Anyone using a Thrustmaster TMX ? - if so, what settings do you use?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Sting Ray, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

For Xmas i was given a TMX to replace the 1990's Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP i have been using. The TMX has 900 degrees rotation versus 180 which is much better, however the feedback (other than rumble over kerbs) appears way inferior. There is zero feel of the steering weighting up at speed in a corner, and no difference to the feel when grip is lost/you are on the grass.
    Just wondering what configs (% settings etc) people are using, as whilst i appreciate it is a low end wheel, i hoped it would at least match something that is nearing 20 years old!....thanks

2. polo199

polo199 Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a T300RS which has the exact same base hardware if I'm not mistaken. FFB is stellar for me. I like it way more than AC's which I found remote and artificial (even though it is more detailed). I cannot feel traction loss as I do with AMS. Here are my settings :

---Thrustmaster driver settings---
    Overall Strength of all forces: 75%
    Constant: 100%
    Periodic: 100%
    Spring: 0%
    Damper: 0%
    Auto-center: set to in-game

---Automobilista FFB Settings---
    Force Feedback strength: 75%
    FFB effects: 360Mhz Pure
    Low force boost: 40%
    Custom steering range: No (beware, when leaving AMS, your TMX driver will keep the last value pushed by AMS. So if you start AC afterwards, steering range will definitely not be 900°).

With those settings, you get the best FFB of the market according to me. :) :hurrayreiza:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Many thanks Polo199.....that made the world of difference.
    One more question, in each car type do you leave the steering degrees etc per the default, or adjust them?. I noticed in the MCR2000 the default seemed good (wheel is set to 900 degrees in Thrustmaster control panel), whereas in the new AJR the steering doesnt feel direct enough (need to turn the wheel too much)....thanks again

4. polo199

polo199 Member AMS2 Club Member

I do not change the default settings as far as steering range goes. I'm usually OK with Reiza's default values.

However, are you sure the MCR is 900°? I'm pretty sure it is way less than that. I trust in-game values and I've actually never checked against the TM driver's. I only noticed it is not resetted to the default value when I leave the game.

5. DerLucky

DerLucky Member

I do have a TMX as well, and I'm running essentially the same settings as polo, I just have the "Overall Strength of all forces" on 100 as well as the FFB strength ingame.
    As far as steering rotation goes: I once set it to 900 in the TMX driver, and since then I let AMS decide what it will actually use.

6. Andres Montes

Andres Montes New Member

Ive used this settings but after a while my wheel got stiff.

7. Andres Montes

Andres Montes New Member

Can you share me all of your settings