Multiplayer Logs & Reports Thread

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

I have. Oh well I did try, but failed
    Maybe Reiza can add it to its list of things to fix

2. mikesch250

mikesch250 Member

Hello!
    I started online racing with racecraft.online last week (great service, great community btw!) and yesterday at the endurance cup I got disconnected during half of the race. I made 24 races in RCO so far and had 5 disconnects in that time. I know, maybe this is a normal number, but is there anything I can do to prevent this somehow? Have a 1Gbit web connection wired to my pc.

I got a server log (attached) and maybe someone at Reiza can see what happen. For example, what means "reason 1" at HandleMemberLeft? If you need the whole server log, just tell me.

Thank you! CanĀ“t wait for 1.6 and (hopefully) some more multiplayer stability.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. m0ellemeister

m0ellemeister New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    yesterday I had a weird experience during a multiplayer race over racecraft.online. My car crashed into the road suddenly at the very start of the race. It seemed, that my car was "diving" down into the tarmac and popping up again.
    Track was Kyalami (2019) and car was P4 MetalMoro MRX Duratec P4.
    Attached you'll find the (hopefully) correspondig log. Here you'll find a short video showing the incident

Attached Files:

4. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Here is a log for a green light desync whic was about a 2 second delay for some. We have been running longer (15M) quali sessions which seems to assist in syncing up but this is the first occurrence since that change that has had the start light deysnc. A few people were in and out of the server in quali which could have led to some issues. We had one kick while waiting on the grid (RPP) and another during the race (CrazyCanuck). I was hosting. 10/15/45m race, P2 at Imola, FCY on, 3 weather slots.

Attached Files:

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Me and another person had ghosting issues after crashing and I couldn't see that he had fixed his car

Attached Files:

6. slow tragoul

slow tragoul New Member

disconnected frequently enough
    have attached last log, i am connected via ethernet and had no drop in connection

Attached Files:

7. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Bugsplat crash during rco's endu race
    Sent the bugsplat report with my forum name for referencing.
    Im quite sure i qualified P2 but at the race start i was shown i had to hold P3 - i didnt but didnt get any penalty either. Couple of laps in and the game just crashed.

Dedi Log: https://storage.googleapis.com/ams2-session-logs/race-29224-server.log

oh and something to look at perhaps: After the bugsplat happened, the wheel just kept pulling hard into one direction, not sure if that is on moza or the sim.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
  8. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

I have been plagued with disconnects since the start of July.
    So far I have 6 disconnect logs. I have attached them all in hopes that there is something I can do on my end that can rectify this...

No other reporting (bugspat or otherwise).

Attached Files:

9. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

New one for me. While setting up a P2P server, I got hit with a disconnect message. Then after starting over, about 5 minutes in I had another DC. The third time was a charm and I was able to race for an hour without issue.

Troubleshooting carried out so far:

AMS2 Complete Reinstall,
    Router / modem updates, resets,
    ISP contacted and status reset,
    Drivers all confirmed to be updated.

10. SparksV

SparksV New Member

Encountered I think a new bug in a lobby with friends.
    Link to the clip: Clip, Edit, and Share Your Game Clips & Gameplay - Medal

Here's the online logs from the person it happened to (1), person whose POV the clip is from (2) and another from a separate person in the race 30 seconds behind (3).

Attached Files:

11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Issues with syncing, ghosting, cars starting a lap down, disconnects, players losing control mappings etc.

logs - Google Drive

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Theoloop

Complete MP failure tonight. I posted a p2p lobby and about 12 from my group got in. They were unable to see the car/tracks I had set, it only displayed their own last race combos on their own screen. Starting the session up kicked players and let the host in, while blocking others out as "racing" was displayed. We attempted multiple times with multiple hosts with the same result. The whole MP list showed low attendance so it was across the whole sim. As a test we were able to join one Dedi server but even that one had heavy stuttering, ping issues, bugs and kicks. Ill stress this has nothing to do with my own connection as everything else was and is stable and works, i have been hosting for over 3 years now and have never seen issues as prominent as in the last 3 months or so..

Attached Files:

13. Rafael Socbzak

Rafael Socbzak New Member

I believe the biggest problem right now is the mini freezes that have been happening frequently in the last few days. This freeze affects all drivers at the same time. We identified this while we were racing and talking on Discord.
    It seems that it has been getting worse. I just participated in a race where I ended up missing a braking point, which caused chaos :X

Log file in the link below, as the forum did not accept this file size:

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Theoloop

We have noticed that too, we were thinking it might be related when someone pits. Most of the time at least.

• Like Like x 1