Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Spin

Spin Active Member

I just tried with the logging and couldn't get it to freeze. I tried about 15 times. I then quit, disabled the logging, and tried again and was able to get it to freeze on the second or third try (I was in the controls section, upped the FFB a few % and the game then froze when I pressed race).

It seems as if the logging is somehow preventing the game from freezing. However, my pedals still need to be recalibrated (push pedal all the way down) every time I press race and go back out of the pits or else my pedals will show as being pressed around halfway even though I'm not pressing down any pedals.

Something seems to be happening with joystick controllers whenever you exit to pits (press escape) and whenever you go back out on track (press race) and this causes freezing or a 2 or 3 second delay (no freeze) with the pedals calibration being reset.

Please let me know if you'd like further tests done.

UPDATE: Now it's happening with AudoFX set to low as well :( I loaded up the track and clicked race, once from the setup menu and another time from the controls menu, and the game froze. I played GT Legends for hours today and yesterday and no issues there.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

From what i can advise is keep logging on all the time. When you had +audiolog enabled, was AudioPostFX at Low or Full? If not, set it to full and log all the time.

Could you try lowering ffb rate to 180Hz for example (in controls, FFB: Pure 180Hz)?

3. Spin

Spin Active Member

When +audiolog is enabled, AudioPostFX can be set to any setting and the game will not freeze so that's what I'm doing for now.

OK, I'll disable +audiolog and try with 180 Hz FFB.

4. Domagoj Lovric

Are you definitely sure on first statement? Any test you do pls do one with +audiolog and othe without.

@DaVeX Do you still run with +audiolog command enabled? If so pls disable and let's see will you run into issues.

5. Spin

Spin Active Member

Just tried with 180 Hz FFB pure. I thought it was going good as I changed my FFB % a few times and went back out on track with no freeze (although, before putting me in the pits and starting the car, the game would show me driving on some random part of the track for a quick flash, maybe 0.1s or 0.2s, but everything would be OK after that), but I eventually got the same freeze.

All the issues I've run into are with +audiolog disabled.

I am now back to testing again with +audiolog enabled. I will do all sorts of tests but so far I have never had a single freeze while +audiolog was enabled, no matter the FFB Hz, the PostAudioFX setting, or anything

6. Domagoj Lovric

Ok i have another thing to throw at you :p
    How many fps you get? Only logicall thing so far (at least if i don't stumble on some error regarding audiolog) is that game runs slower with it (which should be the case, as it outputs massive trace file). Could you try limiting fps to some number? If you get really high fps, try 120 for example or whatever suits you.

7. Spin

Spin Active Member

I've been limiting fps to 120, 116 or 138 the whole time from the in-game fps limiter. I'm basically at the fps limiter. I'm running testing w/ F301 at Brasilia, sometimes 9 AI, sometimes 0 AI ("private testing"). Nvidia Surround disabled (2560x1440) and it enabled (bezel compensated res: 7790x1440). GSync on and Gsync off. None of that makes a difference, the freezes still occur.

I haven't tried with 3D Vision yet; that's how I normally play (besides quick tests/troubleshooting like now).

I'm still playing around with +audiolog enabled as we speak and I cannot get a single freeze.

8. Domagoj Lovric

Hope i am not getting annoying :p
    Try running like this:

Code:
     +trace=2 
    So basically WITHOUT +audiolog, just ordinary trace. I just went over audiolog and there is no single issue with it (or something that it disabled would cause).

9. Spin

Spin Active Member

Not annoying at all. I'm glad to help. OK, I will do so right now.

I was running "+trace=2 +audiolog" (with quotation marks). Would you like "+trace=2" or +trace=2 (quotation marks or not)?

10. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Yes I have it enabled, I will try without and I will report (I am away from my pc until 22 Dec).
    I run the game with 120fps cap, 360hz pure and +trace=2 +audiolog without quotation marks.

11. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have exactly the same issue as Spin has, everytime i clic to enter the car, i get a short flash of where i was driving last, but i never had a crash or so, after the flash everything runs fine.

12. Domagoj Lovric

@Spin Pls do try with only +trace=2.
    One IMPORTANT thing to test if you may pls: try reproducing with OSW software running, but wheel unplugged. If you get CTD then, then we can reproduce it here (so for this you'll have to remove trace and audiolog commands).

@DaVeX Use quotation marks.

@Silvano Are you using DynHUD?

13. Silvano

the hud type is "off" no i dont use Dynhud.
    but i have been doing some testing and i know now whats causing this.
    went to brasilia with marcas, at first time entering the car, no flash.then i drive couple of laps and back to monitor. now it becomes wierd, as the monitor replay automaticaly my run, if i clic enter the car, i get the flash, if i go to the end of the automatic replay at monitor and i get in the car, everything is fine !
    so its the automatic replay the cause of issue.

14. Spin

Spin Active Member

I tried with just "+trace=2" (with quotation marks) and I could not get any freezing. I tried everything to make it freeze.
    I will unplug both OSW USBs: the one to change settings for Granity (SimpleMotion V2 USB adapter RS485) and the standard USB to make it work in general.
    Would you like me to keep the turn left/right mapped to the joystick (wheel) or change it to keyboard?

It could also be the audio from the replay (AudioFX) rather than the replay itself.
    What happens if you floor the throttle in neutral in the pits, turn the wheel, then press escape while still turning the wheel? Does it freeze on a black screen or bring you back to the garage screen?

15. Silvano

i will try that right now and report back.

16. Silvano

it brings me back at monitor, no freeze and no black screen.

17. Domagoj Lovric

Buttons mapping shouldn't matter, and you'd be hard pressed on driving at all without left-right controls. Thanks for all the tests.

Can you pls additionally test do you get CTD's without actually driving? Repeat tests, with osw plugged / software running, other case osw unplugged / software running.

18. Spin

Spin Active Member

My pleasure.

There are no freezes with OSW software open in background (Granity and MMos) and OSW not plugged in, not even while using AudioFX full. Also, when pressing escape to go back to pit screen, the black screen only lasts a split second (0.1 or 0.2s), it doesn't last 2 seconds or so like it does with the OSW plugged in.

The only freezes I sometimes get are when I'm loaded in a session and click the race button on the bottom right to go back on track, or when I click the escape button while on track to go back to the timing screen (back in the pits). Actually, one time I got a freeze while in a loaded session without clicking race/escape. I was in the controls section and I think I switched FFB from 360 Hz to 180 Hz. Again though, this was while in a loaded session. I never had any freeze while outside of a session.

19. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    Me right now...

20. Domagoj Lovric

@Spin Quoting your first message on this. When did this start to happen if you can roughly recall?

No need for such a (punchthru)facepalm. I use brackets inside steam "Launch options", while when launching a game from command prompt, i don't use brackets. Apologies for such a deadly facepalm, but hey, you don't need remote control or wireless keyboard anymore. With that arm lenght you can reach on second floor if you wished so.

• Funny Funny x 1