General Chit-Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrimsonEminence, Sep 12, 2024.

1. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Rfactor2 and LMU are good simulations, but buying this engine is something I would stay away from.
    The foundations are very old & it will take a while to learn & understand the engine and than you have to move on with it, meaning developing version 3.0 (or whatever version would be the next one). Only after this, you can continue to develop a new game.
    This doesn‘t sound like a real bargain to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I've never been into flying sims but I think it is a great idea to flight over circuits, to learn their location and the nearby area, as an immersion booster.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a couple of video's people taxiing on Nordschleife, for example :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. John Istead

John Istead New Member

Goodbye!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

wow! your post is like the first ten minutes of a Jean Claude Van Dame's movie from the 90's. in nova scotia you'll probably find a new taekwondo master that shows you new tecniques to win the championship and get revenge on the guy who bullies you in the new city and then become friends and learn together from the master.

I think I've had a few too many beers:oops:

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In this time of human history we are spoiled by the fact that we can have a lot of things and quickly. We are not accustomed anymore to waiting.
    Imagine the pope Julius II waiting years before he could see the Sistine Chapel roof painted by Michelangelo... Worth the wait right?
    And it started with the Pope commissioning the painting of the 12 apostles, but along the way it became a much bigger project. Sounds familiar?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Back in 2009 I was in college. One of my classes was "History of Art". In the first few weeks it was very exciting, lots of new terms, perspectives, names, etc. But after some time it became quite tedious. The class was visibly tired of the same stuff all the time. "Ionic columns, flying buttress, arches, rose windows, etc".
    We were just having some Renaissance lecture when our Professor suddenly stopped and remained in silence for like 20 seconds. Then he said, in a loud voice: "Yeah, I know you guys are all tired of this. I know. So let's change the subject for a while and talk about the interesting stuff. Let me show you some cocks, alright". And we were all like "what the f*** he just said?". Then he showed us a bunch of pictures of the Sistine Chapel and told how Michelangelo painted it. And he also told us about how anxious the Pope was to see Mike's work, but when he finally got to see it he almost fainted because the holy temple of God was covered with cocks and buttocks everywhere he looked.

Moral of the story: don't go drawing cocks just anywhere, especially in holy temples. But if you do, make sure to draw them so beautifully that people will be ashamed to erase them.

upload_2024-10-13_22-45-10.png

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, it could be worse, imagine people in the future being in a "History of sim racing" class and they have to go over the Automobilista 2 V1.6 development threads.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. harizrushdi

harizrushdi Wiki Helper

Today I learned that Scope Creep has existed since the Renaissance era

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope for the sake of the students they don't...

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I think the worst would be them actually reading anything the fans of any game have to say

12. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I’ve already looked to see if there is a Dojang to train and I imagine it’s different to how we do things in the UK. I must add I wasn’t taking part this time but there to support and guide students that was. My biggest concern is getting all my sim gear over there :)

13. Harry_Harras

Harry_Harras New Member

I would say some ancient civs were much more on the forefront of this - The Romans were probably King on this matter, but also much later than ancient mesopotamia or egypt or later some greek polis like Athens. Maybe some ancient ruler of parts of China, India or south-east Asia should also be in the mix there :whistle:

Modern societies are way more ordered and follow more function than form although there some exceptional examples of "scope creep" too ...

14. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

While i would agree, it would be quite heavy handed by them i feel.
    I mean it sounds harsh but it's on them that there is nothing new to talk or discuss since the latest update on the update is already kinda old again by now anyway and it seems that they didnt give permission for previews to respected creators like Nils Naujoks yet either, to bridge the silence and have something to discuss or talk about.

And while i'd love to get my hands on 1.6 and i envy anyone who has the privilege to play it early, provide feedback etc. i am not happy about being blue-balled for like over 6 months by now.

My brother already told me to not expect it before november or december but the way reiza communicated it seemed much closer than what he anticipated half jokingly, which is why i neglected his assumptions, if i look at it now however, it doesnt seem this far fetched anymore that he was right from the beginning.

I want to point out that all my critique comes from heart and passion for the "game" which is by far my most played Sim to date and i do nothing but appreciate the work Reiza does with the development itself, it's just the other stuff that tends to get to me from time to time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No one is playing it "early"... it's a beta, there are things that don't work well and beta testers are there to notice things and give feedback. I'm not saying you have this mentality, but I see far too many people with the idea that some privileged people are playing a fully fletched, ready to release version of the game just because of "privilege", that is not the case, if the beta was fully ready to be released it would be already (We've had betas going for every version of the game, but this time the "good" of the beta is probably outweighting the bad for most beta testers, myself included), Reiza are the first that want to get it out as soon as posible, but at the end of the day they're a small team, with high ambition and with that will come problems aswell as setbacks, at the end of the day when we get information on release dates and content is coming directly from the Devs, but everything has to be taken with a grain of salt, because there can be, and will be, problems.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

:eek:

* Engage rant mode.

My heart bleeds for you poor people, so abused by the devils at Reiza. Perhaps you should go seek a professional to help you with your "problems."

Respected content creators, these devils are only after your clicks, attention, reactions, and money. Perhaps you should go buy one of their amazing setups. You could then complain about why you can't match their claimed laptime potential. Oops sorry I forgot, AMS2 has encrypted setups that cannot be easily shared. That'll help with your 1st world cost of living crisis... :p

Seriously though, let the Devs do what they do best and create the game you want to play. When it's ready, they'll release it. Then no doubt you can complain some more. Remember it's only a game, for fun. Not for stress, bitching and complaining. Reiza working on the game is not a problem you should be complaining about.

* Rant mode off.

I have work to do so I can earn a crust. Then I can enjoy my recreational time playing a functional and enjoyable game called Automobilista 2. :)

17. Hamady91

Hamady91 Member

18. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

Wtf? Posting images should be blocked here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Or at least reviewed before shown

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We love the internet :(