67 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. others

29 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. Official mods in Steam workshop

52 vote(s)
    15.5%
  9. Mod Autodownload when i join a server!

19 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. New UI with a lot more info.

32 vote(s)
    9.6%
  11. Ranking system

60 vote(s)
    17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. krusti

krusti RaceSimulatorItaly Founder AMS2 Club Member

1. Graphics
    + simulation : - graphics is a old story, now we have all the stuff to run a videogame with a nice graphic and proper simulation. VR is not the future, is the present!

2. Weather
    The weather is part of motorsport, the setups, the driving, everything is affected by the weather. Driving under the rain is the most challenging and rewarding thing you can do with a car IMO, and the challenge is not only on track, but also in the mind with all the different strategies.
    Some of my favorite races (i mean sim-races) was under the rain.

3. Official races
    I'm a league admin, and i'm the first who think that having 4000 different leagues is the death of multiplayer. Some people here, some there, we need one and big official multiplayer.
    I personally would love to see a multiplayer similar to all the competitive videogames there are today, with casual match (races in this case), and ranked ones (so a ranking system) with seasons and rewards, official e-sport events and live streamings.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Big_Mama

Big_Mama Ben Suttor AMS2 Club Member

One thing that is not on the list but I would like to see is a completely new UI, especially the one during a session. I think the current one is missing too much. For example I'd like to be able to see the results of a previous session again, or the current points in a championship. A cool feature would also be to see who is currently on track.
    Overall I'm missing possibilities to analyse and compare stuff. I think that a telemetry viewer for example should be included in any racing simulator. We need more numbers, stats and curves...:p
    AMS unfortunately offers so little in that regard. For example how can you optimize your tire temps when you don't know what's the optimum range for a specific tire?

I just love the technical part of racing as much as the driving

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

Big_Mama, interesting, I add the" New UI with more info" to the poll.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I personally think it's a bit silly to add options to a poll long after the first post when most people would've already voted, all the while not adding other areas that people have requested, may as well start a new one ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Daniel Escudero

Yeah i see your point and i can share it,

but this is gonna be a longtime thread , people make good contributions and as everyday in our lives we have to addapt and evolve.

To add new options to the poll is not the ideal solution (i dont consider it "silly" :D) , but in that way the poll is more complete than when i firstly thought about it.

Because ams2 development is gonna last years, i hope this thread could be active (and be an indirect way to communicate with reiza staff about what we would want to get improved in ams, and in case they dont answer i know they can read it :D), and people could come back again here and rethink his votes. But yeah i know thats not the ideal solution, MarcG.

Have a nice week all!

• Like Like x 1
  6. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope Reiza includes a portal like virtual experience in-game so you don't have to check a webpage to see your leaderboard ranking... I really like time trials :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Member

One thing that could have (almost no competitor has), is the name of the profile to be placed automatically in the own 3D of the car. So when you change the driver, the name on the car changes as well.

For example, in endurance races, when changing drivers, would appear the current driver.

For this to happen, you should have a 3D programming to read the name of the profile, making life easier for the painters and drivers and commentators on the broadcasts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Daniel Escudero

Ohh no! i have to accept it but i dont like the results of the poll! :D.

Graphics and wheather are above Physics! argggg

9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Well physics is the best right now so let's improve the remaining part of the SIM (going over the actual graphic engine)

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Physics may be the best but there are certainly some pmotor leftover annoyances still to correct. Ask @Spin ;):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Daniel Escudero

I agree with you but always there is room for improvement, and physics should to be the success pillar for AMS and the main focus for reiza.

I remember many golden olimpic swimmers but then it came Sir Michael Phelps.........then, yeah AMS it has probably one the best physics....but @Reiza can and have to improve them in Automobilista 2 (and may be in the last update of AMS1 ? :D)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Spin

Spin Active Member

Physics, physics, physics...and that goes way beyond just tyre modelling (as important as tyre modelling may be).

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Member

A suggestion may be an automatic penalty when the driver crosses the pit line as he exits the boxes.

Other suggestion is the server admin to have more controlling of race (in dedicated servers, for online championships), having more options to add a penalty.

Other, when the driver takes the penalty from de sim, the admins should receive a special message in chat. (This make an easier our lifes...)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Only two things AMS 3 needs to bring is better VR , better Graphics and real Weather .
    AMS is amazing as is but just needs to come to 2018 ready to fight with the other Sims out .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. [NRT]Cubitus1957

[NRT]Cubitus1957 New Member AMS2 Club Member

The "change driver" function that works during endurance races.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Member

The simulation is amazing as the basis is very solid. You really feel the car in your hands.

The down side of the famous Gmotor that is already dated regarding to graphics.

For 2017 standards we would have to run after:
    -64 bits to make more memory available (larger grids)
    -weather, even a simple model which makes the track wet and slippery. We don't need that PC2 mess (snow, wind, and the hell)

Other than those, it's bonus.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Daniel Escudero

@2ndLastJedi I hope those improvements will come with AMS 2 and we have not to wait till AMS 3 hahaha. just kidding , cheers!

@ECAR_Tracks I agree with you o everything, but i have to say that with dx9 ams for me has better graphics than dx11 rfactor 2....i know it is only my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Funny, i need none of your proposals,
    I want (if a choose 3)
    - Proper Timing system.
    - Ghost car of Ghost lap
    - Disable the Use of mods

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Danilo-cs

Danilo-cs Member

A imersão poderia ser um pouco melhor :)

20. Daniel Escudero

Lets see if @Reiza gives us some meat abot AMS2 .....:D or its next sim name, i like the name automobilista, is cool, brazilian and different, in my opinion they should stick with it. But they will like the new sim to be considered a full new sim, but i think it will be fully based in ourbeloved ams :D.

Other issue i would like to be solved....the problems we have when we try to join a server but we are kicked from it because a different version of the mod....may be a kind of simsync in the simulator? The mod is updated or downloaded to your pc and you can continue the fun as happens in rf2. Please add that and multiplayer could be easier

Ok, happy new 2018 year all guys!! I hope to race with u soon!! Join Automobilista Unofficial :D!!