Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Did I say anything about YOU making promises? I know that you don't work for Reiza, if you did you wouldn't be talking to me.

2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

For many of us here, the long-term nature of AMS2 development has served as an unexpected and unlikely source of insight; for one, I have learned that the ability to cope with the absence of expected rewards is essential for maintaining motivation and developing resilience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The wet skill value isn't disabled and works as described in the first post of this thread.

Andrew, would you please share your custom xml file as Im interested in checking if I can reproduce and find the issue you mentioned?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's great to know, is it active in the beta as well?

5. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

yes

• Like Like x 1
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

7. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@gian

Is this already possible in the current beta and what would be the correct usage?

• Like Like x 2
  8. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

There was a time when it was disabled, I gave up racing the AI in changeable conditions because of this. Great news, I can see myself falling down a rabbit hole again...

9. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

Where did you find this quote?

It would make things very interesting if each AI personality had subtle differences not only in these parameters, but that they also varied corner to corner, track to track. As a repeating pattern, good at some corners poor at one or two. And IF that could work, a small variance again between each lap linked to stamina it would build a less robotic, more realistic and believable AI.

A lot of work I know, just a thought worth sharing!

10. Shanakar

Shanakar New Member

I got a question about the AI file. I run F1 skin packs on the Formula Classic and other Formula type cars. The biggest problem I am facing is trying to make it so that I have an AI field that is random. Random is not quite the right word but let me explain.

Right now if I set every driver to the exact same stats, the game still makes the same driver/team combinations fastest on all tracks regardless. There very little to no changes from one track to another. It's as if the game decide no, you can't have everyone with the same stats and get a different team/driver at the top.

My aim is to have each race be a surprise, not knowing which driver will be at the top, which driver will be at the bottom etc. Is there a way to make it so that each race, the field could be completely different in performance without having to change the file constantly? For it to be randomized? If I do two races on the same track it won't be predictable? that's the aim. Any help would be appreciated.

11. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The best you could do is have every driver at 1.0 race and qualy skill with consistency at 0.01. Do keep in mind however that in classes with different car models, that might not work as some models are inherently faster than others, for example in the HitechG1 the "Williams" is much faster than the other cars so if you have all skills equal, they will always be the fastest. Same with the GT Classics, the Corvette is much faster than the Porsche, in those cases you would need to lower the race and qualy skill of those drivers considerably.

12. Shanakar

Shanakar New Member

Thanks for the response. Actually you made something clear to me that for some reason I didn't pick up before. The consistency is no doubt the issue. I am using the Formula Classic Gen 2 models as I'm using the F1 1988 Skin pack which uses the four available cars in the Formula Classic Gen 2. I'll try what you said, thank you so much!

13. Andrew Curtis

I didn't notice your reply till today. I'm going to do some AI testing this evening, using the LMDh and GT3 cars. I'll report my findings here tonight.

14. Andrew Curtis

After doing some tests, the LMDh and GT3 cars are about 1 second slower with the wet skill set at 1 as opposed to 99, this could be a very useful feature but making the AI cars 1 second slower in the wet isn't enough to make up for the AI being too fast in the rain. We still need the 1.6 update to fix this issue, then the wet skill setting can really come into its own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Racer63

Racer63 Member

Hi, just a question about custom groups of cars. Is it possible to make custom classes, not just custom AI drivers?
    For example a race with let's say 3 F1 cars vs 20 GT cars? How about 3 F1 74 vs 2 F1 80's?

16. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah you can do that. It's in the settings for opponents. You have to change it to manual grid then select the number of each class of car you want to be on the grid.

17. Buzzhornet

Buzzhornet New Member

Hi I am going to do a custom 1986 f1 season file. My question is rather than use the default file for every race, is it possible to update the file after every race with new values. For example I want the Benetton b186 in Austria and Italy to be the fastest - assume when I make the changes it is applied immediately? So in theory it means you could implement race specific talent files? Hopefully that made sense :)

18. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is totally do able with track specific

• Like Like x 1
  19. Buzzhornet

Buzzhornet New Member

Thanks Alain in the manner I mentioned? just override one file with another?

20. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nah you can do it within the same file

• Agree Agree x 1