1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roadmap for 2018?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eduardo Villaça, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Eduardo Villaça

Eduardo Villaça Member AMS2 Club Member

First of all I'd like to say I'm a huge fan, but then again if I wasn't I probably wouldn't bother to create this post. It's been over a month since we last had an official update from Reiza, and while I know some time off was really due after the hard work Reiza put in AMS last year, it's a real bummer that we don't get at least some signal of what's to come.

For starters, we still have stuff from AMS which hasn't been released yet:

- DRIFT
    - SUPER F-DIRT
    - CAR PACK DLC

I'm sure people will also mention a number of fixes they want addressed as well, but as a software developer I know this is a nearly endless process. I know there's a patch in beta with a few fixes, but that's not the issue here. If Reiza could give us a roadmap for 2018, or at the very least an "expect news from us in X months", that would be nice. And I know this would also open a can of worms for you, but an "expect news from our new project in X months" would be awesome, it's been quite a while since you last mentioned AMS2 (?) in an official capacity.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

There will be no more major updates to AMS. They have repeatedly stated that 1.5 was the last big revision.

3. Eduardo Villaça

Their final development update from last December explicitly mentioned the features above, making it clear that these features wouldn't make the 1.5 patch and would be released post-patch.

I'm not asking for anything other than what was already mentioned by Reiza. I'd just like to have an idea on how these things are progressing and when can we hope to hear anything on their new project, that's all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Member AMS2 Club Member

Heh, I can feel you on this. But on the other side, I like it the way Reiza are doing what they do. No big over-hyped DX11 news, just quality updates ;) And the way they developed AMS is just incredible. There is no doubt on my mind, that their next project will put us off our seats. With or without development roadmaps. Patience, patience.. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

Patience...yep but we need something to alleviate our waiting! :D...an image, some filtration,..dont know... :D.

• Like Like x 4
  6. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I fully agree with the OP, I need some info!!!
    I love the roadmap updates Reiza posted until now and a little preview would be awesome, even better a "which car is it?" game (a blurred pic) for us while waiting for the "well know brand" DLC.
    About AMS2 would be great to follow it from early stage, I always love to read how devs works from early ideas/tests to finished product...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

"next year our development focus will be fully on an exciting new challenge, about which we hope to be sharing more news soon." that was in december, cmon reiza :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe people at Reiza also read S397 forums. And I also believe they are quick learners. Who in the right state of mind would put out any info and risk wasting time replying on forums to the people that set their expectations way to high, resulting in a great frustration at the end of the month when (demanded) roadmap is published. Makes no sense, does it? :)

I think, the best way for next Reiza project would be a silent simbomb :D Just as we would expect it the least, it would explode and smash the competition with licenced WEC hardcore sim :hurrayreiza:. Just sayin'.. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

my expectations arent too high, i just want ams with VR :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Eduardo Villaça

It's been two months since I posted this, and a month since Reiza simply repeated on twitter what they had already said in December. I love AMS and will always support Reiza, but this silence only makes me think of two things:

- They are holding back on the last patch due to having some trouble with the manufacturer deal for the last DLC. Perhaps the deal went south and they are trying to solve it because this is supposed to be part of the season pass;
    - Being a small team, it's taking them too long to fine tune all the stuff they intended to include in this final patch. If that is the case, the viability of a possible Reiza 18/AMS 2 becomes highly unlikely.

Speaking of AMS2, I understand Gasper's comment regarding RF2, but it's really difficult to keep waiting for a new sim that, by all accounts, might not even exist yet. Let's be real, other than a few remarks on the AMS crowdfunding campaign and on some postings, no one has ever seen/heard anything solid regarding Reiza 17/18/19/2050... And again, I'm not asking for specifics, all I wanted was a signal that such product exists. Reiza doesn't need to show mockups like GTR3, they don't need to show anything at all, all I wanted was some acknowledgment that this new sim exists.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll take the last dlc first, then start waiting for news on the next title!