General Chit-Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrimsonEminence, Sep 12, 2024.

1. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Do we have an idea of how much work still need to be done ? 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month ?

2. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

I don't think anyone outside of Reiza knows.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. T.Ives

T.Ives Professional Dilly Dallier

Ive been checking the dev update threads daily for the last 3 or 4 months, hard habit to break.
    It was slowly morphing into a sim related 4chan thread so I understand locking it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

Daily? I've been checking hourly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

I am happy I got my computer in september. I didn’t need to check anything. Until september.

6. Fiyah

Fiyah Member

Very happy for Suellio Almeida ! He just bought his first real race car and it happens to be a Radical, which i loved in P. Cars 2, it woudl be awesome to see a few Radicals in Automobilista 2 as well. They are amazing fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

unknown. Only Reiza staff knows. Just have fun with the current version and one day you will see an announcement from Reiza. Then it is time to celebrate the new version. :D

8. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm considering getting one, too. Does it make much noise when shifting? My Fanatec shifter is way too loud, can't use it anymore, it really gets me in trouble :D "Thorn" is the 6th evolution of this shifter already. Nice setup btw!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

The shifter is not silent, so other people in the room will notice it. But I don’t have anything to compare it to… I can do a quick video of the sound tonight.
    The mechanism in itself is quiet, but you can hear when the shaft hits the shifter gate.You can probably dampen the sound quite a bit by adding some tape or rubber to the shifter shaft or the shift gate.

10. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT Member

We have Radical mods

11. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT Member

I'm a sim racer that likes to play close to all the sims out there so occasionally I need to switch from an F1 wheel to a round wheel. The one thing that ACC and RaceRoom do which I think is just really convenient is showing your key bindings as you press, so you know what you've selected.

It would be great if AMS 2 can do this one day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. T.Ives

T.Ives Professional Dilly Dallier

After reading some opinions here, on Reddit and discord about the information and handling of the 1.6 release I was interested in seeing what you guys n gals (there must be one somewhere) would like reiza to do for a big patch release.

Stay the same:
    As we see now a announcement dev update way before release and a few more closer too.

LMU way: Im aware they don't own the strategy but it's the example I'm using. This would be release a video + post with information about the new big patch a week or 2 before it's out.

More communication: for example a community manager is free to talk about everything as it's being worked on (too a limit). Also maybe monthly(ish) dev updates.

Other:
    This could be any strategy reiza could use for giving us information about upcoming patches. Let me know what you would want to see.

This is not a dig on the current way they work. Ive just seen varying views, some negative, some positive and would be interested to hear what the community (atleast us forum nerds) would prefer in the way of communication.

E s c h a t o n

13. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I think Reiza annouced 1.6 too early, maybe Beta members hyped stuff too much and that can get people frustrated too. Its clear many people cant handle this more "casual" handling to annoucements and dates from Reiza, so I think its better to only speak about something when its almost there.

14. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

LMU way + community manager. Put a video about all the info 1-2 weeks before release. And a community manager that we can ask information about developpment statues and expectation of release date approximative.

15. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

Personally I'd keep it as it is. I love the fact that Reiza shares all info the reasonably can as it cannot be seen done to that extent by any other developer in simracing world.

Maybe with a bit of a moderation of the announcements and proposed timescales to keep the impatient happy, but knowing what's in the pipeline is just outright nice. Some folk just can't cope with waiting though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:

17. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My "dream" would be for this whole process to be as transparent as possible, letting us PC members share the process with the whole world but that would end up as a complete disaster. There would be a lot of people either angry that something that looks "good enough" isn't out yet (IE: the release of LeMans and Endurance Pack Pt 1) or people who draw sweeping conclusions from something that's WIP and/or is a poor showing of the improvments made (IE Overtake stream).

It would be wonderful, but there are too many bad faith actors that would spoil the fun for everyone.

18. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Will be good to know at least were are you right know in the process. Only bug fix? Or there is a lot of coding and stuff to make ? Or you wait for the license ? There was something that happen between september and right know that delay the release ?

19. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well to be fair this is not different from what they've done in the past. Back in 1.5.3 they did exactly this, 1 week or so before release they posted a couple of videos of content that was going to be included in the patch. The same was done for 1.5.5, I feel like this update has been more difficult on their part because certain complications have appeared, but I don't think generalizing is fair. Personally I preffer having info on whats being worked on with a massive disclaimer at the end: it will come out when it's ready, we can't give any dates.
    Hell, even iracing announced they're working on their forecast system years before that thing was released, just now iracing is announcing they're working on their new graphics engine and thats probably going to take years aswell...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Oh I remember V1.5.3. They were going to release it in a week and then they find something. This happened a lot which made it release after a few months