General Chit-Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrimsonEminence, Sep 12, 2024.

1. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

Yes, I agree. I'm in a public place with my phone. This is just ridiculous.

2. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Perhaps limit picture permissions to users with a certain posted message threshold or a set amount of positive reactions received to posts of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

This is getting RIDICULOUS

4. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

another idea could be that allows the loyal forum folk to auto moderate a bit.
    F.e. if post with receives X amount of negative reactions, it will be auto hidden until reviewed by moderators.
    Could also be X amount of negative reactions within timeframe X

Could lead to polarising posts being cancelled though, so maybe only for posts with embedded pictures.
    just spitballing different ideas

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

And if a posts receives a certain amount of reports it gets hidden

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

59 mins later.... forum needs more moderators if there are no filter's

8. B Stu

B Stu Member

I would tend to agree more with your first suggestion: Images reviewed first. At least then an offensive image could never be shown, not for a second.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

if we have now less than a thousand players at same time...what do you think will happen when ACE deploys? less than 200 people at same time is good enough for you?
    with actual numbers, it is hard to find a well populated lobby with more than 10 drivers on it...
    so the situation will not be better next year with new sims on the market. most people are tired of persisting bugs and long awaited features that never comes and that people will try different options. some of them will stay with reiza and some others will fly away

10. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT Member

Just to clarify my last post, imo this forum is all about us sharing our experiences with AMS 2.
    I don't have anything against you whatever your sexuality, just saying it would be wrong to post images of naked women here too.
    (Beautiful cars tend to set the pulses going enough).

Does anyone know when any new 1.6 preview streams might be planned for? I feel like maybe one is due. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I can’t be asked to argue so will just say this. AMS2 won’t go down in users when ACE comes out IMO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

do you want to bet?:whistle:
    jokes aside, stadistically, your point is wrong. we all hope that the player base will grow up or stay like it is now, but it is not reallistic:(.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure, definitely some folk "will give it a go" to try it out, so in a short term there will be a drop of some sort in AMS2 player count. What happens long term is not something that can be predicted though as it depends on multiple factors, many outside of Reiza's hand.

Having said that - I approve Reiza's way of working and that they do things their way. Let the chef cook, even if you prefer a different cousine :)

14. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's not ideal, hopefully when LFM releases more people get together to enjoy the sim online, but then again I don't understand this idea of constantly comparing ams2 to the competition, it's true that players from one sim will jump to another, but that has always happened. AC is monstruosly popular and yet there are many players that don't play it because it doesn't provide the experience their looking for, same with iracing for example, it has the most active playerbase online and arguably the best online infrastructure but that doesn't stop people from chosing to go elsewhere. Competition will always be there, ams2 will release it's update, and then they'll start working on 1.7, and then another sim will be releasing their updates and the complaining will begin again, what's the point of always looking ahead?

15. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, I have many hours in LMU, AC, ACC and so on, but I still play ams2 the most. Maybe there's something there....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Majestic

Majestic Member

I completely agree with you, but I said this in the summer, when there were rumors that EVO might come out in the summer. I already said then that long-term development could be a hindrance, because competitors are not sleeping. This summer and fall are a window of opportunity for simulators, because there is a lull in this genre. EVO will collect all the rays of glory and attention, regardless of whether it is bad or good. On this forum, unfortunately, only a few people communicate respectfully and do not insult you when you disagree with them. I was called a youth, a troll, a simpleton, etc. And I do not advise you to argue with them, but to react only to adequate people. There is a group of old men here who think that their opinion is more important.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

I will stay with AMS2 and IL-2 BoS a really long time, because I like foward rendering and play in VR, and hate DLSS/DLAA and MSAA cutting my FPS at more than 40% in other "modern" graphics engines in VR.

18. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

See, I would agree with you here, but the "old men" insult makes your entire point completely implausible to me and from that point onwards what you said earlier lost its credibility.

Don't expect others to treat you with respect when you're not respectful towards the others.

And believe me - I've seen many discussions here where both parties were respectful and despite different views/points nobody was harmed. We're not that bad as you're portraying :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. OnionJack

OnionJack New Member

But still you try to compare realase of completely new game to big update of other already existing game. AC Evo is and will be popular but you can't be sure if it is going to be a blast or nah. AMS 2 on the other hand is decent sim now and update won't make it worse. You were making points about online being the most important factor which is not because I know and saw many people talking about offline experience being their main goal here including myself. And now you are whinning because you get called out for talking bull****.

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please carry over your debates to here.

This really barely touches the Development Update topic anymore.

@Majestic this is for you and others actually bothering to interact.