IMMERSION Modding Group mods

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by jusk, Nov 3, 2023.

1. pflynhi

pflynhi Member AMS2 Club Member

I love these skin packs/mods, bring so much to the F1 and Indy cars, so many thanks!
    So I take it the XML selector could see multiple seasons per class one day?

Hopefully the F-USA gen3 will get some love one day;) as the current set we have got broken when the Gil de Farren tribute got added.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rodus

Rodus New Member

Absolutely love your work guys and XML selector having both 1999 and 2000 in one skin pack is amazing news. As pflynhi said maybe one day we will have more seasons in one skin pack with the XML selector and if we also have the driver changes like in the 1993 or 1991 skinpack included in that one XML selector that would enable the game to be as moddable as GP4 which would be dream come true.
    Keep on pushing guys :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vuzz Voom

Vuzz Voom New Member

The possible possibility of using the XLM editor to add the 2000 season is excellent news for me because it is precisely a 2000 mod that I am currently using for V10 gen2.
    That would make 2 seasons available for a single Reiza category, it opens up a lot of perspectives for other categories so that we can cover more seasons, I love this XLM.

4. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Amazing work again Alain. Do you know if there will be an update to the pit crew and animations for version 1.6? And also if the team will let you override the pitcrew suits to match the drivers?

5. Chrisi74

Chrisi74 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think that from version 1.6 onwards (UI overhaul), as it looks so far, all previews will have to be redone because the old previews cannot be used. The new previews have a different size, which means that the current previews are displayed distorted.
    What I wanted to say is that the previews take up a lot of time.

And so I'm not going to make any more skins for the time being. I've made a lot of skins and now I'm making new previews for all of them.
    Let's see, the motivation isn't exactly great!
    Let's wait for the final UI version is still beta

• Like x 7
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can understand that, making the previews properly takes a lot of time and patience until fixed camera perspectives are available. A compromise might be to create those previews as image + text combination (or logo etc). This could serve as a placeholder. But yes.... real Reiza style previews are much better.

7. Marg

Marg Active Member

Interesting to see what are the looks of new UI...

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

IMG is currently working on a F1 1999 mod for F_V10 Gen 2. Not 100% done yet, but it already looks amazing to me. Here is a short video about this upcoming mod. Please pardon my poor driving. :whistle:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Excellent! Can you guys also apply ice-like physics to them, to recreate how hellish to drive they were? :p

10. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1999_promo_02.jpg

The release of the Formula 1 1999 Season mod for the Formula V10 Gen 2 class is very close. This full package will feature high-definition car liveries, in game Reiza-style previews, driver helmets, suits & gloves and an custom AI Drivers file with adjusted and finetuned driver skills. Furtermore the XML Selector will give you many different options and flexibility to customize your experience, allowing you to implement driver changes seamlessly throughout the season and more.

After many hours of dedicated and passionated work the IMG team is very close to finalise the last pieces of this mod package and we are thrilled to bring it out to you all very soon™.

While every IMG mod release has the aim to ensure authenticity and immersion in every detail we would like to give you a little inside view about the creation process with a very special piece of work beeing part of this upcoming mod package and beeing an good example of accurency and passion in all IMG work: The iconic BAR 1999 livery.

British_american_racing_logo_200.png
    IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1999_01_BAR_promo.jpg

Our team member @KRRTDustin dived deeply into recreating the BAR 1999 livery and mastered the Formula V10 Gen 2 livery painting template with excellence here.

Some could think painting a car body can not be to difficult, isn´t it „just“ putting some colors and logos on a template? Well, no, its not that easy. Livery templates are cutted apart pieces of a car body and mosty even to paint a straight line is not easy to accomplish because of this fact. Its more like puzzling as painting sometimes.

All the more impressive are the details and precission of this BAR 1999 livery recreation from scratch. We asked KRRTDustin to give you some more details about the creation process of this livery:

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1999_02_BAR_promo.jpg

„The BAR 1999 Livery - This is an underrated Livery. Many hate it but in the process of creating it, I learned to love it.

It took me over a month to create this one because it was so technical and difficult. At first I created the red livery, which was the hardest part of the livery next to the zipper. The difficult thing was to get everything as close as it can be. Every red, black or white line had to connect to the next part. The Blue Livery was relatively easy. The most difficult part was to figure out where exactly the stars needed to be put because the pre season livery had way more than the ones during the season. Also worth mentioning is that there are not as many pictures or high quality videos to find about the livery. Collectable Car models often had some misplacements so I had to avoid them as reference.
    After the Red and Blue Liveries were done, the last step was to combine them both for the zipper livery. Every single zipper part had to be placed manually. And it had to fit on the other side of the car aswell. This was increasingly difficult to the rear of the car.

In the end, I think this is my best Livery yet. It took me over a month to finish it and the result is worth it. AMS2 will be the first Simulation to have all 3 variants of these Liveries raceable."

KRRTDustin / IMMERSION Modding Group

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1999_03_BAR_promo.jpg

• Winner Winner x 32
    • Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
  11. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Excellent work on this BAR livery. I know how hard it sometimes can be to match pieces in a template. Really looking forward to the whole package, you guys never disappoint.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My god what a high level of fidelity! I really hope the new car shaders that reiza announced for v. 1.6 won't break the impeccable color recreation of these liveries...

13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I believe most of the guys are beta testers so probably not

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I loved the BAR livery although the FIA rule is / was bad that all cars must have the same look. The idea with 2 different main sponsors 555 and LuckyStrike (even both are BAT: British-American-Tobacco) was great and a way like it was done in IndyCar, Cart, IRL.
    When the car was spinning it was always funny to see one time red-white Lucky Strike and then blue 555, back red-white, blue, red-white, blue, red-white, blue... :D
    Best of the whole livery: the zipper:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  15. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Unzipping......99%

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would you like to have an option to switch from the classic zipped livery to the full 555 and Lucky skins ?
    :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2024-9-12_20-57-8.jpeg
    :D
    unzipped LUCKIES 555

Last edited: Sep 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Mking

Mking New Member

now we have the beautiful skins. The only thing missing is the 3D models. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. TheMagicJaaag

TheMagicJaaag Member

I always wondered back in the day why BAR didn't do something like what Larousse did in 1994 with the alternating Green Tourtel and the Red/White Kronenbourg liveries. Tobacco sponsor pressures presumably.

20. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just my opinion, nobody asked.
    Lucky Strike name has a better appeal (to me) than 555.
    555 livery is so much beautifull.

BTW very good work as usual !!!