Crew Chief V4 Spotter for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, Jun 17, 2016.

1. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Someone is reporting the push to pass not working, so it's maybe a bug in the latest version of AMS rather than the spotter plugin.

2. Zanardi

Zanardi New Member

Ah ok good to know, never run Crew Chief before with the Stock V8 so I did not know if it worked before the latest version.

Edit*
    Push to Pass itself is working fine but what I meant was the Sounds within CrewChiefV4 in "C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\overtaking_aids" are not played in Race Sessions!
    ; "activations_remaining" "one_activation_remaining" "push_to_pass_now_available" "no_activations_remaining"

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

Guys there's a new beta that should fix incorrect announcement of race finish and incorrect driver name decoding (may cause spam messages in CC console) in AMS (and rF1). Check it out :)
    Beta Test Thread

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

Guys,
    Check the new beta, lots of cool stuff, but most notably for ISI based simulators we improved session transition detection. So when you hit Next Session in a multisession event, CC should now detect that nicely. Feedback is welcome!
    Beta Test Thread

• Like Like x 1
  5. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Hello guys, i am interested did anyone test crew chief in 5.1 surround mode?
    Our integrated spotter goes onto front center channel in case of 5.1 output mode. Where does crew chief output go? AFAIK it should go on center channel as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

Crew Chief does not control the output channel. If simply outputs the audio to the windows default audio output device. Custom redirection might be possible using some 3rd party software, but that's not something CC itself handles.

7. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Does the session stuff fix the problem where probably 90% of the time CC does not acknowledge that I've finished a quick race until I'm either back in pit lane, or have hit escape to return to the race menu? I quite like hearing "****, we've won!" on the rare occasions that I actually win :)

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

Yeah, that's a good one, better than "***waste of time" :)
    Race finish (the problem you're describing) should have been fixed last week, do you still hit the issue with latest beta?

The session stuff is for the multisession events (practice/quali and race etc).

9. tpw

Yeah mate, CC 4.7.9.0 and AMS beta 1.4.7.2

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

4.7.9.0 does not contain the fix. You could try latest CC beta, which is 9.2 version right now, it has the fix. Fix is actually port of rF2 work, but it was reported by one rF1 user to be working fine, so hopefully it works in AMS.

11. tpw

Cheers for clearing that up, I'll download it and report back.

EDIT: Yep, working perfectly thanks!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  12. Zanardi

Zanardi New Member

Crew Chief V4 (4.7.9.2) Spotter still announcing final lap one lap ahead of time in timed races!
    Hm i tought that annoying bug was fixed already...

13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf New Member

You might be right as I was bit by something like that I think. I will doublecheck in rF2, but if you would like to help please follow these steps: How to collect Crew Chief repro traces It might help us finding bug if there's any.

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Crew chief says pits are closed under FCY even when they are open (and then follow on that saying it is now open for lead lap cars, etc), this happened in our league race today. I think would be better to remove this part, just let it call FCY and that's it.

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After the HUD update I get blue flag warnings from cars that are on same lap as me, anyone else?​

16. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I only get this if i am on an outlap from the pits

17. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm getting a "Pit Now" message from CrewChief in game when I have a ton of fuel left (like 14 laps worth in a 10 lap race) and i haven't activated the pit board.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. AosudiF1

AosudiF1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Two things:
    - I am getting a lot of messages regarding track limits, but AMS does not give me a penalty for it. Why not just use the game to alert of these types of situations? Or maybe increase tolerance a bit.
    - After qualifying ends, spotter just calls the position, but it does not take into consideration whether I am in a timed lap still. You can cross the start finish straight, or improve your position, but Spotter will not say anything about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same issue, i had to toggle off the blue flag spotter, hopefully a fix comes soon.

20. wowbagger

wowbagger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone know if CrewChief macros will work with AMS?