Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You must have disabled practice sessions in the PLR file.

2. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

I don't know if this belongs here, but I'm not sure where else to post this. Technically it seems like some kind of bug.

I've been doing some laps in Time Trial mode and noticed my times don't register for some reason.
    It happened twice in the last 10-20 minutes. The time I have currently on the leaderboards is 1:27,927, however I turned 1:27,112 which didn't register, and then again 1:27,602, which again didn't register.
    The first time I thought nothing of it, as I've occasionaly had this happened before, but never twice in a row, so second time I grabbed a screen (attached).

Hockenheim, Time Trial, Metalmoro AJR.
    If you look at the picture it shows 1:27,602 and on the leaderboards it still shows my previous time

Attached Files:

3. polo199

polo199 Member AMS2 Club Member

Incorrect car tags and description

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: AJR, PMotor #4
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: PMotor AJR #4's is supposed to be a Honda-powered car whereas description mentions a Powertec-powered one.
    Problem is in PMotor_4.veh where the description is incorrect.
    Steps to reproduce: N/A

4. polo199

Profile deleted within AMS (but files still there) after 1.4.93 update.

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: AJR
    Applicable Settings: Online. Was praticing on some server after updating to 1.4.93
    Report: Noticed I was logging times in as another profile of mine. Left the server and checked in the profile screen and I could not select my usual, main profile. Created the profile from new with same name and noticed it seemed to get some best time data back. Quit the game and noticed all files where there in the usual User/Mydocs folder with all my car/track setups.
    Steps to reproduce: No idea.

5. Alex Sawczuk

You must be running the game as admin then

6. polo199

Not that I'm aware of and I always use Steam to start it. Anyway, it seems I had lost my settings (wheel, display and sound). Everything else is running fine though so...
    Also I had access to my other profile and that profile's files are located in the same folder (Windows' user folder).
    I had a Steam client update and used AMS's config (to fix the audio setting to Stereo Headphones) for the record.

Apart from that game is running fine. Thought I would report it. No big deal as far as I'm concerned.

7. Alex Sawczuk

Hmm, ok so not admin then, your old profile must have become corrupted somehow.. although I don't know what would cause that, feel free to zip the entire folder and send me a copy of it

8. Riches

Riches New Member

Track & Layout Used: Kart tracks
    Car Used: 125 cc Karts
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Exiting from track to menu makes the application hang sometimes.
    Going to the track also sometimes got the application hanging a few times.
    Just reloading the sim, same settings and everything functions like it should.
    While other rF based sims have no such problem at all, never had them.
    Going back to the main menu from the track, if i click to fast on items while still a part of the menu is loading (talking about milliseconds here, as i blindly know where all the buttons are) could also make the app get stuck.
    All in all it seems all these updates made the whole app somewhat more picky about it's PC environment and more easy to get on it's knees.
    Running with a Simucube OSW - 8.4 beta and Simvibe.
    Checked integrity of the content in steam and had the disk checked. No errors were found.
    Steps to reproduce: N/A

9. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Solution: do not click on close. But rather "wait for application to respond".

10. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We just had 2 great Mini races, so it seems you got the lag issue solved! Thank you! :)

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone knows what would cause this? (Online race with Boxer Cup + EEC GT3)
    every lap cars did this on the same point

Start of the race was scary and confusing

This behavior was visible to everyone racing

12. Spin

Spin Active Member

Never used to have this before but lots of times when I click on race (bottom right to go on track), the game just freezes. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia drivers and also tried a different set but it still happens. Wasn't this a known issue a few builds back? I thought I heard of something similiar??....

Yup, the last 7 times out of 10 where I tried going out on track, the game froze (with audio running in a loop, I think). AMS cannot be played, literally, it will freeze around 75% of the time you try to go out on track forcing you to control-alt-delete and then having to use the keyboard to close the application (mouse won't work to click in task manager, just like the infamous RFactor 2 alt-tab bug).

We're both running OpenSimWheels. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  13. Alex Sawczuk

Well the simple test would be to disable your OSW software etc, and unplug the device and go to track, if you still get CTDs, then it's not related.

14. Domagoj Lovric

15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I had the same issue for long time but after the last update it is sorted on my side (or at least it seems yes).
    Try running the game with AudioPostFX set to low, if the game still doesn't work you can help @Domagoj Lovric tracing the bug (like I am doing/trying), put those launch commands +trace=2 +audiolog and just test the game with the maximum possible audio settings, then upload your trace file as described here.

EDIT: they are faster than me...as usual, lol!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: in replays the tyres keep their dirt overlay permanantly after have been driving off the track once, iirc not AI cars
    Steps to reproduce: go off the track and watch replay

17. Spin

Spin Active Member

Hi Alex, Domagoz, and Davex.
    Ok, the issue seems to only happen when both the OSW are on and AudioPostFX is set to anything other than low.

An easier way to test this is to floor the throttle as soon as the car starts, then turn your wheel and keep turning/moving it while pressing the escape button. As soon as you press the escape button, 1 of 3 things will happen:
    - with just a keyboard, you will be immediately sent back to the garage/monitor screen.
    - with the OSW and AudioPostFX set to "low", there will be a 2 or 3 second delay (black screen) with audio playing, and then you will be sent back to the garage/monitor screen
    - with the OSW and AudioPostFX set to anything other than low, you will get the same delay (black screen) with audio but the game won't recover, it will instead completely freeze (with the audio constantly running like what I explained a few posts above).

I'll do the audiolog trace thing tomorrow..

18. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Can you try the same tests with OSW off?
    As I said, I had the same problems some time ago (still working on my side since the last patch) and should be solved now.

19. Domagoj Lovric

Thank you very much, pls do audiolog and attach here. File is going to be big.

20. Spin

Spin Active Member

"With just a keyboard" means the OSW was completely off and I steered with the keyboard. Sorry, I should have been more clear.