[HELP] How to imitate Reiza's TGA images? (Profile image of car)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Óscar Melero, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

I'm trying to imitate the looks of the typical image of the car in profile, but I don't know how to render a skin. Once I know how to render it and screenshoting it in profile I need no more help as I know how to put it in GIMP to create the tga.

I just want to know how to get a profile image of the car itself, like Reiza does.

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I simply use the showroom. First you need to be able to zoom out in the showroom, so open your plr file with Notepad and look for the line:
    Miscellaneous="0"
    and change it to:
    Miscellaneous="1"
    Then you can zoom in and out in the showroom with the mouse: click and drag, up and down.

Then it is a matter of turning the car until you see its side, and zoom out as much as you can (make it small). With a smaller car there is less distortion, especially with the reflection. Sometimes I had to edit my screenshot and move the reflection up, a bit closer to the car.

Then you need to create an alpha layer so that the background is transparent for your Tga.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Óscar Melero

Thank you, but do you know how to remove the white circle down the cars when are shown in showroom? That would be helpful. And how do I remove the black background afterwards?

4. alexSchmurtz

No need to remove it in that case: it is really thin so it is not visible when you have set the proper side view. You need to move up and down until it disappear. That works better when you zoom out and make the car really small.
    You need to make an alpha channel: the car is white (fully visible), the background is black (transparent). Not sure how you do that with Gimp, I never used it myself. You can always open one of the original Tga from Reiza to see how it's done!

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Óscar Melero

I don't know what do you mean with "car is white". I'm at this point right now: I have screenshoted the car and I have a picture with the car and black background. What is the cleanest way to remove it to only pick the car and put it into a transparent background?

6. alexSchmurtz

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Óscar Melero

It is useful, but it doesn't tell things I didn't know. The problem is when I screenshot a car that has colors near to black (or purely black), so even the color selection fails...

No secret tricks to get a clean TGA Reiza's style?

8. alexSchmurtz

The only alternative I see is to make 2 screenshots in a row: one of a black car, then one of a light car. The view does not change if you switch from one car to the other. Then use the light car to make your alpha channel.
    If it doesn't work, then you need to draw the shape of the car: no automatic tool can select a black car on a black background, or at least I don't know any trick there… It is more time consuming but that is the only way to get a clean result.

• Like Like x 1
  9. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Pavel Koshkin

Better to use PS, its more easier to do tga files. I made short video few month ago.

You can change ams/uidata/BK_General.bmp (make a copy of that file to replace it later) to solid white.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Óscar Melero

Thank you so much. One more question please. Do you know how to also remove the white circle down the car in the showroom? That would make the job so much easier.