1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFB help...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kan, Jan 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kan

Kan New Member

Hi all i just got AMS and i really enjoy this its a hidden gem!!!

but i have some problem with FFB... i played AC RF2 PCARS2 R3E IRACING....

i'm using fanatec CSL 100%force, in game FFB pure360hz 60%strength, 0%lowboost and no tweak realfeel files

compare to other games i feel AMS's FFB is 20%-30% weaker but a lot clipping at high speed corners ...

i have no problem with other games mostly clipping free and strong(ex AC 60% FFB)

any thing i can do for it?

tnx guys have a nice weekend :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Give it a few percent Low Force Boost, maybe around 20%. Your's is exactly the scenario to use it for. The FFB is quite different from car to car. Try one of the Opala Stock Cars, they should have much heavier steering at low speeds.

3. Kan

Kan New Member

ok i will try 20% low boost and opala car.. thank you verymuch

4. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Suggestion to give it some low force boost is a good one however R3E feels heavier no matter what you do. Up the strength too, 60% is possibly a bit low, you shouldn't get clipping at 60%. Doesn't mean heavier is always better. rF2 depends on the car, but doesn't nearly feel as heavy as R3E either.

It's personal preference but to me AMS and rF2 (in that order) have the best feel. Whenever I play R3E I think to myself - wow, FFB feels great, but when I come back to AMS it just feels like home.

If I may suggest something. Give AMS some time, once you get used to it I believe you'll love it like the rest of us. I'm fairly new to AMS myself, have lowly G29 and even though I don't get this heavy FFB I can now feel every nuance of the road. Reiza did magic with two sliders and in-house tweaking ini files so we don't have to worry about it.

5. Kan

Kan New Member

I think i got a answer... in game strength 100% and turn down realfeel MaxForceAtSteeringRack for each car(use numpad)
    i don't have clipping anymore....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. oppolo

oppolo New Member

i had your same problem too
    turning down maxforce you reduce the strenght of a weak(as you said before) ffb. i use 80% mix of realfeel

7. Kan

Kan New Member

Now you don't have clipping problem yeh?:D