General Chit-Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrimsonEminence, Sep 12, 2024.

1. danistonmartin

danistonmartin New Member

en serio van a sacar la 1.6?cuando?QUE NOTICION

2. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

I haven't visited the forums in a while. I just got into flight simulation for the first time with MSFS 2020.

It is weird but now I could not care less about AMS2 at the moment. Hype train derailed and ACE has taken all the attention. Sorry if I sound harsh but that's my impression.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Alright, thanks for sharing :) No need to be sorry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. WizL94

WizL94 New Member

Question for the AMS2 veterans: How/when does Reiza add support for new wheelbases? I just preordered the Thrustmaster T598 (releses on Nov 29 in Germany). Am I going to have trouble navigating menus or adjusting the FFB? Would be amazing if I could just select Thrustmaster T598 as wheel type in the control options and that's it.

5. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Well to each their own, I couldnt care less about ACE for instance.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried playing Grid on my PC not long ago, sadly had constant issues with CTD's that prevented me from properly enjoying the game, wish I had a working PS3/360 right now :(

Sure wish whoever ported that game to the PC took their time like Reiza does ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wu!

I will play it when it comes out, who knows in time I will play it exclusively? With the early access cars and track list revealed so far, I doubt it will take over anytime soon from the other sims I play but who knows?

Nor does it matter, I do not think anybody truly cares which sim I play or not.

8. Wu!

GRID on xbox 360 was good fun, it was before I got involved with "serious" sim racing, looking back, that was the point where everything started to go wrong ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

Swap motorsport for driving on roads with traffic? No thanks.

10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

It's hard to get excited about trains when you're flying airplanes.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Better seen as 'there is now another hype train running alongside the already crowded one'. I can lay down an infinite number of imaginary hype railway tracks :D.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

It has the same "problem" that made me not click with the first one, too many road cars, am I supposed to race those? Its cool that it seems that they are adding some kind of cruising mode, since what people enjoy most in AC is cruising and drifting with mods. I might play and enjoy it eventually but for now its just meh for me, also I hope it doesnt really as much in mods to be interesting, vanilla AC is just no and the mods are paid or complete garbage. Its sure an eye candy and full of interesting features, dont get me wrong, but anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

It doesn’t float my boat , I’d prefer ACC 2 or something along those lines . I prefer racing race cars in official championships over street cars.

14. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Same for me. I have ZERO interest in free roam/cruising, I want a hardcore simulation of being a racing driver and competing in championships.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT Member

Exactly. Becoming a racing driver by night (or whenever you sim race) is the experience I want to have. If Reiza can give us this feeling with the future career mode OMG :eek:

16. T.Ives

T.Ives Professional Dilly Dallier

Sounds like this will very much be a thing

17. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll play both probably, I can see myself enjoying some random driving on public roads, I just hope that experience is well done.

• Like Like x 2
  18. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

The free roam/street car thing isn’t really my speed, but I’m sure it’ll be fun anyway as I trust Kunos.
    Although, it seems like the free roam thing is getting overstated by fans a bit, as the official in-game footage we’ve all seen is mostly track racing as usual and we’ve only gotten hints in the trailer and at the convention that it’s something they WANT to implement… so I dunno what to think yet. Who knows, maybe that alleged leaker on the discords is right and they really are gonna have a free roam map of thousands of kilometers surrounding the Nordschleife where you get to do pizza delivery. :rolleyes:

19. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

I'm looking forward to AC Evo but for me the worry is that Kunos is diluting their attention - a bit of this and a bit of that. I'd rather they focus on one aspect of a simulation and not try to please everyone.

20. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

This exactly. I got nothing against Forza Horizon, Need for Speed, et al because they know what they are, if AC EVO wants to be a more realistic version of those, also cool and there’s definitely a niche for that. But it’s super rare for a game to mix approaches and succeed at all of them.