Dell Alienware monitor experience.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Bull Shark, Oct 16, 2024 at 10:40 AM.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Hi fellow racers,

Does anyone here have experience with the
    • Alienware AW3225QF 32” 4K Ultra HD 240Hz Curved OLED Gaming Monitor?

It looks like a nice screen, but I’m not sure if it’s ideal for simracing. I was planning to go for a triple setup again, but after measuring the available space, I’ve come to the conclusion that it won’t fit. I’ll have to wait until my daughter spreads her wings, then I can use her room for a new racing sim setup.

Until that time, I’m looking to buy a new single monitor, but it needs to be a bit bigger than the 27-inch one I currently have. To test things out, I placed my 4K Sony 43-inch TV behind my wheel and did some racing. I think 43 inches is a bit too large, and since it’s a TV, the specs aren’t ideal for gaming. The image is great, but the response time isn’t, and it only runs at 60Hz.

So, can anyone enlighten me on the monitor

Last edited: Oct 16, 2024 at 10:49 AM
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Bull Shark

The thing I’m most worried about oled is the image burning. Especially with gaming. A lot of the OSD things are on the same position. So burning is an issue I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Curious, why not ultrawide if not going triples?

4. Bull Shark

Yeah I don’t know. I will take a look for those as well but I’m a bit concerned about the resolution with ultra wides. Not all games do support it. At least as far as I know. :D

5. 2ndLastJedi

I put a 34" 1440p uw inbetween my 2 27" 1080p screens, AMS2 actually works in triples with this mix match setup but other sims don't (but I haven't tried too much to get them working as I really don't play on flat screens anymore, only VR).
    The 34" screen does work in all sims fine and I play quite a few non sim games and they all work perfectly. From Fortnite, Alan Wake, CP2077, TLOU and many more.

6. Bull Shark

Ah ok, well perhaps a worth looking into. I mostly play in VR as well. But I also like the beauty of a game and not to have a VR set on my head once in a while. So that is why I want a triple setup, but that is not possible and therefore I’m looking for a decent replacement of my current screen. I want a bit bigger and if it is possible a 4K display. OLED is the first choice but I’m very unsure about the burning that occurs.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 7:37 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bull Shark

I’ve seen this one just a few days ago. I understand it is a lesser problem than a few years ago, but as I primarily race with AMS and the UI is always on the same spot on the screen, I’m still a bit concerned. Perhaps not realistic of me. :D.

I noticed a few affordable ultra wide oled screens on Tweakers (Dutch tech site)
    See the google translated version..

Tweakers.net

just hard to choose. There are so many screens in all sizes and specs. It is almost impossible to choose.

the Alienware from Dell does looks like a winner for me, but it has no HDMi 1.2 connection, that is a bit sad because I also have a PS5 that I want to use from once in a while.
    :rolleyes::D

• Like Like x 1