help with compund change (AIRaceCompoundSwitch = 1)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Philip00, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hello All,

I am playing with automobilista and also convert soem mods from rfactor to automobilista for private usage.

I made work everything perfect except force to AI to change tyre compound

I have seen that in the original content every series has an ID number and in the GDB compound restriction refer to this ID number (for ex.)

Formula Reiza:
    ID=9

In GDB you can see:

CompoundsAllowed
    {
    Series9
    {
    Quali=3,4
    Race=3,4
    }

If i put in the series file AIracecompoundswitch=1 then the AI change compund during the pit stop.

So in my 2010 mod i put in the series file:
    ID=40
    AIracecompoundswitch=1

and in the GDB

CompoundsAllowed
    {
    Series40
    {
    Quali=1,2
    Race=1,2
    }

However the AI still not changing the compound just same to the same compund.

I ahve alos tried to give in the series file an existing ID number like:
    CompoundsAllowed
    {
    Series9
    {
    Quali=1,2
    Race=1,2
    }

with no luck.

Can somebody explain is there some additional things which i need to do or maybe to put or delete something in HDV in order to make it work that the AI change the compound?

Thank you very much in Advance, i would really appriciate it.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  2. Philip00

Philip00 Member

@Renato Simioni

I know you are very busy i do not want to push or bothering you, I jsut really curious and exciting about this feature. Could you explain how to implement airacecompoundswitch to third party mods?

Thank you so much in Advance

3. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Update:

Actually I make it work but not on the way that I can read here:

"I´d already replied in the Beta topic, but in case others also have similar doubts:

You should add the parameters you want using the updated syntax to your custom GDB file:

CompoundsAllowed
    {
    SeriesXX
    {
    Quali=2,1
    Race=2,1,
    )

Where "XX" is an unique ID you´ll need to create & add to the top block of your mod´s SRS file - make sure it doesn´t conflict with IDs of original content (should be above 40).

So if you´re adjusting the CART mod which has ID=55 and you want to restrict the track so that only speedway tires can be used, adding something like this should work:

CompoundsAllowed
    {
    Series55
    {
    Quali=4
    Race=4
    )
    }

The logic for restricting compound is the same as before, with the exception you can now specify different restrictions for quali and race."

I have tried to set ID number 55 for series file also I put there the following 2 lines:

TireRules = 1 // Force compound restrictions on GDB
    AIRaceCompoundSwitch = 1 // whether AI is forced to switch compounds in tire pitstops

Also I put in the GDB
    CompoundsAllowed
    {
    Series55
    {
    Quali=1
    Race=1,2
    )
    }

However it did not work.

I have also seen that in the VEH vfile there is also an ID number which is usually the ID number +0

so I put in every veh. file the following ID:

ID=550

Still didn't work.

However if I put in veh. file ID=310 so it refer to ID=31 n that way restrictions work and also ai change compound in their pit stop. (in this way there could be any ID number in the series file it is not matter only the VEH file is important.)

My question is how can I make it to use a different(not exist) ID number and make it work?

My second question is it possible that AI will switch not once compound but twice?
    (EX. AI start on Supersoft in the first pit stop AI change to Soft and second pit stop AI change to Medium or any tire compound which is the following in the TBC file)?

It could be cool that they could change multiple times and the order could be inside the TBC

For EX. if in the TBC the order is supersoft, soft, medium, then the AI will change compound in this order but it can be in the TBC supersoft, soft, supersoft, or just supersoft, soft.)

In this way we can make for AI different variable of tire strategy?

for example if you put in SRS AIRaceCompoundSwitch = 2 then AI change in the first pit stop for the following compound in the second pit stop the compound after that.

If you put in SRS AIRaceCompoundSwitch = 3 etc..

Is this possible guys?

Thank you so much in Advance,

Please let me know if something is not clear I know my English is not perfect.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Apologies for the late reply. It may be the code is not reading IDs beyond the range we already using or just a little beyond. Try setting the SRS ID above 35 but below 40. The VEH ID shouldn´t matter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi Renato!

First of all thank you very much for your answer I really appriciate it and I know how busy you are.

Regardi g my second question, Do you think is it possible? From outside i zhink probably not too hard to do it that AI switch to the following compound in tbc not just in the first but in the second pit stop but I am just saying from outside.

Is it possible to implement it?

Thank you so much in Advance

6. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi Renato,

Sorry to bothering you with this but I am really curious that it would be possible to implement it to the game?

Thank you so much your answer in Advance,

7. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi Renato,

I know you guys are so busy I have also sent you a private msg.

Please when you have time check it I would love to know if it possible to implement in the game.

Thank you so much in Advance and sorry for the bothering.

Philip