67 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. others

29 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. Official mods in Steam workshop

52 vote(s)
    15.5%
  9. Mod Autodownload when i join a server!

19 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. New UI with a lot more info.

32 vote(s)
    9.6%
  11. Ranking system

60 vote(s)
    17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I generally like the poll results except for rain. Not that it isn't good but i rarely race in it in the titles that have it so i do not think it is a priority.

My top new priority would be licensed street legal cars. The Ultima GTR is awesome... would love to have other sports cars with multiple types of street tires too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Eduardo Villaça

Eduardo Villaça Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love to see things that could help the "gamey" aspect of AMS, like a proper career and/or a driving school, like the one in GTR2.

It would also be nice to add things to improve the online part of the game. AMS is a wonderful game but no one is racing online... Perhaps a tool to schedule races, like what Race Department does, and online championships.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a quick question. All this talk about Graphics this and Graphics that.....do you really notice the difference between DX9 and DX11 at race speed. Guarantee the answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep improving the Physics Engine....all that really matters to someone who uses a DD wheel and decent HE ( Huesinkveld Engineering) pedals

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can only speak for myself, but my answer would be a Yes.:p
    Graphics ARE important. It's one part of the simracing package to get full immersion. That applies to Sounds as well. The feeling to be on a racetrack becomes even more authentic, when physics, sounds and graphics giving a good mixture.

I personally wouldn't have a good experience, if i had excellent physics, but synthetic vacuum cleaner sounds and/or mindcraft-style racetrack graphics. I wouldn't have fun with it.

Nevertheless .... AMS graphics are quite fine, and not as bad as many say.

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. Eduardo Villaça

I agree that graphics don't make a huge difference, but today it is kinda inevitable that they work on a DX11 engine, mostly because of VR. They need to make the game appealing to as many people as possible, and VR is going to be a decisive factor in a few years. There's already a good amount of people who won't play any sim without VR.

Besides, if they were just going to work on physics they would just keep refining AMS, and that unfortunately is not going to bring them much revenue in return. They need to invest in a new game with plenty of new features apart from what they already deliver. The upside is that everything they achieved so far will be part of the new game (BTW, the new turbo is really nice).

6. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

I agree, graphics are important part of the equation, but to a point (and I understand we all have different standards what's good enough).
    Personally I find AMS graphics perfectly fine, I don't need DX11.
    Sound is more important IMO, and AMS has it covered as well. If I had to make a list it would be:
    -physics + FFB
    -sound
    -graphics
    in that order

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

What about us, lowly Logitech users? ;)
    That's what really matters to us too:D
    BTW, Heusinkveld pedals are on the list

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In order of preference:
    1) VR, without it then I won't buy AMS2, simple as that.
    2) Weather, other Sims are starting to push Weather a lot more and I feel as though it's an integral part of a racing simulation.
    3) Organised Races/Leagues, again others leading the way in this regard.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I do think VR is going to be a factor going forward, especially as the tech evolves and VR-HMD image quality improves. More and more people are going to adopt VR and prefer to use it - certainly over single monitors, and even over triples in many cases.

Using PC2 as one example, I find it much more immersive in VR; combined with the dynamic weather and lighting, it puts Racing in changing conditions in a whole new light. Granted, PC2 needs a lot of fixes and polishing done but, the environment in VR is quite impressive imo. If PC2 had the physics / handling / AI and FFB of AMS, I don't know if I would play much else.:eek::)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Eduardo Villaça

PCars 2 needs physics, handling, AI, FFB... AMS 2 only needs VR, so I guess Reiza is in a much better position now lol... I gotta say, I play PCars 2 a lot nowadays, mostly because of online... public lobbies are a bit dangerous lol, but at least I always find people to race over there... I truly wish AMS 2 gets the same amount of people online.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

Wow i fully agree with you, physics first always! but if we could get both why not cry a bit? :D

12. Daniel Escudero

Hi @Eduardo Villaça, We are not, by now, the solution for ams online (outside league races that run in each community) experience but if you wanna join a group of global automobilista racers for fun casual-quick races and trainings (NOT leagues, dont get confused) , feel free to join us:
    Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers (Automobilista Unofficial). (you also can find us in steam and twitter)
    Cheers!

13. Daniel Escudero

I actually really like more the ams graphics than rf2 ones...:D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sometimes I agree, sometimes not. Generally Dx11 makes things a lot better, especially at replay.
    IMO there are two main graphic differences between both. AMS seems the wheather is "always sunny and lovely", the other side rf2 seems is "almost about to rain".

But when you compare raceroom DX9 graphics, onboard and also replay mode, raceroom is better than rf2 dx11 graphics.
    IMO.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Daniel Escudero

It is so accurate ur description : "always sunny and lovely", the other side rf2 seems is "almost about to rain". hahaha. As you, Alexandre Sene, say sometimes rf2 ambient is so depresive...:p and ams so optimistic.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Daniel Escudero

-1) Is it a eternal deal? and 2) Do you think new Automobilista 2 is gonna use the same engine as in AMS1? Dont think so....: wheather, dx 11,..... , so the deal will not exist anymore if they change engine.

-More modder support would be amazing to make AMS 2 the more used sim in simracing. The unofficial content doesnt make people not to buy the official one released. You have the case of AC or rf2.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

ISI licensed rF1 engine (phisycs) to Reiza but deal says "not to build a modders platform" like rF1 was.

18. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

For me a proper single player career would be important.
    But I am very sure, that AMS 2 also will be just a sandbox for online players and hotlappers.

So AMS 2 will be just a simulation, not a game.

For players/racers there are 2 choices: good physics and FFB or a game. Both in one single simulation never happend.

The best try is PCars, but unfortunatelly it lacks in physics, FFB and Sound compared to AMS.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would vote firstly for graphics and VR. I don't use VR but I want as many people playing this as possible and VR is quite popular in simracing.
    Skins transfers would be a nice addition. I dont want to sound insulting, but I am generally not fond of mods as literally only a handful have ever felt as good or better than stock content ( and I'm referring to all sims, not just AMS)
    Rain is also something I could do without. Very rarely s it ever used, and I have yet to hear anyone say any sim has done it right. Go to youtube and binge watch sim racing casts and i bet you see less than 10% actualy use rain.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Daniel Escudero

Yep ,GodzillaGTR, i agree about the rain, but it has to be fun racing in rainy conditions and it adds so much uncertain results to the race, which is interesting.
    May be the usual faster guys are not so fast under the rain :D.
    But i agree that it is not the most important for the sim.