Disappearing cars on multy

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by DaVeX, Jan 16, 2018.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Sorry @Renato Simioni for the tag but the "disappearing cars" bug is back.
    We did a 20 min race at Brands GT with MCR, 26 players on server and this is what happened (very visible when starting race).

As far as we know the bug isn't related to users ping (doesn't matter if low or high) and some reported they have this problem on other servers too since the latest updates (1.4.8 > 1.5.0).
    Hope it helps!
    Thanks to Kay Kolarik for the vid!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

The same to me

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On the Dedicated Server in the Multiplayer.ini, set this and let me know how it goes.

Max Data Per Client="64" // if desired, a per-client upload limit (in kbps) will be used if lower than the computed throttle rate

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see you ran a server last night, did this help?

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaVeX

Thanks Alex for your interest, yesterday all went fine. As far as we know the bug is there when we reach high cars numbers like more than 20+ cars on server (usually 25 users or more) so we don't know if yesterday all went fine thanks to solution you suggested or due to total cars on track. We need to reach the same number of players again to be sure the fix works, hope this will happen soon (I think yes) so I can report the results to you as soon as possible.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Member

Our league will have a race in a few days, and I'm seeing this and wondering if we should use this "fix" that Alex is recommending. Our settings regarding this would be default, currently.

We are expecting a large crowd, 25+ cars.

Is this something we should be concerned enough about to change before the race? And could there be any ill effects from this fix? Is this an iss

Wanting to make sure things go smoothly, so advice on that would be very welcomed.

7. DaVeX

Sorry mate but since now we didn't do a race with more than 20 players so we can't say if the problem persists or not and if the fix works or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rodrigo Wizard

Rodrigo Wizard New Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the leagues still need help in that.

The DedicatedServer is consuming an abnormal amount of processing, about 25% in QuadCores, and when we reach about 20-25 clients on machines with this processor configuration, the same error shown in the video above occurs.

The FPS panel drops to 0, while the data send rate goes up, and the receive rate drops, to off-normal values. We tested bitrate at 64, 128, 9999, all original Automobilista content, new 1.5 original SRS, dedicatedserver.PLR, multiplayer.ini.

This problem happened after v1.5.

Here at F1BC we have 7 current championships with 26 participants each and with that the need to occupy 30 slots per event, which makes this problem an urgency. I would be grateful if you could see what happens.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. DaVeX

Can you guys post a trace of your tests here? We are trying to do the same but still not more than 20 on server :oops:

10. Ronan Mendina

Ronan Mendina New Member

PM me, i can send the trace

11. DaVeX

Thanks mate but as you know I am not a developer, if you post it here Reiza guys can give a look at it and maybe figure what is happening.

12. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Just attach trace here.

13. Gilles Lalonde

Gilles Lalonde MotherDawg

Hi guys,

Last Tuesday at MNRL, we ran the first event of the new season, our first with AMS. We are running the RSR 74 mod and the event was at the Road Atlanta track from the Ultimate Megapack. 24 cars took the start. We did not suffer a field "disappearing act" but, for the first few laps, while still bunched up, between The Esses & corner 6... same place every lap... frame rate did not just dropped it "disappeared". Ping went sky high, over a thousand, and cars started to "Warp" all over the place. We did practice for hour before without any hint of trouble but we never were 24 cars on the same stretch of track.

I've been around long enough, all rF1, modded many tracks and fixed dozens of AIWs, I know that what I just explained could be track related but guys with high end rigs all suffered the same bewildering lag until we stretched out.

It does smell like some kind of network overload.

So, I've done countless rFactor Traces but never for the dedicated server executable. Furthermore, I just tried one with the standard exe and I have no clue where Steam dropped the Trace.txt file.

And, what kind of trace do want Alex, 1,2,3...5?
    On a live event or off a replay (that wont work)?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  14. Gilles Lalonde

Interesting !?!?!?

Not a single response to my question.
    I understand that Reiza is moving on to a new title so my new question is:

Will support for AMS 1.5 being reduced or something?

As your product is now making inroads into the rF1 installed base, it would not be a wise decision to diminish anything.

You asked for a trace, I had asked Which Level? ...no return!?!?!?

At MNRL, we just had a second event. Same mod: RSR74. But this time, on one of the default track: Córdoba.

We were 24 cars and it happened again. This time, ready for it, we can relate a bit more on it. No, no trace, you did not answer any questions in my previous post. What is That?

Almost every lap, 34 of them, we had warping, disappearing and a general bothersome experience.

Like at R.Atlanta, things were happening on a specific section of track. It would start going into the last two corners of Córdoba. Warping right-left-disappearing-reappearing-fore-back-somewhere-else...havoc!

A few laps down with the field stretched, it could happened anywhere, I think, when a group went through the last two corners and warp themselves, allother drivers anywhere around would also warp and go through an havoc period.

The precision is this: while warping off to the side and coming back in front of me... disappearing... reappearing... I saw the ping stay constant, 124-128... no change.

In rF1, those label where big. You could read them on the fly. The size they are in AMS, when they're warping all over and you're trying to stay on track, catching... "deciphering" that tiny number is next to impossible.... most of the time it's white on white. Is there a way to set them back to big?

When it's lagging, it shows in the replay. Here, the replay is silky smooth... it's fishy...

So guys, do you want to host our next event or something?

15. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Gilles Lalonde If you want to report something, the most efficient seems to use the official bug report thread (after reading the opening post that indicates how to report).
    But then you should report problem with original content only: modding is not officially supported...:)

16. Gilles Lalonde

17. Gilles Lalonde

Thank You Alex.

Then close this so no one else add to it.

18. DaVeX

We did several tests with this settings and the problem seems gone, thanks for this!
    If the problem will be there again I will keep you guys informed but for now it works!

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

20. DaVeX

The problem is back after the latest update, we will check again our server settings but I suggest to put them as default maybe?