wear between different stints.