Official Servers Schedule?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by SaxOhare, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am maybe a part of the problem but I really enjoy the sort of track day servers you get on AC where you can just have some casual fun in a variety of different cars without any pressure or time schedule to stick to. AMS is much more a racing oriented sim than AC and doesn't have Nords Tourist but maybe one of the versions of Mendig would be good for something similar.

2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In AC you can see the server will never enter another state then Practice because only the P in the lobby is shown,
    In AMS you never know in front if the server will enter a race, sometime you are in a hours length practice and suddenly the server goes to qualy or race and sometimes after being in practice for a long time, the weekend restarts and a race will never come,
    So these track-days need a better lobby with more indicators for what is going on.

My idea of the schedule with a queue is to know when a race goes on and give other racers time to join,

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think sometimes simple steam group would be enough. Example: When u want to play carmageddon reincarnation, its multiplayer is 99% of times dead, but somehow i managed to play a lot of multi there and actually anyone interested doesnt have a problem with it. There's a steam group called CUNT for carma players, one guy and steam group chat is enough to initiate long session, having other players as steam friends is also helpful. Theres bunch of threads on carma forum about how carma multi is dead but actually any cunt member has more multi than enough :p Ive been lookin for such group on steam but they were inactive or not exactly what i was looking for. Watcha think?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

1) The server will never enter another state then Practice because only the P in the lobby is shown, (this would be incredible!)

2) Also to have a timetable of the tracks offered for next week, useful to organize races in their servers. (we are gonna usually race in reiza servers on thursday 22 GMT, you all are invited to join!)-> ok wellcome to the future: Official Servers & TTotW schedule & settings :D

More ideas are wellcome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

MODS ? Why would you run mods instead of official content. Most mods on rf2 and ams have rubbish physics compared to the official content. I usually delete mods after trying them....a waste of time. And when using a DD wheel it's even more apparent how bad the mods are.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

Yep i agree some non official mods are not good enought but at least we have the track, others non official are fine! (patricks, srw, wcp, etc etc).

I understand you but the mods are there and may be some modder could improve the .scn file that i think is the one involved in the track-ffb (no expert here).

And i prefer to have one bad track than nothing.
    When the time passes mods will evolve, worked and updated by others i hope.

But yeah i also would prefered that reiza have done those tracks but as in real life we have to go with what we have.
    Good day all!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018